PDA

View Full Version : OBAMA RACIALLY MOCKED on Turkish TV, reporter wears BLACKFACE to mock 'Mr. Change'

lurker01
04-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Folks,

You have elected a FOOL for a president and the REST of the world gets it even though you don't :(

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=da8_1239137290

What a mess we have in this nation ... and personally I don't care. I am working to get the hell out of this backward 2nd world nation formerly known as the United States of America ...

What a joke of a nation you people have allowed to form ... what a joke. If it weren't for our Nukes, the world WOULD be attacking us and WINNING! We are too dumb to even defend our own streets and neighborhoods.

So much for the GREAT ENLIGHTENMENT of the 1960s ... hippies and beatniks just turned America in a 'Clockwork Orange' nation.

Bob and mad as hell!

Der Red Max
04-08-2009, 05:56 PM
What a mess we have in this nation ... and personally I don't care. I am working to get the hell out of this backward 2nd world nation formerly known as the United States of America ...
With "Patriots" like you, who needs terrorists?:chuckle:

Boy, if everyone else who hates America would take your lead,
those who love this greatest nation of all time (yes, even greater than Atlantis),
might finally have harmony restored to their land.
"Glory, Glory, Hallelujah..."

BTW, I hear that the Baldwin's have an extra room available at their Canadian Mansion; maybe give them a call.:chuckle:

Royatl
04-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Folks,

You have elected a FOOL for a president and the REST of the world gets it even though you don't :(

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=da8_1239137290

What a joke of a nation you people have allowed to form ... what a joke. If it weren't for our Nukes, the world WOULD be attacking us and WINNING! We are too dumb to even defend our own streets and neighborhoods.

So much for the GREAT ENLIGHTENMENT of the 1960s ... hippies and beatniks just turned America in a 'Clockwork Orange' nation.

Bob and mad as hell!

What the HELL are you taking and/or drinking????!!!!!

Do you know Turkish, or understand Turkish customs?

Take a time out, go read a little, find a turkman and talk to him/her and understand what is going on here.

According to my Turkish friends, being in blackface means that somebody should feel ashamed (humbled) and is not connected to the blackface custom in the US. Comes from the Turkish proverb which is roughly, "They who request something should have a black face, and they who do not comply should have an even darker face."

First, he welcomes Obama, and wishes him respect. Then he apologizes in advance if his gesture is taken the wrong way. It is meant show respect while asking for something, but indicate that he is serious about getting it.

In this case he is asking that Mr. Obama look into the Armenian problem (There have been all sorts of problems between Turks and Armenians for many years), then the Kurdish problem (we heard more about that in recent years), then the EU membership.

Then the heart of the matter is that he is saying that politicians will avoid telling the truth to President Obama while in Turkey. The anchorman says that Muslim terrorists attack inside Turkey, but the country does not renounce Islamic terrorism. The man in many ways is actually espressing anti-Bush sentiments and hope that Obama "turns things around."

Bazookadale
04-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I know this is FreeForAll and just about anything is allowed, but this had what to do with rockets?

Jerry Irvine
04-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I know this is FreeForAll and just about anything is allowed, but this had what to do with rockets?

Nada de la Lurker01, search for it and find nothing. Ethics aside. Bob who? Be specific.

stefanj
04-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Bob has shown some familiarity with rocketry, so it's not like he's showing up here randomly . . . but for the most part he acts like the cranky uncle who shows up at family picnics and raves about whatever stuff he's heard on talk radio.

o1d_dude
04-09-2009, 02:09 AM
In this case he is asking that Mr. Obama look into the Armenian problem (There have been all sorts of problems between Turks and Armenians for many years), then the Kurdish problem (we heard more about that in recent years), then the EU membership.

Emphasis is mine - the quote above is a bit of an understatement.

Most of the world describes the 'problems' between the Turks and Armenians as "genocide". In 1915, over one million Armenians (men, women, and children) died at the hands of the Turks.

Now back to model rocketry: My latest Der Red Max is ready for paint. I followed tbzep's advice and went with the Model Masters Italian Red lacquer ($4.49 for a 3oz rattlecan) for the body. I want that little sucker to GLOW in the dark!

Clear skies.

rosko_racer
04-09-2009, 07:02 AM
... there is a "lurking" buzz sound around here... like a mosquito. Where is the swatter when you need it?..

"...Now back to model rocketry: My latest Der Red Max is ready for paint. I followed tbzep's advice and went with the Model Masters Italian Red lacquer ($4.49 for a 3oz rattlecan) for the body. I want that little sucker to GLOW in the dark!

Clear skies.

The Red Max, an old childhood favorite of mine but have not added it to my building Q yet. Although I built a Custom Galileo and added a "Der Red Max" touch to it. I named it "Der Red Galileo". Printed the decals myself.

o1d_dude, post pictures and lets turn this thread in the right direction

JRThro
04-09-2009, 07:59 AM
The Red Max, an old childhood favorite of mine but have not added it to my building Q yet. Although I built a Custom Galileo and added a "Der Red Max" touch to it. I named it "Der Red Galileo". Printed the decals myself.

Cool paint job and decals, Raul!

JRThro
04-09-2009, 08:00 AM
What the HELL are you taking and/or drinking????!!!!!

Do you know Turkish, or understand Turkish customs?

Take a time out, go read a little, find a turkman and talk to him/her and understand what is going on here.

According to my Turkish friends, being in blackface means that somebody should feel ashamed (humbled) and is not connected to the blackface custom in the US. Comes from the Turkish proverb which is roughly, "They who request something should have a black face, and they who do not comply should have an even darker face."

First, he welcomes Obama, and wishes him respect. Then he apologizes in advance if his gesture is taken the wrong way. It is meant show respect while asking for something, but indicate that he is serious about getting it.

Then the heart of the matter is that he is saying that politicians will avoid telling the truth to President Obama while in Turkey. The anchorman says that Muslim terrorists attack inside Turkey, but the country does not renounce Islamic terrorism. The man in many ways is actually espressing anti-Bush sentiments and hope that Obama "turns things around."
Thanks for the clarifications, Roy!

tbzep
04-09-2009, 08:00 AM

Most of the world describes the 'problems' between the Turks and Armenians as "genocide". In 1915, over one million Armenians (men, women, and children) died at the hands of the Turks.

Now back to model rocketry: My latest Der Red Max is ready for paint. I followed tbzep's advice and went with the Model Masters Italian Red lacquer ($4.49 for a 3oz rattlecan) for the body. I want that little sucker to GLOW in the dark!

Clear skies.

Give it a base coat of white to really give it a bright color. It looks average inside, but outside, you need your shades. :cool:

UMRS
04-09-2009, 08:03 AM
... there is a "lurking" buzz sound around here... like a mosquito. Where is the swatter when you need it?..

Now that is awesome !!

Royatl
04-09-2009, 09:01 AM

Clear skies.

yes, it was meant as an understatement.

lurker01
04-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Group,

I want to apologize for my Obama postings. Not the content but for the way I responded. I was in a particularly excited state when I made the postings …

I had just got of the phone with my Granddaughter and Grandson who live in Tracy California. My Grandson was Classmates with the now dead 8 year old little girl, Sandra Cantu, whose body was found crammed into a suitcase a few days ago.

They were both crying and frankly, I was too for the world they will inherit will be far more evil than even what we are experiencing at this moment in time.

So, I have decided to take a vacation from forums for a while, and to decompress. Much of what I see happening to America is far beyond my control, yet does have a direct impact upon my life and for this reason my frustrations are elevated to one of a ‘passive aggressive’ nature; America is changing and I with it and it frightens me.

Take care, have fun talking about the good ole days of innocence and model rocketry. I will be back someday, but now I have to figure out a few things.

Bob

Gus
04-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Group,

I want to apologize for my Obama postings. Not the content but for the way I responded. I was in a particularly excited state when I made the postings …

I had just got of the phone with my Granddaughter and Grandson who live in Tracy California. My Grandson was Classmates with the now dead 8 year old little girl, Sandra Cantu, whose body was found crammed into a suitcase a few days ago.

They were both crying and frankly, I was too for the world they will inherit will be far more evil than even what we are experiencing at this moment in time.

So, I have decided to take a vacation from forums for a while, and to decompress. Much of what I see happening to America is far beyond my control, yet does have a direct impact upon my life and for this reason my frustrations are elevated to one of a ‘passive aggressive’ nature; America is changing and I with it and it frightens me.

Take care, have fun talking about the good ole days of innocence and model rocketry. I will be back someday, but now I have to figure out a few things.

Bob
Bob,

Best of luck figuring things out.

Please don't forget how much some of us here REALLY appreciate your rocketry knowledge. This is, first and foremost, a forum about old rockets and there are very few here with your background and understanding of kit collecting. I was really excited when you started posting here and hope you'll return soon to talk rockets (and space science) with us.

Steve

o1d_dude
04-09-2009, 11:57 AM
What Lurker01 said about the tragedy involving Sandra Cantu. I live about an hour away from Tracy and it's been all over the news from the get go and didn't end well.

Bob, I'm truly sorry to hear your grandkids had a front row seat in watching this unfold.

Take the vacation and decompress but do come back. We may not be family but we're all friends here and we all fly rockets into the same sky.

SEL
04-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Group,

Bob

Bob (and Group),

I also want to most humbly apologize for my reaction to one of Bob's posts. I wasn't having a geat day either (I'll spare you the details, but if my doctor is a compasionate man he'll refill my prescription today :) ) though not anywhere near as bad as your's, Bob.
The post was in the Free For All section, where it blonged, and I should have passed over it.

Sean

And now, back to rockets:

Sheri
04-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Just Curious, but this whole forum is for Off-Topic discussions-Free for all, so why is it not OK to talk about an issue that is not rocketry related?

Bazookadale
04-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Just Curious, but this whole forum is for Off-Topic discussions-Free for all, so why is it not OK to talk about an issue that is not rocketry related?

It's fine - I had a bad day at work and this guy just ticks me off

Mikus
04-10-2009, 12:00 PM

Mostly for the offensiveness factor. Previously it was just annoying, this one crosses the line.

Y'all continue the joy of reading his positings if you like. Personally, I'm done with the guy. :cool:

shockwaveriderz
04-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Nada de la Lurker01, search for it and find nothing. Ethics aside. Bob who? Be specific.

http://www.nasm.si.edu/ceps/staff/rcraddock.cfm

Jerry, surely you remember Bob from his dayz on RMR?

He published "The Last Interview" with GHS in LAUNCH a few years back; Also published Mr. Estes goes to Washington in Air/Space magazine?

Its my understanding that 10-15 years ago he was supposed to write a book on model rocketry titled Red Glare that never made it into print. He interviewed most of the people: Vern Estes, Lee Piester,etc

He's also a Curator at the Smithsonian so he is the gate keeper for the GHS model rocketry collection etc.

Here's a past blurb about his book:

History of American Model Rocketry

On October 4, 1957, the Soviet Union launched the world's first artificial satellite. Suddenly, the United States had its back against the wall to prove that her system of government was superior. As a result, the Space Race was born. The excitement of watching a manned launch on television or seeing a satellite orbit overhead electrified the country. This adventure was especially appealing to young boys, who had access to the necessary materials for making their own rockets through the back pages of popular magazines. Black powder and match heads were very good at launching homemade missiles, but often times these projects ended in disaster. Thousands of youngsters lost
a finger or an eye from these "basement bombs." Many lost their lives.

The solution was the "rock-a-chute" invented by Orville Carlise. This "model missile" was capable of flying hundreds of feet into the air and deploying a parachute for safe recovery. The key to this invention, however, was the model rocket motor. The assembly and reliability of this device was perfected by Vern Estes, who later founded Estes Industries. Although dozens of entrepreneurs began their own model rocket companies, Lee and Betty Piester's Centuri Engineering was the most successful at competing directly with Estes Industries.

A forthcoming Smithsonian book, "Red Glare," will trace the history and technology of model rocketry in America. This book will be based on over a hundred hours of taped interviews with model rocket inventors, designers, engineers, sales people, and professionals who worked to make model rocketry the world's safest hobby.

terry dean

Mikus
04-10-2009, 12:40 PM

No kidding, same guy? What a waste. :(

The ex-geology student in me would love to hear more... about his work. Man.... :(

Ltvscout
04-10-2009, 12:41 PM

He published "The Last Interview" with GHS in LAUNCH a few years back; Also published Mr. Estes goes to Washington in Air/Space magazine?

Its my understanding that 10-15 years ago he was supposed to write a book on model rocketry titled Red Glare that never made it into print. He interviewed most of the people: Vern Estes, Lee Piester,etc

He's also a Curator at the Smithsonian so he is the gate keeper for the GHS model rocketry collection etc.

Terry,

Are you sure it's Bob Craddock? Kurt Schachner and I were discussing this a few months back since my guess was Lurker01 was Craddock. Kurt is a friend of his and didn't seem to think it was him.

tbzep
04-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Terry,

Are you sure it's Bob Craddock? Kurt Schachner and I were discussing this a few months back since my guess was Lurker01 was Craddock. Kurt is a friend of his and didn't seem to think it was him.

As the admin, you should be able to see IP's. Did you ever try to see if the IP was in the general location that B.C. is supposed to live/work?

Der Red Max
04-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Is Bob Craddock & Shrox one and the same? :confused:
http://www.nasm.si.edu/ceps/staff/pics/rcraddock_150h.jpghttp://images.vimeo.com/11/28/67/112867675/112867675_75.jpg

SEL
04-10-2009, 01:17 PM
http://www.nasm.si.edu/ceps/staff/pics/rcraddock_150h.jpghttp://images.vimeo.com/11/28/67/112867675/112867675_75.jpg

Ok, I fess up - i'ts really me!!

S.

barone
04-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Mostly for the offensiveness factor. Previously it was just annoying, this one crosses the line.

Y'all continue the joy of reading his positings if you like. Personally, I'm done with the guy. :cool:
WOW....I didn't know you could do that!.......So, does it like ignore all the post, just the threads, or just PMs?

tbzep
04-10-2009, 01:42 PM
WOW....I didn't know you could do that!.......So, does it like ignore all the post, just the threads, or just PMs?

For most boards, it blocks posts by the person, but doesn't block quotes in replies by others. Never used it here, so I don't know how this one works.

Ltvscout
04-10-2009, 02:04 PM
As the admin, you should be able to see IP's. Did you ever try to see if the IP was in the general location that B.C. is supposed to live/work?
His IP belongs to Cox Communications. His TZ is set to Mountain Time.

JRThro
04-10-2009, 02:50 PM
No, Shrox is Doug Shrock.

Der Red Max
04-10-2009, 06:16 PM
No, Shrox is Doug Shrock.
Yes, it was a joke; they both sport the same coif.
Now we know, in fact, that they're both actually SEL. (This too is a joke);)

shockwaveriderz
04-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Terry,

Maybe it's Bob Craddock's evil twin?

as far as I know, it's Bob Craddock... or somebody impersonating Bob Craddock.

terry dean

kurtschachner
04-14-2009, 02:47 PM
I really don't know where you got the idea that lurker01 is Bob Craddock, but it is not.

Rocketflyer
04-14-2009, 04:19 PM
I really don't know where you got the idea that lurker01 is Bob Craddock, but it is not.

Okayyyy, (best Gary Moore voice), "Will the Real Bob Craddock, Shrox, Sel, et al, Please Stand Up?" :chuckle:

JRThro
04-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Yes, it was a joke; they both sport the same coif.
Now we know, in fact, that they're both actually SEL. (This too is a joke);)
Hey, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm a hermit with no sense of humor.
;)