PDA

View Full Version : Moldin' Oldies Site Updated

Ltvscout
06-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Mike Schmidt's Moldin' Oldies website has been updated. Moldin' Oldies sells cast resin reproduction parts for Centuri and Estes kits. Many of these parts can't be easily cloned.

Among the many updates on the new website, you'll find many more Estes parts now available.

Check it out at http://moldinoldies.rocketshoppe.com

rmmcdaniell
06-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Very Nice!

It might be useful to note on that page that:

The "argosy" nosecone was orginally a Centuri mold used on the spacemaster.

The "Manta Bomber" cone was also orginally a Centuri mold used for the Python Fighters...BTW does anyone have plans for the Python Fighter?? I'd love to build that one.

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Very Nice!

The "argosy" nosecone was orginally a Centuri mold used on the spacemaster.

One of the ugliest color groupings ever to grace a rocket. Gold, red, white and blue. Was someone trying to send a message? Must have worked because these rarely, if ever, pop up on Ebay or as built kits. I cloned a Spacemaster using the Argosy as a cone donor, mostly because I was excited to find that another kit used the Satellite Interceptor plans. I had only seen it as a black and white picture before that. When I saw the paint and decal plans later, I couldn't bring myself to paint my copy.

rmmcdaniell
06-18-2005, 12:30 PM
One of the ugliest color groupings ever to grace a rocket. Gold, red, white and blue. Was someone trying to send a message? Must have worked because these rarely, if ever, pop up on Ebay or as built kits.

Actually, that one is in my near-future projects list as soon as I get finished with other stuff. I like the way it looks in the JimZ cutout.

I cloned a Spacemaster using the Argosy as a cone donor, mostly because I was excited to find that another kit used the Satellite Interceptor plans. I had only seen it as a black and white picture before that. When I saw the paint and decal plans later, I couldn't bring myself to paint my copy.
<P>
You are so rigid with painting the manufacturer’s suggested scheme that you won’t paint it something more to your liking? Especially since you seem to like the design.

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-18-2005, 01:34 PM
<P>
You are so rigid with painting the manufacturer’s suggested scheme that you won’t paint it something more to your liking? Especially since you seem to like the design.

Yes. :cool:

I could work around the gold, but that red fin......