PDA

View Full Version : Semroc will be at NARAM-48

Carl@Semroc
07-24-2006, 04:36 AM
We are looking forward to NARAM! If you are going, be sure to stop by and see us. If you are not, we sure wish you were!

See our Semroc Minute (http://www.semroc.com/documents/semroc-minute1.html) for more details.

Initiator001
07-24-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm looking forward to picking up one of those Commemorative Point kits. :)

Bob

stefanj
07-24-2006, 09:52 PM
It is ashame about the price increases. Understandable, though.

There are a few peculiarities. The Astro-1 is $11.50, while the much more elaborate Laser-X is only a dollar more!

Would seperating out the shipping help by encouraging larger purchases?

John Dyer
07-25-2006, 04:54 PM
We are looking forward to NARAM! If you are going, be sure to stop by and see us. If you are not, we sure wish you were!

See our Semroc Minute (http://www.semroc.com/documents/semroc-minute1.html) for more details.

Have a safe trip Carl! We'll see you there in a couple of days!

John

Initiator001
08-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Here's a picture of the Semroc display in their hotel room.

For the next NARAM they attend, Semroc needs either a bigger room or a smaller display! :D

Bob

Ltvscout
08-10-2006, 07:37 AM

For the next NARAM they attend, Semroc needs either a bigger room or a smaller display! :D
It's neat to see how the Semroc display board gets filled with more and more kits at each of the national events they attend.

CPMcGraw
08-10-2006, 11:31 AM
It's neat to see how the Semroc display board gets filled with more and more kits at each of the national events they attend.

That photo brings back memories buried thirty years in the past!

Wouldn't it be great to walk into your LHS and see a wall of these kits hanging in plain view? Sigh...

snaquin
08-10-2006, 06:38 PM

Bob

Can't be a smaller display ..... going to need more room to hang the Saturn 1B and Little Joe II kits when those are released :)

Initiator001
08-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Can't be a smaller display ..... going to need more room to hang the Saturn 1B and Little Joe II kits when those are released :)

Oh, man...

You jinxed us! :D

Bob

Initiator001
08-18-2006, 11:51 PM
I am in the process of going through my NARAM-48 pictures and found some shots of Carl on the NARAM flying field.

Many of these pictures show him with someone else, but I have no idea who it is. ;)

Bob

snaquin
08-19-2006, 12:06 AM
I am in the process of going through my NARAM-48 pictures and found some shots of Carl on the NARAM flying field.

Many of these pictures show him with someone else, but I have no idea who it is. ;)

Bob

I wonder what size motor Carl used in the Hustler? Not a reload ..... looks like an EconoJet or single use.

I wish I could have made NARAM this year :(

Ltvscout
08-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey, Carl. You should consider selling those Semroc polo shirts. I'd bet a number of people, including myself, would buy one!

Chas Russell
08-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Snaquin inquired thusly:

I wonder what size motor Carl used in the Hustler? Not a reload ..... looks like an EconoJet or single use.

That was my Hustler model built from the Just-the-parts kit prior to the release of the current kit. Their shipping service crushed the fin unit on their model, so I offered mine.
The motor was a Road Runner Rocketry F35-6 composite. It screamed!
After recovering the model, I asked Lee Piester if he would certify me as a "Centuri Rocketeer". It was a Centuri advertisment campaign from long ago.
Lee signed my model with, "Beautiful Bird, Lee". Should have pics in the new Launch magazine first or second issue.

Chas
Centuri Rocketeer since 1967.

Ltvscout
08-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Chas,

How did you like the RRR motors? Is anyone selling them yet other then factory direct?

Chas Russell
08-19-2006, 04:57 PM
I had only flown one previous to the Hustler flight. At the NARAM sports launch I flew a LOC Weasel on an F35-10. Seem like good motors, as a few were flown at the NSL. Still, I have only seen a small number of them flown.
Road Runner is trying to line up dealers. John Dyer of Red River Rocketry was selling them at NARAM, so a few were flown at on the sports range.

www.roadrunnerrocketry.com

Chas

snaquin
08-20-2006, 01:17 AM
Snaquin inquired thusly:

That was my Hustler model built from the Just-the-parts kit prior to the release of the current kit. Their shipping service crushed the fin unit on their model, so I offered mine.
After recovering the model, I asked Lee Piester if he would certify me as a "Centuri Rocketeer". It was a Centuri advertisment campaign from long ago.
Lee signed my model with, "Beautiful Bird, Lee". Should have pics in the new Launch magazine first or second issue.

Chas

Ok, now I remember ..... Bob had posted a picture of Lee when he signed it in his NARAM-48 flights thread. That's where I first saw it! Beautiful finish on that one. I hope to start on my Hustler soon.

Must have been a memorable flight on that motor!

Eagle3
08-21-2006, 01:41 PM
That photo brings back memories buried thirty years in the past!

Wouldn't it be great to walk into your LHS and see a wall of these kits hanging in plain view? Sigh...

I hear ya Craig. I remember the hobby shop in Seaford Delaware, 1972. Walls with pegboards full of Centuri and Estes kits.

Eagle3
08-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Chas,

How did you like the RRR motors? Is anyone selling them yet other then factory direct?

SFSM is selling RRR motors and the G80's are sweeeeeeeet!

Ltvscout
08-21-2006, 03:26 PM
SFSM is selling RRR motors and the G80's are sweeeeeeeet!
Is that Scott Miller's hybrid company?

snaquin
08-21-2006, 07:53 PM

Chas

Chas

I rec'd the premier issue today and the Hustler pictures you mention are on pages 54 & 55
As Mark already mentioned, these are some of the bonus pages that were not in the premier issue that was distributed at NARAM-48

Eagle3
08-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Correct, but he caters to a lot more than hybrids. He doesn't sell much Aerotech if any at all, but he has nearly everything else in stock or can get it and I mean anything! He is the Zen master of hybrids and high power. He hasn't updated his website in awhile and he knows it. *LOL*

http://www.sfsmindustries.com/

Ltvscout
08-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Correct, but he caters to a lot more than hybrids. He doesn't sell much Aerotech if any at all, but he has nearly everything else in stock or can get it and I mean anything! He is the Zen master of hybrids and high power. He hasn't updated his website in awhile and he knows it. *LOL*

http://www.sfsmindustries.com/
We (WOOSH) bought our hybrid GSE and motor casings from him at NARCON 2005.