PDA

View Full Version : Help with V2 project.

Race58
07-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Does anybody know the pattern/scheme for the tail/fin's for the "Operation Sandy" version of the V2 that was launched off the aircraft carrier "Midway" on 6 Sept 1947??

I have seen pictures of the launch and I know that the fins were blk & wht but I can't find a good source to see the correct pattern. All I can find is the front view of the launch and the back view but no side views.

NJNike
08-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm unfamiliar with Operation Sandy but a quick Google search led me to this page:

http://www.midwaysailor.com/midway1940/opsandy.html

It looks to have a decent number of pictures and probably enough to figure out each side. Hope this helps and I'm not just showing you something you've already seen.

Race58
08-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Yes I already have but thanks for the effort anyway.I'm unfamiliar with Operation Sandy but a quick Google search led me to this page:

http://www.midwaysailor.com/midway1940/opsandy.html

It looks to have a decent number of pictures and probably enough to figure out each side. Hope this helps and I'm not just showing you something you've already seen.

gpoehlein
01-07-2012, 07:56 AM
I know this is an old thread and that Race found enough info to build his Operation Sandy V2, but I thought I'd post some of the other research materials that I found since then. The first is a marvelous video that I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJi8Ym1ADMQ

This one is partially in color and thus confirms the color scheme of this particular V2. It's a really interesting video. I went through it and managed to get a few key stills from it - some of these are a bit dark, but they do show some nice details and help to establish the color scheme.

Greg

gpoehlein
01-07-2012, 08:02 AM
The rest of the stills I got out of the video. The last one is 7 and 8 combined (it was a pan shot), hence the odd change in brightness halfway down. 9 is a great shot of rocket ignition.

Greg

sandman
01-07-2012, 09:51 AM
I have the decals but have not had many requests for it.

gpoehlein
01-07-2012, 11:24 AM
I see those are the BT-80 version - do you also have them for BT-55? I'm wanting to build both sizes. Also, how much are they?

Greg

sandman
01-07-2012, 11:34 AM
I see those are the BT-80 version - do you also have them for BT-55? I'm wanting to build both sizes. Also, how much are they?

Greg

I have them for the BT-80 (without the additional black and red stripes) for $14.00 with the extra black and red strips it's $28.00 (full sheet!)

The BT-55 and BT-60 versions are $14 each and include the stripes.

Oh, yea...and $5 shipping for as many decals as you want.

jharding58
01-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh, yea...and $5 shipping for as many decals as you want.

He really means that. Try him, order twenty decals...

sandman
01-07-2012, 01:38 PM
He really means that. Try him, order twenty decals...

I think the most I can do is 40 sheet into a Priority Mail envelope. :rolleyes: