PDA

View Full Version : DynaStar LexxJet Launch

Feyd
08-17-2010, 10:37 PM
I held a personal launch this past weekend and sent up a bunch of rockets.

One lost rocket (Sunward Daddy Longlegs) took off on the wind and landed in a farmer's *very* overgrown cow pasture. It's out there undamaged somewhere, just haven't found it yet.

One destroyed rocket - my Quest Future Launch Vehicle modified to be a dual-engine cluster did an end-over-end crash and burn (literally). The ejection charge of the C6-3 blew a hole in the side, melted the parachute into a messy ball, and caught the darned thing on fire!

The highlight though, was I finally got a chance to launch my much-damaged DynaStar LexxJet. Every time I wanted to launch this beautiful rocket I either dropped it or the launch pad blew over and broke off the tail. Once again, I dropped it heading out of the house. One of the elevators (?) broke off the high tail. I glued it back on with Gorilla Glue and it was dry and ready for launch by the time I got to the field.

I sent it up on a C11-3 because I was chicken to use a D12 due to the wind. This beauty went straight up, popped the chute perfectly, and floated down smoothly. What a nice rocket!!!

I was going to try it again on a D12, but wouldn't you know it - the wind blew it off the picnic table bench and broke off one of the wing tips! Arg! It's repaired now and waiting for the Alamo Rocketeers launch this weekend. If the wind is cooperating I'll try a D12.

If I don't drop it again...

Enjoy the launch video of the LexxJet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPn-dIKpoKI)