PDA

View Full Version : Pnc-55ex

six-o-one
05-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I know I can order one from BMS, just thought maybe someone had the plastic one laying around they would sell or trade for a motor mount or something. Dying to start on my Exocet remake, but kinda hate to start until I have a NC on the horizon.

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-25-2005, 02:00 PM
I've never even seen one in real life. Check with Mike Schmidt at Moldin' Oldies. It's possible that someone sent one to him last year. I know he now sells a bunch of Estes stuff that isn't on the site.

Ltvscout
05-25-2005, 05:35 PM
I've never even seen one in real life. Check with Mike Schmidt at Moldin' Oldies. It's possible that someone sent one to him last year. I know he now sells a bunch of Estes stuff that isn't on the site.
Speaking of Moldin' Oldies, watch for a big update of his site next week. He'll be adding a bunch more Estes items to his lineup.

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-25-2005, 05:46 PM
See? It's like I'm psychotic or something.

Ltvscout
05-25-2005, 05:53 PM
See? It's like I'm psychotic or something.
...or something. ;)

CPMcGraw
05-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I know I can order one from BMS, just thought maybe someone had the plastic one laying around they would sell or trade for a motor mount or something. Dying to start on my Exocet remake, but kinda hate to start until I have a NC on the horizon.

Unless Bill's added the 55EX to his catalog list, it's not shown in the 2005 catalog. You'd likely have to get that one semi-custom cut.

That's also the Ranger #1955 cone...

Craig...

six-o-one
05-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks, guys. Figured I would have to take one of those routes. Never seen a Ranger, other than of course in the catalogs, so can't really look one of those up to borrow the cone. Oh well, if it's worth having, it's worth waiting for, right?

CPMcGraw
05-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks, guys. Figured I would have to take one of those routes. Never seen a Ranger, other than of course in the catalogs, so can't really look one of those up to borrow the cone. Oh well, if it's worth having, it's worth waiting for, right?

With few exceptions, they're ALL worth having in a collection... :D

These are the only two rockets that used the 55EX, as far as I remember. I could be wrong...

Craig

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-25-2005, 09:21 PM
I looked last night and according to the list, there are three. Can't remember the other one, but I'll go look.
Neptune? :confused:

Ltvscout
05-25-2005, 11:18 PM
I looked last night and according to the list, there are three. Can't remember the other one, but I'll go look.
Neptune? :confused:
Das ist richtig.

You'll find that kind of info listed in John Brohm's handy-dandy Estes Nose Cone List found on the main rocketshoppe.com site. You can also see pictures of the cone with Arley Davis's handy-dandy Estes Nose Cone Picture List. These lists are under the Building Tips link I believe.

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Where do you think I came up with the Neptune? You don't think I actually KNEW that, do you? Ninfinger is down, so I can't even bring up a pic to satisfy my curiousity.

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Never mind. Found it at JimZ's. MAN, is that an unattractive kit! :eek:

Ltvscout
05-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Where do you think I came up with the Neptune? You don't think I actually KNEW that, do you? Ninfinger is down, so I can't even bring up a pic to satisfy my curiousity.
I figured you knew where to look. ;) I was just listing out that info for new members.

CPMcGraw
05-26-2005, 11:24 AM
NEPTUNE. How could I forget that thing? :confused:

Although, it's not nearly as ugly as the Cyclone... :eek:

NINFINGER is back up, BTW. He must have been adding some links.

He now has Custom Rockets web site listed.

Craig...