PDA

View Full Version : Interceptor-E Nearing Completion

LeeR
02-24-2016, 07:12 PM
18 decals down, 40+ to go! I've been working on an Estes Interceptor-E for awhile. It's been so cold I've had a hard time priming and painting this Winter. I was able to get the nose cone completed since I could dash outside occasionally for a minute to paint.

I decided not to go with white paint. Instead, this one is Flat Light Aircraft Gray. I clear coated with Krylon UV-Resistant Acrylic Clear, in gloss, for a good decal base. Then top coated with their Matte Clear to restore the flat look. I also used Microscale's Decal Set and Micro Sol to get the decals to snuggle down nicely.

It was warm enough today to get the rest of this rocket clear coated, so decals will go on in a day or two.

sandman
02-24-2016, 08:05 PM
I really like the grey. It look much more military than the white.

burkefj
02-24-2016, 08:39 PM
I got a fever, and the only prescription is......

More Interceptors:)

LeeR
02-24-2016, 09:37 PM
Gord, thanks. I've become pretty fond of this color. I also used it on an Outlander finished like a Mars Lander. The little cans of Testors are nice, but pricey. I'd like to find something comparable in a big can. (But I do buy them at 40% off at Hobby Lobby.)

Frank, at the rate you are buying them, I'm about to order another Cosmic Interceptor before they are all gone!

Daddyisabar
02-25-2016, 12:49 PM
You have got to fly this at CRASH. So many Interceptor E stories to share. They love the F-24 reloads!

LeeR
02-25-2016, 03:44 PM
You have got to fly this at CRASH. So many Interceptor E stories to share. They love the F-24 reloads!

Definitely will. I've got lots of 24/40 reloads, including 13 of the E18 reloads, and 5 of tHe F24 reloads. I've contemplated getting the 24/60 hardware but I'd prefer to burn up some of my 24/40 F reloads first.

I've started to pack my rocket carry box with rockets, and already have about a dozen rockets packed for the next launch. Several two-stagers (Double Mini Bertha, Double Mini Max), my Astron Cobra clone, a TLP Hellfire, and a handful of no-names. Add the V-2 and Interceptor, and I think I have enough to fly all day long. :)

Daddyisabar
02-25-2016, 04:23 PM
Hope the weather holds and the winds are calm. Only one reload for the 24/60 so not many have that case. Everyone is going to CTI.