PDA

View Full Version : Bill's Ankle

Tau Zero
08-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Hijacked from the "Keep Emma in your thoughts" thread:

And on a completely different medical front, I may have broken my ankle last night, so I may get to visit my old pals at the hospital today, also. :eek: :mad:
So Bill, how did it go? As my parents would say, are you still "gimping" around this week? (Personally, I'd just ask if you got aluminum crutches to swat people when they ask you smart-aleck questions, but since I'm probably within range of your swing, I won't bother. ;) :eek: )

Cheers,

--Jay

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-19-2005, 01:57 AM
I'm walking on it, but I'm still not convinced that it isn't broken. I COULD go to the doctor and find out definitively, but I've been a little busy lately. This is the longest that the swelling and pain have persisted, so a trip to the doc is in the future. I didn't miss any work because of it, so that's something. I'd really rather not miss the QUARK launch this weekend either, but I'm not sure I can get my foot in my boot.
As for crutches, I have a pair that I've been using since March of 1980. I think they're antiques by now. No telling how many times my friends or I have used them, but they've seen a lot less use since we quit playing softball. :( Apparently playing poker is just as dangerous. :eek:

JRThro
08-25-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm walking on it, but I'm still not convinced that it isn't broken. I COULD go to the doctor and find out definitively, but I've been a little busy lately. This is the longest that the swelling and pain have persisted, so a trip to the doc is in the future. I didn't miss any work because of it, so that's something. I'd really rather not miss the QUARK launch this weekend either, but I'm not sure I can get my foot in my boot.
As for crutches, I have a pair that I've been using since March of 1980. I think they're antiques by now. No telling how many times my friends or I have used them, but they've seen a lot less use since we quit playing softball. :( Apparently playing poker is just as dangerous. :eek:Um, okay, I have to ask. How does one break, or even sprain, his ankle while playing poker?

CPMcGraw
08-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Um, okay, I have to ask. How does one break, or even sprain, his ankle while playing poker?

Jumping out of his chair and running when everyone else realizes he has five aces? :eek: :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-25-2005, 01:53 PM
I was walking across the street and stepped on the edge of a sewer lid where some of the asphalt was missing. It happened after the game, but what's funny about that? At least saying I broke it playing cards causes a few double takes. ;)
Right now is the worst part of the day for it, just after I wake up.