PDA

View Full Version : Titan III E and Dyno-Soar

Kidagain
03-18-2012, 01:08 AM
Hi all,

I am looking for advice and or suggestions. I just got a Titan IIIE off Ebay and a Roachwerks X-20's BT-60. I plan on a livery closer to a IIIC and want to make the nose exchangeable for a Ttian IIIC MOL setup. I believe this will not be difficult. I understand main tube length will have to possibly change. My focus is the X-20 right now. I will be using a clear tube for the Fin inserts and clear fin material. I think the fins will need to be larger for the ones on the same plain as the X-20 wings. :D

Thanks as always,

sandman
03-18-2012, 11:10 AM
I found this.

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=5404

Here are some images that may help too.

Ez2cDave
03-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for advice and or suggestions. I just got a Titan IIIE off Ebay and a Roachwerks X-20's BT-60. I plan on a livery closer to a IIIC and want to make the nose exchangeable for a Ttian IIIC MOL setup. I believe this will not be difficult. I understand main tube length will have to possibly change. My focus is the X-20 right now. I will be using a clear tube for the Fin inserts and clear fin material. I think the fins will need to be larger for the ones on the same plain as the X-20 wings. :D

Thanks as always,

Shoot me an E-Mail . . . Ez2cDave@aol.com

I have 63 MB of data on the X-20 DYNASOAR and a lot of data on the TITAN-III will be happy to send it to you !

Dave F.

Bill
03-18-2012, 10:08 PM
The Spaceship Handbook http://www.arapress.com/ssh.php from ARA Press has plans in the back for an X-20 on the Estes Titan kit. The book is somewhat pricey, but trust me, it is worth every penny.

Bill

Kidagain
03-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Thanks! I just orderd the book off Amazon. :cool:

Ez2cDave
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi all,

Thanks as always,

Hope you enjoy the Data disc . . .

Post pics when you are building !

Dave F.

Kidagain
03-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Thank You guys as always. I got the CD (DAVE) and I bought the Book (BILL). :D I am set to make the build go as easy as possilble. Only wish I could make Gordy's X-20 a full glider for the build. I think I am considering popping it off at apogee and come down on a parasail if I can work out the line attachment points and keep the chute from tangling up with the glider. Not sure about that yet :confused: I looked up the chute idea in my copy of Tim Van Milliigans book. :D

kgailey
03-25-2012, 09:45 PM
I am in the build stage of a BT-80 size Titan-X-20, powered by two d-e motors, with glide back for the X-20. I see your in the Denver area, I am in the Grand Lake Area, where do you launch. not much open area up here. Good luck on your project. Terry

Kidagain
03-26-2012, 12:06 AM
I am a member of C.R.A.S.H.

http://www.crashonline.org/calendar_d.html

Daddyisabar
03-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Looking forward to seeing all your cool stuff fly!

sandman
03-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Thank You guys as always. I got the CD (DAVE) and I bought the Book (BILL). :D I am set to make the build go as easy as possilble. Only wish I could make Gordy's X-20 a full glider for the build. I think I am considering popping it off at apogee and come down on a parasail if I can work out the line attachment points and keep the chute from tangling up with the glider. Not sure about that yet :confused: I looked up the chute idea in my copy of Tim Van Milliigans book. :D

My X-20 nose cone even if you could get it to glide since it's so small would probably fly like a leaf.

Bill
03-26-2012, 04:26 PM

My copy of the book is not handy for me to look it up, but I seem to recall the plans had the Dynasoar separating to glide/flutter back.

Bill