PDA

View Full Version : Model Rocket Books From Around the World

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Thought I would publish these Book images of Modle Rocket Books From Around the World. Later I will post some .pdf of some of these books. Some might be "duplicates" and I will add more as time allows.

1st up some Russisn Books

enjoy

Terry Dean

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Uk Books

Terry Dean

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Yugoslavia Books

Terry Dean

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Slovenia

Terry Dean

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Poland Books

Terry Dean

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:38 PM
More Polish Model Rocketry Books

Terry Dean

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Itialian

G.Harry Stine Translation

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:42 PM
German Books

Terry Dean

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:42 PM
France

Terry DEan

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Czechoslavakia

Terry Dean

shockwaveriderz
12-29-2010, 03:50 PM
more Russian

Terry Dean

blackshire
12-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Uk Books

Terry DeanI have both editions of Stuart Lodge's "The Model Rocketry Handbook" that he signed for me (and I signed his copy of my book "What if You are a Horse in Human Form?") when we met at the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com in August. Stuart also brought a case full of his model rockets--it was wonderful to be able to hold and inspect his famous Skua and Vertikal scale model rockets that appear in his books!

Gus
01-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Terry,

Thanks for this thread. Really interesting.

I want to add to the list. Pics below are of a truly incredible 3 volume set of Russian model rocketry published in 2006.

Covers of all 3 are similar (volumes 1 and 2 shown below)

Volume 1 deals with aeronautics in intricate detail, page after page of diagrams and equations (3rd pic below).

Volume 2 is a stupendous collection of scale drawings of Russian, U.S. and a variety of foreign rockets and missiles. The drawings are in color, fold-out double sized pages, and are exquisitely detailed. (5th pic below). There are ~30 such drawings in all, mostly of popular competition scale subjects. Rockets of the World is far more comprehensive in terms of the number of rockets covered, but the rockets included in this Russian volume are absolutely incredible in their level of detail.

Volume 3 is a comprehensive treatment of model rocketry construction and flying techniques. Very detailed drawings and equations. Pic 1 below is a schematic included in this volume of how to build a European style piston launcher.

Overall, the 3 volume set is like a combination of the works of Mandel, Stine, and Alway. Truly amazing piece of work.

shockwaveriderz
01-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Terry,

Thanks for this thread. Really interesting.

I want to add to the list. Pics below are of a truly incredible 3 volume set of Russian model rocketry published in 2006.

Covers of all 3 are similar (volumes 1 and 2 shown below)

Volume 1 deals with aeronautics in intricate detail, page after page of diagrams and equations (3rd pic below).

Volume 2 is a stupendous collection of scale drawings of Russian, U.S. and a variety of foreign rockets and missiles. The drawings are in color, fold-out double sized pages, and are exquisitely detailed. (5th pic below). There are ~30 such drawings in all, mostly of popular competition scale subjects. Rockets of the World is far more comprehensive in terms of the number of rockets covered, but the rockets included in this Russian volume are absolutely incredible in their level of detail.

Volume 3 is a comprehensive treatment of model rocketry construction and flying techniques. Very detailed drawings and equations. Pic 1 below is a schematic included in this volume of how to build a European style piston launcher.

Overall, the 3 volume set is like a combination of the works of Mandel, Stine, and Alway. Truly amazing piece of work.

Gus, thanks for interest. I have this 3 volume set as .pdf. Yes it typical of russian
completeness.

They are available here:

http://www.frms.ru/images/stories/frms/minakov_book/ssmr_1.pdf
http://www.frms.ru/images/stories/frms/minakov_book/ssmr_2.pdf
http://www.frms.ru/images/stories/frms/minakov_book/ssmr_3.pdf

I wish I had some way to purchase a lot of these books. Some are available online from online stores but none are in English(of course) and I would be very hesitant to type in my credit/debit card number on a russian or east euro site. Oh well, a person can dream.

Terry Dean

Gus
01-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Another German language book. Although the title in German is "Handbook of Model Rocketry" and the book is written by G. Harry Stine, it's actually a German translation of his "Model Rocketry Manual".

Bill
01-01-2011, 04:15 PM
I wish I had some way to purchase a lot of these books. Some are available online from online stores but none are in English(of course) and I would be very hesitant to type in my credit/debit card number on a russian or east euro site. Oh well, a person can dream.

A good approach is to purchase a prepaid debit card with just enough money to cover the cost of the book and shipping. That will limit your financial exposure to the minimum necessary to complete the transaction.

Bill

Gus
01-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Gus, thanks for interest. I have this 3 volume set as .pdf. Yes it typical of russian
completeness.

Terry,

Wow! The photos in the PDF version are way clearer than the print version.

I got my copy as a gift from a Russian competitor at WSMC. I don't know what Vladmir Minakov looks like but it may have been he who gave me the books.

Oliver
02-07-2011, 10:36 AM
One is missing but it is very new - the new one from Stuart Lodge. I published a news release recently:

http://www.europerocketry.com/index.php?id=rocketnewsdetails&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=201&cHash=72d8a6a0e74ab7406419ff6bb9024109

(sorry for the long URL)

Oliver

blackshire
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
One is missing but it is very new - the new one from Stuart Lodge. I published a news release recently:

http://www.europerocketry.com/index.php?id=rocketnewsdetails&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=201&cHash=72d8a6a0e74ab7406419ff6bb9024109

(sorry for the long URL)

OliverThank you for the heads-up on this, Oliver! I had the pleasure of meeting Stuart in England last August. I'm going to order a copy of his latest book. Also, I noticed that the listing on the European Model Rocketry web site for G. Harry Stine's "Handbook of Model Rocketry" (see: http://www.europerocketry.com/index.php?id=314&PHPSESSID=scm4l87lu6041hgl6uduh0oql7 ) shows the 1994 6th Edition rather than the current 7th Edition (published in 2004, if memory serves).

Oliver
02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Yes, order your copy, the book is great! Stuart sent me a preview copy 2 weeks ago, I enjoyed it a lot. It has a lot of illustrations and photos and it´s worth the money! I guess it is still not available (haven´t seen it at Amazon yet), but I´m sure it show up soon.

Oh yes, I should replace the picture! Thanks for mention it!

Oliver

blackshire
02-08-2011, 02:16 AM
Yes, order your copy, the book is great! Stuart sent me a preview copy 2 weeks ago, I enjoyed it a lot. It has a lot of illustrations and photos and it´s worth the money! I guess it is still not available (haven´t seen it at Amazon yet), but I´m sure it show up soon.Yep, the Amazon page the book link led to was a "404" ("Page Not Found")--hopefully they'll put it back up soon.Oh yes, I should replace the picture! Thanks for mention it!

OliverYou're welcome.

Oliver
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Yep, the Amazon page the book link led to was a "404" ("Page Not Found")--hopefully they'll put it back up soon.You're welcome.

Yes, it ususally takes a few weeks until Amazon will list it. The book came from the printers before christmas, so it will take a while to feed all the book databases. But it will show up sooner or later for sure ;)

Unfortunatly my scanner is out of order so I couldn´t post a larger cover at the moment. The small scan on my site is directly from Traplet.