PDA

View Full Version : An announcement from Excelsior Rocketry and specifically Roachwerks

sandman
01-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Due to the unbelievable arctic cold hitting Michigan this week I just cannot work out in my shop.

My two space heater just can't keep up.

The lathe tools tend to "suck" the heat right out of my hand.

And please...don't suggest gloves...not real safe to use on a lathe.

All custom nose cone orders will be delayed until it warms up just a bit. At least into double figures.

It's currently 4 degrees here plus winds gusting to 30 mph seem to find all of the cracks and openings in my shop!

CPMcGraw
01-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Sandman, ever thought about becoming a "snowbird"? :rolleyes:

Here's the dreadful weather we're having to deal with this week in Mobile... :D

sandman
01-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Sandman, ever thought about becoming a "snowbird"? :rolleyes:

Here's the dreadful weather we're having to deal with this week in Mobile... :D

NO!

It's only a few days a year.

Another issue just came up.

I will be "off line" for a day or two. I have to take my computer in to resolve some issues.

All current in house decal only order will go out today.

Scott6060842
01-22-2013, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=sandman]
I have to take my computer in to resolve some issues.

Thats what happens when you can't stay off 'those' web sites :D

Gus
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
... It's currently 4 degrees here ...
Maybe I'll drive up to see you since it's 33% warmer up there. ;)

ghrocketman
01-22-2013, 01:05 PM
It was an honest -4 degrees F in my area 15mi SW of Flint today when I got in car this morning. Warmed up to +1 at end of drive 50mi South. YUCK. Once retired I will NEVER see snow or cold temps ever again !!! Been here all my life and Winter in Michigan STILL SUCKS !

Honestly was hoping the announcement from Roachwerks would be announcement of a new run of LJII kits !

jetlag
01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes, you could stop by Gordy's and pick up a few of those LJII and bring some to me on your way down to SC to retire! It almost never snows here.

We are quite popular with retirees.

Allen

jeffyjeep
01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Due to the unbelievable arctic cold hitting Michigan this week I just cannot work out in my shop.

My two space heater just can't keep up.

The lathe tools tend to "suck" the heat right out of my hand.

And please...don't suggest gloves...not real safe to use on a lathe.

All custom nose cone orders will be delayed until it warms up just a bit. At least into double figures.

It's currently 4 degrees here plus winds gusting to 30 mph seem to find all of the cracks and openings in my shop!
One would think that with the PILES of loot you've made from selling decals, cones, and kits you would be able to build a super-insulated, centrally heated, Biltmore-sized workshop!

What do you blow all the money on?

Booze?

Girls?

Well, which is it? Is it both? It's BOTH--isn't it?

I knew it.

....and then you have the audacity to cry to us about it. Sheesh!

evil ed
01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
My Mother-in-law and Father-in-law just bought a house in Hobe Sound, FL.
They're still going back and forth between Florida and Indiana. They came back just in time for the single digit highs.
Perfect timing was never my Father-in-law's strong suit. :D

ghrocketman
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
SC is not nearly warm ENOUGH in the Winter. SOUTHERN Florida (Ft. Myers or below) WILL be the destination.

ALMOST never snows is not good enough. I want to almost never see temps below 60 degrees F !
EVER seeing snow outside of a ski trip to the Rockies is NOT an option.

jeffyjeep
01-22-2013, 01:36 PM
For me, it will be Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India--just 10 degrees north of the equator.

Not!

ghrocketman
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
I have no desire to ever even visit ANY city in the unsanitary pits known as India, Pakistan, or Bangladesh.

Shocking huh ?

sandman
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
One would think that with the PILES of loot you've made from selling decals, cones, and kits you would be able to build a super-insulated, centrally heated, Biltmore-sized workshop!

What do you blow all the money on?

Booze?

Girls?

Well, which is it? Is it both? It's BOTH--isn't it?

I knew it.

....and then you have the audacity to cry to us about it. Sheesh!

I spend my money on
Internet
Phone bill
Printer ink
Decal paper
Shipping
Insurance (medical, liability)
Headache medication
Antacid
Electricity
My gas bill!!!!

Jerry Irvine
01-22-2013, 04:02 PM
I spend my money on
Internet
Phone bill
Printer ink
Decal paper
Shipping
Insurance (medical, liability)
Headache medication
Antacid
Electricity
My gas bill!!!!You could save on most of those on a large scale by moving to NV, AZ or CO.

Solomoriah
01-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Hah. I sell computers (and service them) for a living. When I get a big order, someone always says "What are you going to do with all the money?"

My answer? "Pay my $@!* taxes."

jeffyjeep
01-24-2013, 07:53 AM
One of my neighbors has a SMOKIN' hot wife and five (5) daughters (all living at home) and he complains to me about always being broke. DUH.

sandman
01-24-2013, 07:55 AM
If I have any money left I waste it on groceries and maybe prescription medication.

jeffyjeep
01-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Gordy, I hope you know I was only joking. I admit I DO get out of hand sometimes. :o

sandman
01-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Gordy, I hope you know I was only joking. I admit I DO get out of hand sometimes. :o

Oh...I know... :rolleyes:

Bayourat
01-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Stay safe and warm. :)

Gus
01-24-2013, 11:55 AM
For those of you who have never been to Gordy's, I took this picture to explain why his garage gets so cold. It is unattached and unheated.

jeffyjeep
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I didn't know Gordie was Muslim, but it doesn't surprise me due to his proximity to Dearborn. :D

ghrocketman
01-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Sounds like the neighbor with the smokin' hot wife and 5 daughters needs to close the wallet to stop being broke and tell the women if it is THAT important, YOU need to earn the money YOURSELF to buy it. Otherwise they don't need it.
If that is NOT accptable to them, he had a a gold-digger for a wife and a stable of trainees.

jeffyjeep
01-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Bingo!

Randy
01-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Hey, don't knock the smokin hot wife until you've tried it. ;)

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

jeffyjeep
01-26-2013, 04:00 AM
Already got one, bro!

ANYWAY.......

Gordy, has the weather in "The Thumb" improved at all? It's 80 F in Tel Aviv today. It's too bad it's Shabbat and nothing's open and the trains don't run until after sunset or I'd head up to Haifa.

sandman
01-26-2013, 05:51 AM
Already got one, bro!

ANYWAY.......

Gordy, has the weather in "The Thumb" improved at all? It's 80 F in Tel Aviv today. It's too bad it's Shabbat and nothing's open and the trains don't run until after sunset or I'd head up to Haifa.

Actually it has! In the 20's all weekend and up to 55 by Wensday.

I'm going out to work in the shop later today.

Randy
01-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Already got one, bro!

ANYWAY.......

Yeah, I know you do too, I was responding to GH. ;)

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

jeffyjeep
01-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Actually it has! In the 20's all weekend and up to 55 by Wensday.

I'm going out to work in the shop later today.
55 above? No way!

sandman
01-26-2013, 11:01 AM
55 above? No way!

Yes, WAY!

But...they have been wrong before. :rolleyes: