PDA

View Full Version : QUEST Q2G2 "Long" Igniters Now Shipping

Old Rocketeer "II"
11-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Good news!

The new "long" Q2G2 igniters are now shipping.

They are 8 inches long and just as reliable as their shorter brother...

Order yours today!

http://www.questaerospace.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=7025&eq=&Tp=

snaquin
11-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Good news!

The new "long" Q2G2 igniters are now shipping.

They are 8 inches long and just as reliable as their shorter brother...

Order yours today!

http://www.questaerospace.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=7025&eq=&Tp=

Thanks! I put an order in tonight for four packs.

:)

BEC
11-18-2009, 10:18 PM
There will be some on my next Quest order as well....since I recently took delivery of my very first composite motors from Valurockets.com. With the long Q2G2s I'll be able to use my existing ground support equipment unmodified (well, not further modified).

Thanks!

GregGleason
11-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Way to go, Quest Aerospace!

I think these igniters might wind up being the "gold standard" for LPR and MPR igniters, especially for composite motors. They will probably find there way into a lot of range boxes next year.

Greg

Mikus
11-19-2009, 08:27 AM
There will be some on my next Quest order as well....since I recently took delivery of my very first composite motors from Valurockets.com. With the long Q2G2s I'll be able to use my existing ground support equipment unmodified (well, not further modified).

Thanks!

Take a BIC lighter to the non-business end of the Copperheads and the binder between the two copper strips will melt. Pull the now-copper leads further apart and hook up your clips.

Save the awesome Quest initiators for when you have initiator-problems or burn the Copperhead w/out lighting the motor. ;)

hotrod lincoln
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I've been using these ignitors on small Composites for a while now. Also as an ejection charge lighter when used with a MAWD.

Now with the long leads this means I don't have to sit around adding 30ga. extensions the nite before launch!

Way to go QUEST!

. :D

nvrocketeer
11-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Woo-Hoo! Congratulations! We've been very pleased with the reliability and operation of the Q2G2s, and I look forward to picking up some of the long ones for my composite motors and to support my lazy habits for clustering!

BEC
11-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Take a BIC lighter to the non-business end of the Copperheads and the binder between the two copper strips will melt. Pull the now-copper leads further apart and hook up your clips.

Save the awesome Quest initiators for when you have initiator-problems or burn the Copperhead w/out lighting the motor. ;)

Thanks for that. When I set myself up with a 12V system again, I'll definitely want to use that trick.