PDA

View Full Version : Smithsonian

SEL
06-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi,

I posted this to the OldRockets group, but I thought I'd try here as well.
Does anyone know if the Air and Space museum still has a model rocketry exhibit, and if yes, where it is? I'm heading to DC tomorrow and would like to ckeck it out. Last time I was there (last year) it was not in the main building as far as I could tell.

Thanks,

Sean

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Air and Space museum still has a model rocketry exhibit, and if yes, where it is? I'm heading to DC tomorrow and would like to ckeck it out. Last time I was there (last year) it was not in the main building as far as I could tell.

Thanks,

Sean

If it's there, I didn't see it, and we covered that building pretty well stem to stern. Call the Smithsonian when you arrive. Someone there should be able to tell you.

SEL
06-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks,

Sean

Well, I didn't find a MR display, but I did get a lot of good photo's. The only MR related things were Dave Gianacos's (SP) beautiful Saturn V's, and a picture from Life magazine. (see attached).

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-19-2005, 09:14 PM
These are from my (post-NARCON) March visit with Sam's 8th grade class. (While we were doing the Smithsonian, some of the moms on the trip took the girls to a nearby mall instead.) No models, but several cool shots of actual spacecraft.

Ltvscout
06-20-2005, 12:08 AM
These are from my (post-NARCON) March visit with Sam's 8th grade class. (While we were doing the Smithsonian, some of the moms on the trip took the girls to a nearby mall instead.) No models, but several cool shots of actual spacecraft.
What the??? They have an LTV Scout in there? I'm going to have to get my arse out there!

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-20-2005, 12:21 AM
I tried to bring it back for you, but they noticed the bulge under my jacket. :D