PDA

View Full Version : Estes Ram Jet Upscale **UPDATE**

metlfreak
05-09-2010, 08:09 PM
GOOD LORD! Thats how im going to start this. Its been nearly 7 months since I started this project. a double size upscale of the original ram jet. So far this week I completed the air frame. Everything is pretty much now complete and ready to be finished. I'll have another update with pictures as soon as its complete. For a brief rundown It will launch on Aerotech composite motors. fitted for 24mm. Standard size. I built my own mesh style ejection baffle So I dont have to use wadding. And I have changed the color scheme. You'll see it in the pics :) Not bad progress for a semi retired rocket builder and a cross country move in the middle of the build.

rokitflite
05-10-2010, 02:55 PM
GOOD LORD! Thats how im going to start this. Its been nearly 7 months since I started this project. a double size upscale of the original ram jet. So far this week I completed the air frame. Everything is pretty much now complete and ready to be finished. I'll have another update with pictures as soon as its complete. For a brief rundown It will launch on Aerotech composite motors. fitted for 24mm. Standard size. I built my own mesh style ejection baffle So I dont have to use wadding. And I have changed the color scheme. You'll see it in the pics :) Not bad progress for a semi retired rocket builder and a cross country move in the middle of the build.

I am going to pray for you... That you do not get a "bonus" delay. Pictured is my BT-80 upcale. I loaded it with an E15-4. I got an E15-10. Its first flight, was its last flight. :(

Der Red Max
05-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Ram-Jet vs Scram-Jet
Either he left out the "SC" or you added it in.:)
http://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/estes/est1994@.gifhttp://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/centuri/kf-4@.gif

rokitflite
05-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Well... Mine is orange too. I still pray for no bonus delay!

metlfreak
05-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Its Ram Jet. I would have pics up by now of the progress but my cam is messing up. By the way I hope I dont get the "bonus" delay either......seems to be a common problem with aerotech. I rememer my initiators 2nd and last flight on a E15-4......Only it delayed 9 not 4! It became en expensive lawn dart that imploaded half the air frame. That was the first time I lost a rocket I paid more than $50.00 for. I was quite upset.