PDA

View Full Version : Kit plans we all need...

CPMcGraw
05-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm in the process of updating the Expanded Estes Kit List, and I've put together a short list of those kits we really need plan scans for.

These represent kits that were in the catalog before the year 2000. I've drawn an arbitrary line at that point...

If you see a kit on this list that you know you have already sent in to Scott, please let me know so I can take it off this list, and make the appropriate entry in the master kit list.

Thanks.

5 Apogee
54 Saros
1254 Saros
TK-44 Birdie
0871 Vector
0876 Micron
0878 Scout III
0885 Sprite
EK-25 Alpha II
1203 Alpha II
1298 X-Wing Fighter
1326 Colossus
1330 Challenger II
1333 Scorpion
1337 Space Shuttle Orbiter
1356 Astro Bee
1915 Harpoon
1943 Magician
1945 Searcher
1950 Echo
1952 Halley's Tail
1954 Starbird
1956 Blazer
1959 Scout II
1979 Clipper
1984 Phaser
1986 Reliant
1992 Dasher
2040 Stinger
2041 Menace
2046 Surveyor
2055 White Tiger
2060 Bandit
2061 Rampage
2062 Dagger
2063 Mars Snooper
2064 Impulse
2073 Astro-Blaster
2076 Pegasus
2078 Omloid
2083 Terrier/Sandhawk
2085 Jayhawk
2092 Mongoose
2102 TIE Fighter
2103 X-wing Fighter
2104 R2-D2
2113 Starbase Starcruiser
2115 SR-X
2116 Sweet Vee R/C Rocket Glider
2122 Intruder
2142 R2-D2
2144 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
2150 Rattler-7

John Brohm
05-08-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm in the process of updating the Expanded Estes Kit List, and I've put together a short list of those kits we really need plan scans for.

These represent kits that were in the catalog before the year 2000. I've drawn an arbitrary line at that point...

If you see a kit on this list that you know you have already sent in to Scott, please let me know so I can take it off this list, and make the appropriate entry in the master kit list.

Thanks.

Hi Craig;

I think I may have already sent Scott the Echo (#1950) and when I get home from my current trip, I'll be sending him the Jayhawk (#2085).

CPMcGraw
05-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks, John.

John Brohm
05-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks, John.

I see a few more on the list I can do as well. I'll update you once I get home.

barone
05-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Craig,

I've already scanned the Scout III plans. I thought I already sent them. If not, I'll send them this time :) .

Don
NAR 53455

CPMcGraw
05-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks again, guys. Scott said he has an update in the works, and if you've sent them in already, he's probably got them in his queue.

PaulK
05-08-2006, 09:40 PM

Thanks for keeping this list updated Craig, I use it often!

-Paul

Ltvscout
05-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Craig,

I've already scanned the Scout III plans. I thought I already sent them. If not, I'll send them this time :) .

Don
NAR 53455
I don't believe I have the Scout III plans yet, Don. Send away!

Ltvscout
05-08-2006, 10:46 PM
This list is just the Estes stuff. Of course we also need all the Centuri and Enerjet plans that JimZ doesn't have up yet plus MPC, MRC, FSI, Custom, AVI, CMR, Kopter, etc, etc, plans that I don't already have up. ;)

JRThro
05-09-2006, 08:29 AM
2102 TIE Fighter
2144 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
I have a TIE Fighter kit in the bag, but I'm not sure what the kit # is. I'll try to remember to look soon, and if I do remember I'll try to get the plans scanned. And if I get them scanned, I'll try to remember to send them to Scott.

Craig, by "plans" I'm assuming you mean "instructions, decals, fin templates, etc."

Scott, what file format, size, resolution in DPI, etc., do you prefer?

Ltvscout
05-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Scott, what file format, size, resolution in DPI, etc., do you prefer?
This page will help you:

http://www.oldrocketplans.com/sendscans.htm

Thanks!

CPMcGraw
05-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Craig, by "plans" I'm assuming you mean "instructions, decals, fin templates, etc."

Oh, absolutely! We need all the "etc" we can get! :D

Basically, everything of a printed nature. If the instructions don't include a parts list with part numbers, maybe include a simple txt file showing what the kit contains...

Green Dragon
05-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Craig,

I sent partial Micron plans in ( no decal scans ).

Dasher decals are posted someplace, it was on the recent YORP updates list. not sure about plans themselves.

I have the Pro-series Jayhawk , will see what I can do - this was recently discussed on the YORF, so maybe someone sent em in by now, lmk if still needed .

2150 Rattler 7, will look and see if I have the plans, I did scan the decals, but maybe they did nto get sent ? again , lmk ( I did send a bunch int hat were unusable due to scanner settings, so maybe those were amongst the bad ones ).

~ AL

( will see what else I have on the non-Estes items as well )

ghrocketman
05-09-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the Collector's series 2063 Mars Snooper instructions were an exact reprint of the original instructions right down to the non-sensical A8-3 engine choice as one of the recc. motors. I built one of those MANY years ago but unfortunately do not know where the instructions/box went. :mad:

CPMcGraw
05-09-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the Collector's series 2063 Mars Snooper instructions were an exact reprint of the original instructions right down to the non-sensical A8-3 engine choice as one of the recc. motors. I built one of those MANY years ago but unfortunately do not know where the instructions/box went. :mad:

Good to know, GHR. That's one I can re-link temporarily.

John Brohm
05-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi Craig;

I think I may have already sent Scott the Echo (#1950) and when I get home from my current trip, I'll be sending him the Jayhawk (#2085).

Craig - Scott has the #2085 Jayhawk scan now.

JRThro
05-12-2006, 07:52 AM
I have a TIE Fighter kit in the bag, but I'm not sure what the kit # is. I'll try to remember to look soon, and if I do remember I'll try to get the plans scanned. And if I get them scanned, I'll try to remember to send them to Scott.
#2102 is the one I have, the 15th anniversary one.

Now I'm not sure if I want to open the bag to scan it. Then I'd have to keep track of the parts, etc., which means I'd have to move it from the top of the pile of other rocket stuff on the dining room table.
:( :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

CPMcGraw
05-12-2006, 11:52 AM

Now I'm not sure if I want to open the bag to scan it. Then I'd have to keep track of the parts, etc., which means I'd have to move it from the top of the pile of other rocket stuff on the dining room table.

If you build it, then you'd know where all those parts are...:D :eek:

And you'd only need to move it once in a while...:p

JRThro
05-12-2006, 01:27 PM
If you build it, then you'd know where all those parts are...:D :eek:

And you'd only need to move it once in a while...:p
If I could get over my painting phobia, I might do just that.

X-PLANET
05-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Is There Any Company That Actually Made The X-20 Dyna Soar?

Bob H
05-12-2006, 08:23 PM
If I could get over my painting phobia, I might do just that.
You're not going to start painting them now, are you? :eek:

CPMcGraw
05-12-2006, 10:20 PM

If you mean the full-size version, it was never built or flown. The only full-size anything that I've ever seen was a plywood mock-up (just pictures of it, actually).

As for a flying model, there are probably some scratch-built versions based on that mock-up, but the design never went beyond that initial concept. The Dyna-Soar was short for Dynamic Soarer, which was Tech-speak for an atmospheric "skipper" (think of a smooth stone skipping over a calm lake surface), launched into orbit by a Titan II or Titan III. Through various ways and means, the concept has been seen best in the X-15 research ship, and the current Space Shuttle.

There might be some plastic display models from the 1960's, but I haven't seen one.

Ltvscout
05-12-2006, 11:25 PM
If you mean the full-size version, it was never built or flown. The only full-size anything that I've ever seen was a plywood mock-up (just pictures of it, actually).

As for a flying model, there are probably some scratch-built versions based on that mock-up, but the design never went beyond that initial concept. The Dyna-Soar was short for Dynamic Soarer, which was Tech-speak for an atmospheric "skipper" (think of a smooth stone skipping over a calm lake surface), launched into orbit by a Titan II or Titan III. Through various ways and means, the concept has been seen best in the X-15 research ship, and the current Space Shuttle.

There might be some plastic display models from the 1960's, but I haven't seen one.
They've got models of it here:

http://www.realspacemodels.com/

Sven is big into plastic models and seems to do a lot with this company.

CPMcGraw
05-13-2006, 06:32 AM
They've got models of it here:

http://www.realspacemodels.com/

Sven is big into plastic models and seems to do a lot with this company.

Somehow I figured there might be a resin model somewhere... This might be a scratchbuilt "one-of" model, and not a production kit.

JRThro
05-15-2006, 10:50 AM
You're not going to start painting them now, are you? :eek:
HEY!! I resemble that remark!

For what it's worth, I actually sanded some of the primer off my Rokitflite Odyssey over the weekend. It's almost sort of smooth now, at least where I sanded it. And I've been thinking I might pick up some gray paint and try actually painting it. Some day.
:rolleyes: :p :eek:

sandman
05-15-2006, 05:10 PM

I have made a few X-20 nose cones. They work really well on a Deuce's Wild too!

I even have some decals for them...someplace.

stefanj
05-15-2006, 10:13 PM
That is SO COOL Sandman!

If I didn't have two dozen things on my build queue I'd commission one from you.

X-PLANET
05-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah, No Doubt!! I Really Like Those Cones!

I Was Wondering About The X-20 Cause I Was Thinking Of Building One To Launch, Just The X-20 Itself Though, Not On Top Of The Launch Rocket Like You Got.

Just Some Thing I Got In The Back Of My Fat Skull...

I'm Starting To Play With The Idea Of Making The X-3 Stiletto.

I Built My Own X-1 & X-29, Not Really To Scale But My Versions Anyways,which Was Pretty Cool. Working On The Sr-71 Right Now And Gathering Supplies To Make The X-16. Also Just Got An X-30 (now Oop From Quest) In The Mail...what A Pain To Find, But None The Less Should Be Fun To Fly!!

JRThro
05-22-2006, 04:40 PM
I've Never Seen Anyone Type This Way Before... Kind Of Cool
;)

JRThro
05-22-2006, 04:44 PM

I drove up to Larry's Hobbies in north Houston at lunch time today, because I needed some CR-2050's right away. And of everything NOT to have, they don't have these!

However, they DO have TWO of Estes kit #2102, the 15th anniversary TIE Fighter. And a bunch of other Estes and Custom kits and parts, just not the parts *I* need.

Fortunately I am already in the process of making some centering rings out of two paper plates glued together with wood glue. That should work, but if it turns out to be too much of a hassle I can always make some from balsa if I have to.

Ltvscout
05-22-2006, 09:20 PM
I've Never Seen Anyone Type This Way Before... Kind Of Cool
;)
That's vBulletin's way of fixing someone's message that's typed in all caps.

JRThro
05-23-2006, 09:34 AM
That's vBulletin's way of fixing someone's message that's typed in all caps.
OH, I SEE!

Ltvscout
05-23-2006, 09:36 AM
OH, I SEE!
Heh, maybe not. ;)

DaveR
05-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Fortunately I am already in the process of making some centering rings out of two paper plates glued together with wood glue. That should work, but if it turns out to be too much of a hassle I can always make some from balsa if I have to.

I use the thick paper (cardboard? it's not corrogated.) on the back of an old desk calendar to make my centering rings. It's a little tough to cut, but stands up to light sanding very well and it is very sturdy.

johnnwwa
05-26-2006, 01:39 PM
CP McGraw

I sent in Header card and Decals for Micron this week :) I also have instruction sheet finished when your ready.

BAR
John

CPMcGraw
05-26-2006, 01:53 PM
CP McGraw

I sent in Header card and Decals for Micron this week :) I also have instruction sheet finished when your ready.

BAR
John

Thank you, John!

Send the instruction sheets to Scott (he handles the YORP side of this project) whenever you're ready. I'll make the entry in the list.

We're closing in on a complete collection of plans, folks!

CPMcGraw
05-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Where's the current updated list of "needed" kit plans?

The most recent list is in this message:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showpost.php?p=7742&postcount=1

I haven't compiled a newer list, since Scott is planning to post an update to YORP that will include some of these. There won't be another list until after he's done that.

JRThro
05-27-2006, 08:57 AM
The most recent list is in this message:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showpost.php?p=7742&postcount=1

I haven't compiled a newer list, since Scott is planning to post an update to YORP that will include some of these. There won't be another list until after he's done that.
I actually opened my TIE Fighter kit last night but didn't have time to scan anything. It looks like a fun build.

johnnwwa
05-30-2006, 05:09 PM
CP McGraw

BAR
John

Ok All done . I sent off Instruction sheets today ,scratch the Estes Micron off your list.

BAR
John

Ltvscout
05-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Ok All done . I sent off Instruction sheets today ,scratch the Estes Micron off your list.

BAR
John
John,

What email address did you sent it to?

johnnwwa
05-30-2006, 11:57 PM
LVT Scout

Sent micron plans to: plans@oldrocketplans.com

BAR
John

Ltvscout
05-31-2006, 06:47 AM
LVT Scout

Sent micron plans to: plans@oldrocketplans.com

BAR
John
Perfect. That went directly to Buzz Nau so he could process it for me.

Eagle3
05-31-2006, 08:09 AM
Got em John, Thanks.

duobob
06-01-2006, 05:48 PM
I have these and I will get them scaned up and sent out ASAP
0871 Vector
0878 Scout III (do you need these still ? )
1950 Echo (do you need these still ? )
2063 Mars Snooper ( is this the Collectors edtion if so I have it)
2083 Terrier/Sandhawk
let me know. Bob :)

CPMcGraw
06-01-2006, 10:01 PM
I have these and I will get them scaned up and sent out ASAP
0871 Vector
0878 Scout III (do you need these still ? )
1950 Echo (do you need these still ? )
2063 Mars Snooper ( is this the Collectors edtion if so I have it)
2083 Terrier/Sandhawk
let me know. Bob :)

Bob,

I'm showing a need remains for plan scans on the 0871 Vector; the Scout III and the Echo reportedly have plans in the queue to be posted.

We can still use those Mars Snooper plans, even if they're essentially identical to the original "K" series version...

The Terrier/Sandhawk we certainly need, as I see no activity yet for those scans.

Thanks for looking through your collection!

JRThro
07-05-2006, 08:34 AM

Okay, I did open the bag a while ago, and last night I scanned the instructions, the shock cord mount and marking guide (IIRC), and the 4 small balsa pieces. I also scanned one set of the plastic "wings," which I think are supposed to be solar panels. There are a lot of other plastic parts in this kit, but I don't think I'll scan them. There aren't any decals. The header card is *huge* and there's no way it'll fit on my flatbad scanner.

I was in kind of a hurry and saved everything as .tif files, but I didn't check to see what the file sizes were.

Eagle3
07-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Guys, don't bother scanning the Terrier Sandhawk. I have an open one I plan on scanning as soon as I get caught up with some other projects.

Buzz

tbzep
07-07-2006, 11:00 AM
That's where I read it! I was thinking I read it on OldRockets. Buzz, I've already got the plans in my scanner. I'll scan them and the decal and send them to YORP today. Most of the stuff I have has already been scanned, and most of the needed stuff I don't have. It will give me a chance to contribute.

JRThro
07-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Okay, I did open the bag a while ago, and last night I scanned the instructions, the shock cord mount and marking guide (IIRC), and the 4 small balsa pieces. I also scanned one set of the plastic "wings," which I think are supposed to be solar panels. There are a lot of other plastic parts in this kit, but I don't think I'll scan them. There aren't any decals. The header card is *huge* and there's no way it'll fit on my flatbad scanner.

I was in kind of a hurry and saved everything as .tif files, but I didn't check to see what the file sizes were.
Okay, the file sizes for the scans I did of the instructions for the #2102 15th anniversary TIE Fighter were 24 MB each!!! I scanned them as black text and saved them as 300 dpi .TIF files. So, last night I opened the .TIF's in Windows Paint and saved them again as monochrome .BMP files. The file sizes are now 1 MB each. This leads me to believe that the original .TIF's were actually 24 bits per pixel instead of 1 bit per pixel, which is what I would have expected the scanning software to save scans of black text as.

Anyway... they are now a manageable size, and I'll be sending them off to plans @ oldrocketplans.com soon, hopefully later today.

tbzep
07-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Terrier Sandhawk plans and decal have been sent.

Solomoriah
07-07-2006, 06:37 PM
TIF is an ungodly fat file format... BMP is usually better, but PNG is the best if you want the smallest file size without losing any detail.

Not all scanning software will do PNG, but as it's an "Internet Standard" mostly it's the older scanner software that won't.

John Dyer
07-21-2006, 08:59 AM
This list is just the Estes stuff. Of course we also need all the Centuri and Enerjet plans that JimZ doesn't have up yet plus MPC, MRC, FSI, Custom, AVI, CMR, Kopter, etc, etc, plans that I don't already have up. ;)

Which begs the question, what is the format you prefer? I see .tiff, .jpeg, etc. I'm not sure I have any of the plans you need, but I'll check when I get back from NARAM. I figure I can scan 'em in and put them in a preferred format...

John

John Dyer
07-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Which begs the question, what is the format you prefer? I see .tiff, .jpeg, etc. I'm not sure I have any of the plans you need, but I'll check when I get back from NARAM. I figure I can scan 'em in and put them in a preferred format...

John

Never mind... I guess I should have read the WHOLE thread first :rolleyes:

John

Ltvscout
07-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Never mind... I guess I should have read the WHOLE thread first :rolleyes:

John
I take it you found the "How to send us scans" link on Ye Olde Rocket Plans? ;)

John Dyer
07-21-2006, 11:20 AM
yes... he says sheepishly :rolleyes:

barone
07-21-2006, 04:50 PM

I've got the preferred formats taped to my monitor ;)

Don
NAR 53455

Ltvscout
07-21-2006, 05:37 PM
I've got the preferred formats taped to my monitor ;)
And we appreciate your many contributions!

DWolman
11-15-2006, 03:59 PM
I have a huge box of kit instructions, header cards, etc. stored under my work bench...and no time to do anything with it.

I'd be willing to mail it off to someone, if they are willing to scan in whatever is needed within a 2-3 month timeframe...I'd like to get the originals back, but if you would like to volunteer to see (1) what is useful in the box and (2) scan part/all of it, I would be happy to mail them out...

I hate to see the info not used, I just can't dedicate any time to figuring out what's of value in it. There's lots of 80's Estes kits, with some 70's Estes and Centuri, as well as some older pieces - I recently found Centuri Acro-Bat instructions and MMI Tower Launcher instructions...

If you're interested, please email me at danwolman@gmail.com...

Bob H
11-15-2006, 05:56 PM
I have a huge box of kit instructions, header cards, etc. stored under my work bench...and no time to do anything with it.

I'd be willing to mail it off to someone, if they are willing to scan in whatever is needed within a 2-3 month timeframe...I'd like to get the originals back, but if you would like to volunteer to see (1) what is useful in the box and (2) scan part/all of it, I would be happy to mail them out...

I hate to see the info not used, I just can't dedicate any time to figuring out what's of value in it. There's lots of 80's Estes kits, with some 70's Estes and Centuri, as well as some older pieces - I recently found Centuri Acro-Bat instructions and MMI Tower Launcher instructions...

If you're interested, please email me at danwolman@gmail.com...

Dan,

If you bring the box of plans to the CMASS launch on Saturday, I can go through the plans and scan whatever is not already on YORS. It would be a good winter project for me.

Bob Harrington

Ltvscout
11-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Dan,

If you bring the box of plans to the CMASS launch on Saturday, I can go through the plans and scan whatever is not already on YORS. It would be a good winter project for me.
That would be great, Dan & Bob. Thanks!

s1lence
11-15-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm still working on gettting some to you as well.

DWolman
11-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Bob -

I'll bring what I can to the launch this weekend - my car will be tight, will have my wife and daughter there.

In addition to the box of instructions, kit headers, etc...I also have a bunch of organized plans that I store separately...I pasted the list below, if anyone has any specific requests for these plans, let me know, and I'll include them in the box for Bob -

Thanks

Dan

Canaroc Starcruiser Warlok
Centuri Arcon-Hi
Centuri Arrow 300
Centuri Astro-I
Centuri Hummingbird
Centuri IQSY Thomahawk
Centuri Iris
Centuri Laser-X
Centuri Lil' Ivan
Centuri Little Joe II 1/100
Centuri Mach-10
Centuri Mini-Dactyl
Centuri MX-774
Centuri Payloader II
Centuri Point
Centuri Quasar
Centuri Space Shuttle (Dual Shuttle)
Centuri SST Shuttle
Centuri SSV Scorpion
Centuri Swift
Centuri USS America
Centuri Vulcan
Centuri/Enerjet Pterodactyl
Estes Aerobee 300
Estes Aero Fin
Estes Alpha
Estes Apogee II
Estes Arcas
Estes Asteroid Explorer
Estes Avenger
Estes Beta
Estes Birdie
Estes Black Hole Space Probe
Estes Cherokee-D
Estes Cobra
Estes Colonial Viper
Estes Constellation
Estes Delta
Estes Der Red Max
Estes Drifter
Estes Falcon
Estes Farside
Estes Farside X
Estes Firefly
Estes Gemini Titan GT-3
Estes Goblin
Estes Gyroc
Estes Halley's Tail
Estes Honest John (BT-50)
Estes Interceptor
Estes Invader
Estes Little John
Estes Mark
Estes Mark II
Estes Mars Lander
Estes Mars Snooper
Estes Mars Snooper II
Estes Midget
Estes Mighy Moe
Estes Mini Scale Combo Pak
Estes Mosquito
Estes Nighthawk
Estes Nike-X
Estes Nimbus
Estes Omega
Estes Orbital Transport
Estes Patrol Cruiser Excalibur
Estes Photon Disruptor
Estes Ranger
Estes Saturn V (1/242 scale)
Estes Scissor Wing Transport
Estes Scout
Estes Scrambler
Estes Skinny Mini
Estes Sky Dart
Estes Sky Hook
Estes Spaceman
Estes Space Plane
Estes SPEV
Estes Sprint
Estes Sprite
Estes Star Blazer
Estes Starlab
Estes Starlight
Estes Starliner
Estes Starship Vega
Estes Stinger K-53
Estes Streak
Estes Strike Fighter
Estes Super Flea
Estes Tartar
Estes Trident
Estes USS Andromeda
Estes V-2 (BT-55)
Estes WAC Corporal
Estes Wizard
Estes Wolverine
Estes X-Ray
Estes #4 Bug-A-Bye
Estes #10 Li'l Augie
Estes #12 Sky Slash II
Estes #13 Big Bertha
Estes #15 Spudnik-Too!
Estes #18 MMSV-II
Estes #19 Loadlifter 1-A
Estes #20 Mini-X
Estes #21 Flying Jenny
Estes #22 Tiger Shark
Estes #23 Raven
Estes #26 Sky Bolt
Estes #27 Deacon
Estes #28 Augie II
Estes #29 Eagle
Estes #30 Double Trouble
Estes #31 Commuter
Estes #32 Aerobee Hi
Estes #33 Robin
Estes #34 Whee II
Estes #35 Vertex
Estes #36 260 Space Booster
Estes #37 ASP
Estes #38 Gamma
Estes #39 Saturnian
Estes #40 Mitosis
Estes #41 Space Twins
Estes #51 Challenger
Estes #52 Jaguar JGD-2
Estes #53 Aero Fin
Estes #54 Space Freighter
Estes #55 Starship Excalibur
Estes #56 Flyin' Stovepipe
Estes #57 Little Beth X-2
Estes #58 Zeta
Estes #59 Ganymede 274
Estes #60 Camroc Carrier
Estes #61 Birdie
Estes #62 Mark IV
Estes #63 Omega
Estes #64 Patna Mark-I
Estes #65 Sky High
Estes #66 Scott-B
Estes #67 Blue Lightning
Estes #68 Scorpion
Estes #69 Constrictor
Estes #70 Black Knight
Estes #73 Orbital Transport Labratory
Estes #74 Gigantiroc 2-A
Estes #75 Effort III
Estes #76 Space Shuttle JPZ-3
Estes #77 Stratos
Estes #78 Top Secret
Estes #79 Pencil Rocket
Estes #80 Equinox
Estes #82 Intruder
Estes #83 Tartar
Estes 204 Evader
Estes Agressor
Estes AN-5 Spider
Estes Aries II
Estes Arrow
Estes Arrow-C
Estes Aurora II
Estes Buchanan Buster
Estes Bumble Bee
Estes Cloud Buster
Estes Cobra II
Estes Cosmic Cruiser
Estes Cygnus 37
Estes Dirty Bird III
Estes Eclipse
Estes Egg-Brute Renegade
Estes Falcon
Estes Hi-G Payloader
Estes Lil' Tinker
Estes Mako
Estes Manta Ray
Estes Mini Finless
Estes Moonnik-I
Estes Nova
Estes Omicon
Estes Orion II
Estes Pee Wee
Estes Predicta-I
Estes Quazar
Estes Screeming Eagle
Estes Sidewinder II
Estes Silver Streak
Estes Sky Bird II
Estes Sky Hook
Estes Skylance
Estes Skylark
Estes Starburst
Estes The Arrow
Estes The Eagle
Estes The Force
Estes Three Stage Ring Rocket
Estes WF-125 Banshee
Estes Zebra
Estes Super Big Bertha
Estes Sea Strike D
Estes Javelin
Launch Pad Warlock
Nova Salamander-5 Rocket/Glider
RDC RDC Nova III

CPMcGraw
11-16-2006, 11:48 AM
... also have a bunch of organized plans that I store separately...I pasted the list below, if anyone has any specific requests for these plans, let me know, and I'll include them in the box for Bob...

(snip)

Estes Halley's Tail

DW, this plan is one that we're showing as "not posted on the web anywhere" in our Estes Kit Lists on YORS. Could you get these scanned and sent up to Scott?

Thanks!

s1lence
11-16-2006, 01:00 PM
DW, this plan is one that we're showing as "not posted on the web anywhere" in our Estes Kit Lists on YORS. Could you get these scanned and sent up to Scott?

Thanks!

I looked everywhere for my copy of the plans from when I was a kid as I had this kit. No luck though on my part. I remember it had a marble/bead inside with a couple of chrome streamers that attached to it. I wish I knew what happened to it.

Ltvscout
11-16-2006, 01:09 PM
RDC RDC Nova III
Dan,

Please include the above two in Bob's box along with the Halley's Tail that Craig mentioned. I'll check to see if we need any of those Centuri plans you listed.

Ltvscout
11-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Centuri Lil' Ivan
Centuri Little Joe II 1/100
We can use these two Centuri kits as well. The others are already on YORP or at JimZ. Thanks!

SEL
11-16-2006, 02:03 PM

Thanks!

I just sent the Haley' s tail plan to Scott.

Sean

SEL
11-16-2006, 02:05 PM
I just sent the Haley' s tail plan to Scott.

Sean

p.s.: Scott - I'll scan the header card later on today and get that to you as well.

Sean

Ltvscout
11-16-2006, 02:19 PM
p.s.: Scott - I'll scan the header card later on today and get that to you as well.

Sean
Thanks, Sean!

Green Dragon
11-16-2006, 08:40 PM
observations of my own...

Centuri Payloader II - is this posted ? will have to go hunt, as I thought no ( if so, my bad )

Estes Halley's Tail - much needed as pointed out

Estes Skinny Mini - agian, this was one that jumped out to me as needed, but maybe has been posted since my last mental update ?

* DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL * .. this one I;ve personally asked about in the past, so , yes, starry eyed and waiting :-)

Estes Sea Strike D

Do you have the decals to scan for this ? one that's sorely missing ( and I need to restore my vintage original ) , I think the plans are up, not sure about patterns, etc.

looking forward to seeing some of these ( and updated ' we still need " list - will get some of my own goodies around sometime , when I get my life back together and a new scanner aquired, etc.

~ AL

barone
11-16-2006, 09:42 PM
RDC RDC Nova III
Dan,

Please include the above two in Bob's box along with the Halley's Tail that Craig mentioned. I'll check to see if we need any of those Centuri plans you listed.Yes, I'm interested in these plans as well. Scott, once you get them, do you mind sending me a copy? Thanks.

SEL
11-17-2006, 01:39 AM
I have an open Sea Strike around here somwhere - I'll dig it out an dscan the decals and patterns.

Sean

observations of my own...

Centuri Payloader II - is this posted ? will have to go hunt, as I thought no ( if so, my bad )

Estes Skinny Mini - agian, this was one that jumped out to me as needed, but maybe has been posted since my last mental update ?

* DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL * .. this one I;ve personally asked about in the past, so , yes, starry eyed and waiting :-)

Estes Sea Strike D

Do you have the decals to scan for this ? one that's sorely missing ( and I need to restore my vintage original ) , I think the plans are up, not sure about patterns, etc.

looking forward to seeing some of these ( and updated ' we still need " list - will get some of my own goodies around sometime , when I get my life back together and a new scanner aquired, etc.

~ AL

Ltvscout
11-17-2006, 08:23 AM
This is one is on all three plans sites. I have both the original version Payloader II plans and the new version Payloader II plans on my site. To easily find plans for Estes or Centuri kits, view the Expanded Kit Lists for both Estes and Centuri on my Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe site. Craig McGraw did a great job in putting these together for me. They use my original kit lists, but incorporate hyperlinks to the plans for each kit.

Sean sent this to me yesterday.

This one is on JimZ.

I've asked Dan to send these plans to Bob Harrington so he can scan them for us.

Estes Sea Strike D

Sean is going to send me scans of these decals.

DWolman
11-17-2006, 01:30 PM
I think I have a handle on which plans to bring to Bob, so no worries - hopefully someone can build something from the plans...

Dan

SEL
11-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Sean sent this to me yesterday.

This one is on JimZ.

I've asked Dan to send these plans to Bob Harrington so he can scan them for us.

Sean is going to send me scans of these decals.

Oops... I have the Sea Dart, not the Sea Strike. Sorry.

Sean

s1lence
11-23-2006, 12:43 PM
What about the Alpha II? I just won an auction for them on the ebay. From the picture it looks just like the Alpha once its put together. I'll try to get the instructions and stuff to you Buzz.

CPMcGraw
11-23-2006, 03:21 PM
What about the Alpha II? I just won an auction for them on the ebay. From the picture it looks just like the Alpha once its put together. I'll try to get the instructions and stuff to you Buzz.

Ryan,

If I remember previous discussions about that model, it was intended for distribution to educators and not to the general public. The pieces were printed with some of the instructions, or with markings for "where to put things".

Does your version have a balsa or plastic NC?

I'm sure Scott would say "Yes" to getting a scan of those plans for YORP, and I would like to create an entry in the Extended Estes Kit List as well. Scan everything, including the components themselves, if possible. The more documentation the better.

Thanks!

s1lence
11-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I can do that. I just found a scanner from my parents house so I'm going to see if I can get it working.

DaveR
12-01-2006, 04:53 PM
I recently acquired a LARGE cache (4 large Rubbermaid containers) of all sorts of model rocket kits, decals, plans, header cards, catalogs and other assorted parts. I think I may have several plans which are not yet posted or about to be posted on YORP. Here's a list of plans that I may can help with:

1986 Reliant
1992 Dasher
2041 Menace
2060 Bandit
2061 Rampage
2062 Dagger
2076 Pegasus
2092 Mongoose
However, I don't have access to a scanner. I would not have a problem sending these plans to someone to scan provided I get them back.

I have yet to finish my inventory of all this stuff but there are 2 large padded envelopes of Estes decals and a large stack of header cards that may be of use as well. (as far as completing some of the plans already posted)
There are several other companies in all this stuff as well, I will try get a list together and see if there is anything that may be of use.

barone
12-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I recently acquired a LARGE cache (4 large Rubbermaid containers) of all sorts of model rocket kits, decals, plans, header cards, catalogs and other assorted parts. I think I may have several plans which are not yet posted or about to be posted on YORP. Here's a list of plans that I may can help with:

1986 Reliant
1992 Dasher
2041 Menace
2060 Bandit
2061 Rampage
2062 Dagger
2076 Pegasus
2092 Mongoose
However, I don't have access to a scanner. I would not have a problem sending these plans to someone to scan provided I get them back.

I have yet to finish my inventory of all this stuff but there are 2 large padded envelopes of Estes decals and a large stack of header cards that may be of use as well. (as far as completing some of the plans already posted)
There are several other companies in all this stuff as well, I will try get a list together and see if there is anything that may be of use.

Why aren't there any Quest plans on YORP? Being that they are still in business, is it a legal thing? Are their kits junk? I don't recall ever seeing a post here about Quest. I have never built or flown a Quest kit so I know absolutely nothing about them. However, I have a large container of plans and kits that I'd be willing to share if you guys are interested.
Well, I'm just north of you (Bartlett, TN) and can arrange to pick the items up and scan them. Send me a PM and let's see what we can arrange. I can do all the driving too. As for the Quest plans, Scott is getting them together to post....There's another thread here for them somewhere.

Ltvscout
12-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Why aren't there any Quest plans on YORP? Being that they are still in business, is it a legal thing? Are their kits junk? I don't recall ever seeing a post here about Quest. I have never built or flown a Quest kit so I know absolutely nothing about them. However, I have a large container of plans and kits that I'd be willing to share if you guys are interested.
First off, thank you for offering the plans, decals and header cards you acquired for us to scan. Looks like Don is willing to help out with the scanning. Thanks, Don!

Regarding the Quest plans. I don't like to post plans of kits that are still in production. Quest just started dropping kits from their lineup in the past few years. I put in a request to Bill Stine awhile back asking for permission to post the plans. I got permission from him recently so am now looking to acquire the OOP plans to post. Some people like Don have already sent me some. You can read the list of wanted plans here:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=1228

I'll start adding the Quest plan scans I've received so far at my next update.

barone
12-01-2006, 10:25 PM
.............. I was just wondering why you never hear or see anything about Quest and was curious if maybe their quality had something to do with it.
Some of their kits are really quick builds and aren't very challenging. But they look good. Every kit I've ever bought has been a quality product but I think the target shoppers are probably young (mostly level 1 and quick-kits). But, look at some of their more challenging stuff if you can find them. The Force 5, Terrier Orion, Shuttle Intrepid, M2Q2, X-30, etc. Mostly OOP. They are challenging and thoughtful builds. I like them better than the available kits. Unfortunately, they seem to be disappearing from the local retail outlets here. Hobby Lobby has had them on clearance for months now and hasn't stocked any of the newer kits (some are OOP already and I never even knew they existed). And some may become collector items. Case in point, the OOP Quest Aerobee Hi. Product number and catalog has listed this kit as a level 1 but the packaging calls it a level 2 (yep, I bought several just in case) :D To make this a little shorter, yep, they are quality kits but the majority of them target lower skilled flyers. And BARs have a tendency to float towards designs from their youth. Quest wasn't there.

s1lence
12-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Heck Quest wasnt really there for me and I started in the mid-eighties. Estes was always the kits I went for though I do have some from quest. Its the failing back on your roots I guess.

barone
12-19-2006, 08:27 PM
.....Here's a list of plans that I may can help with:

1986 Reliant
1992 Dasher
2041 Menace
2060 Bandit
2061 Rampage
2062 Dagger
2076 Pegasus
2092 Mongoose

David....there are two fin patterns in the lot you gave me that I don't know what kit they belong to. Can you help me out? Ive got these figured out...Big Bertha, Dasher, and Reliant. One of the ones I can't figure out looks something like a Goblin fin....oh heck, let me scan them and you can see....

DaveR
12-19-2006, 09:49 PM
My bad, those 2 patterns are for #2185 Screamin' Mimi. :o