PDA

View Full Version : Forum

CaninoBD
03-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Scott,

I guess you already know the forum was down last night with a database error. It is back now, but it seems like you missing a config file. Getting some messages such as "Could not find phrase 'badlogin'." and some for () messages when posting.

CPMcGraw
03-10-2010, 10:51 AM
I got the same type of error message here. "Could not find phrase "login""...

At least it's up... :D

Doug Sams
03-10-2010, 11:20 AM
I guess you already know the forum was down last night with a database error. It is back now, but it seems like you missing a config file. Getting some messages such as "Could not find phrase 'badlogin'." and some for () messages when posting.Scott posted elsewhere that his host company had promised that they'd restore things just as before. My interpretation of the various 'badlogin' type messages I'm seeing is that Scott is thinking his host company is full of $#it :D That is, it ain't restored just like it was before, thanks to bad IT administration on the part of the host. There are proper ways of moving things to a new server. This looks more like it was done by a bunch of 15yo neo-hacks. They're supposed to tell you in advance, then do it in minimial time, during off-peak hours. Not in the middle of the day. And not have you off-line for 12+ hours.

I'm sure Scott will remember this when it's time to re-up his host agreement.

Doug

Royatl
03-10-2010, 11:59 AM
There's still some hiccups when posting a message or reply...

Mark II
03-10-2010, 03:30 PM
I got some error messages that came up for about 2 or 3 seconds when I hit "Submit Reply" for my most recent post, but then everything came back up normally. A hiccup, but not fatal.

EDIT: Bang! Happened again!

MarkII

Doug Sams
03-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I got some error messages that came up for about 2 or 3 seconds when I hit "Submit Reply" for my most recent post, but then everything came back up normally. A hiccup, but not fatal.

EDIT: Bang! Happened again!

MarkIII see that too. My take is that the basic vbulletin software package has built-in screens for some of this stuff, and that Scott has added supplemental screens to customize the user interface. And that these supplemental bits did not get restored with the rest of the restore resulting in those messages.

I expect, once Scott gets everything restored, that he'll share a couple of good, hearty rants with us :)

Doug

GregGleason
03-10-2010, 03:57 PM
... I expect, once Scott gets everything restored, that he'll share a couple of good, hearty rants with us :)

I hope so. My guess is that Scott's frustration level with this situation is pretty high. It's these kinds of "fixes and enhancements" that make you crazy.

Cheers to Scott! We applaud your efforts.

Greg

Mark II
03-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Odd thing, though: even while YORF was down, I was still getting email updates. Perhaps they were already in the pipeline when the fiasco struck.

MarkII

Ltvscout
03-10-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm working with Kevin Trojanowski to get the "phrase" errors fixed. The site appears to work, it just pops those errors up.

Ltvscout
03-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I still have not had time to work on fixing the phrase errors. This issue is also preventing you from getting emails from the forum.

There is another problem as well. You can't click on UserCP in the menu bar to get in to change your profile. There's a bug related to this old version of VB I'm running and the new version of MySQL the server is running. I've found a fix for that issue but it's not implemented yet. In the meantime, you can still edit your profile. Click on Quick Links and choose Edit Profile from within there.

Ltvscout
03-19-2010, 04:39 PM
The issue with User CP not working has now been fixed. Now to get the phrases problem fixed and we should be all set.

andrew scott
03-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Happened again!, still some hiccups when posting.:(

Ltvscout
03-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Happened again!, still some hiccups when posting.:(
The missing phrases issue is still there. This causes errors to popup when logging in or out and when posting. It also means no email, or blank email gets sent out when people reply to your posts.

What is fixed is you can now use the User CP link again at the top of the page.