PDA

View Full Version : Estes Space Shuttle Nosecone

Green Dragon
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I was given a boxfull of 'old rockets' yesterday by a guy at my church ( way cool :), never happened to me before, might have to get the word out more, lol .... )

Anyways, not a real vintage lot, couple porta-pads, early blue electron beam control , early 90's stuff like the Manta E2X, unbuilt ARV COndor, an Alpha ( should I send it on up, Phred ? brush painted and all, liek you collect :D , a 2 stage Magnum , unfortunately missing the clear payload. couple paks of B6-4, etc.

ANyways, best item(s) are a pair of # 1385 Space Shuttle kits - both partially built.

it appears maybe # 1 was part built and the nosecone came up MIA, it's 90% done ( with some damage from storage),but missing the nosecone ( has the 'shrouds' that were part of the nosecone molding ).
Second kit appears complete with only the fins / wings glued up..

I'd like to find a cone so I can build up the half built one and save the other for future 'needs' ... so .,....

ANyone have one of these laying around from a mishap or ??

if I can't find one, might have to try pulling a mold, but my efforts have been so-so ( with much help from Mike @ Moldin Oldies, hopefully he'll return soon :).

LMK ?

~ AL

Phred
10-15-2007, 01:21 PM
(Head swivels around...) An ALPHA?

PM'ed you...

Phred

Veracity
10-31-2007, 11:05 PM
Mr Dragon,

I have a Shuttle cone. If you ever expect to see it alive again, you'll contact me and offer me something really cool like a nice PNC-80 in trade.

Do not attempt to contact the police. They don't have rocket parts.

I have a garbage can and I am not afraid to use it.

V :cool: