PDA

View Full Version : PD Rocketry Thor Agena B Clone

ghrocketman
09-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Looks like PD Rocketry is now offering a Thor-Agena B Clone kit.
There is one now on ebay, but he does not have it up on the PDR website yet.
Looks like a good one; I know I'm buying one.

Ltvscout
09-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Looks like PD Rocketry is now offering a Thor-Agena B Clone kit.
There is one now on ebay, but he does not have it up on the PDR website yet.
Looks like a good one; I know I'm buying one.
Yes, I just saw this and sent a message to him. I asked him if it was a "true" clone with the top tube being a BT-52. If so, he's having those tubes made for himself since none of the "normal" suppliers carries that size. Unless maybe Semroc has recently started carrying it.

Ltvscout
09-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Eric just got back to me. He's using BT-50, not BT-52 in that kit.

dwmzmm
09-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Eric just got back to me. He's using BT-50, not BT-52 in that kit.

Couldn't one just use the BT-50 and build it up with a sheet of paper until it has the thickness
of a BT-52?

Royatl
09-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Yes, I just saw this and sent a message to him. I asked him if it was a "true" clone with the top tube being a BT-52. If so, he's having those tubes made for himself since none of the "normal" suppliers carries that size. Unless maybe Semroc has recently started carrying it.

BMS does sell BT-52. I bought a tube at NARAM and have used it to build two new SPEVs.
It may be 0.01" off, but I'm not certain as I'm comparing it to my existing SPEV, which has been sealed, painted, and wrapped with a piece of chrome mylar. The tube does fit my BA-6052 adapter from my old semi-scale Saturn V (or is that BA-5260?).

Ltvscout
09-27-2005, 07:43 AM
BMS does sell BT-52. I bought a tube at NARAM and have used it to build two new SPEVs.
It may be 0.01" off, but I'm not certain as I'm comparing it to my existing SPEV, which has been sealed, painted, and wrapped with a piece of chrome mylar. The tube does fit my BA-6052 adapter from my old semi-scale Saturn V (or is that BA-5260?).
Interesting. Thanks, Roy.

I was wrong on the size tube Eric is using. It sounds like he's using an ST-10. ID of 1.000 and OD of 1.040. I'll let him know about BMS.

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Interesting. Thanks, Roy.

I was wrong on the size tube Eric is using. It sounds like he's using an ST-10. ID of 1.000 and OD of 1.040. I'll let him know about BMS.

That's what I used on my SPEV clone.