PDA

View Full Version : I used to have brown hair

SEL
09-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Found a bunch of old photo's the other night. These were taken at a CMASS launch in Amesbury Ma. The rocket is a LOC Legacy, the first one is going up on a F25 classic (note the lack of flame), and the second I think is going up on a Rocketflight F50-7.

S.

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Found a bunch of old photo's the other night. These were taken at a CMASS launch in Amesbury Ma. The rocket is a LOC Legacy, the first one is going up on a F25 classic (note the lack of flame), and the second I think is going up on a Rocketflight F50-7.

S.
:cool: I used to have hair, but it's been so long I forgot what color. :( :D

billspad
09-11-2013, 06:15 AM
You used to look younger too. You should have stayed in MA where we don't age. I have no photographic proof of this but I'm sure it's true.

The pictures look like they're from the mid 90's when we first started flying in Amesbury. That pad number taped to an old NEMROC sign is the giveaway.

SEL
09-11-2013, 11:11 AM
You used to look younger too. You should have stayed in MA where we don't age. I have no photographic proof of this but I'm sure it's true.

Ahh, yes - Massachusetts: The Land Time Forgot.

The pictures look like they're from the mid 90's when we first started flying in Amesbury. That pad number taped to an old NEMROC sign is the giveaway.

The first 2 I think are from the first (only?) Regional in Amesbury, which was when - '95? The 3rd is from the same year. Come to think of it, the last photo may be my Level 1 cert attempt on a G something or other that cato'd right after I took the photo...

S.

SEL
09-11-2013, 03:55 PM

S.

Someone a while back (K'Tesh maybe?) was asking about a Estes 'Yellow Jacket' upscale. I posted a photo, but these are a little better - the static one anyway.

S.

billspad
09-11-2013, 04:49 PM
The first 2 I think are from the first (only?) Regional in Amesbury, which was when - '95? The 3rd is from the same year. Come to think of it, the last photo may be my Level 1 cert attempt on a G something or other that cato'd right after I took the photo...

S.

We did the NSL in 1995. From the height of the grass I'd say the third photo was later in the year.

dlazarus6660
09-11-2013, 07:43 PM
What field is this?
I fly at Amesbury and I have never seen grass(weeds) as high as this.

billspad
09-11-2013, 09:14 PM
What field is this?
I fly at Amesbury and I have never seen grass(weeds) as high as this.

Same field. That was before when they let is trample the hay. Take a look at the grass behind you in this picture.

dlazarus6660
09-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Same field. That was before when they let is trample the hay. Take a look at the grass behind you in this picture.

That was just a couple 'o' weeks ago. Where did the summer go?

snaquin
09-14-2013, 11:53 PM

S.

Pretty cool old photo Sean. I loved the F25 with the original propellant before the WL came on the scene. Old Skool .....

LOC Legacy was probably one of the newer LOC offerings back then.

:)

jeffyjeep
09-15-2013, 09:27 AM
:cool: I used to have hair, but it's been so long I forgot what color. :( :D
The neighborhood waifs asked me what happened to MY hair.

I told them it was "shot off in the war".

jeffyjeep
09-15-2013, 08:33 PM

S.
Small world! I was in Amesbury, Mass. several years ago working on machinery in a tech shop called RF Logic.