PDA

View Full Version : Composite Systems? Impulse Dynamics?

lawndart
04-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Anyone have information on these two motor manufacturers? Both had TRA certified motors. I'm looking for history and photos for my website - http://www.dalesrocketrypages.info

dwmzmm
04-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Is Composite Systems the same as Composite Dynamics? I still have a small handful of
the Composite Dynamics E & F engines (made in the early 1980's) among my collection of OOP motors; I just might give one of them a "spin" one day as part of the NAR OOP motor
testing program :D .

lawndart
04-12-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't think that CS is the same as CD (either Composite Distribution or Composite Dynamics, both of which involved Jerry Irvine), since the certification lists also have USR motors listed. Plus CS didn't have a wide range of motors listed, while the other companies have a much longer list of motors.

I'd love to have some photos of your CD motors (and anything else in your collection that you'd be willing to share).

dwmzmm
04-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't think that CS is the same as CD (either Composite Distribution or Composite Dynamics, both of which involved Jerry Irvine), since the certification lists also have USR motors listed. Plus CS didn't have a wide range of motors listed, while the other companies have a much longer list of motors.

I'd love to have some photos of your CD motors (and anything else in your collection that you'd be willing to share).

Ok, I'll see if I can find them and maybe take some pics; after I made my previous post, I remembered that I did try to launch my Estes Blue Ninja last year on one of my Composite
Dynamics Pro-Jet E20 (I think, will have the check the engine code). Probably due to my
adding too much "charge" to the igniter, the engine exploded like a bomb, so loud that my
ears were still ringing 45 minutes afterwards. I may have some pics of that flight attempt,
taken at Challenger 498's launch site in Needville, TX. Flight attempt was on 9/27/08.