PDA

View Full Version : Projected project for this week......

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby, armed with a coupon and five bucks. All I needed was a piece of posterboard thick enough to roll into a 4.125" body tube. They had posterboard that was exactly too thin to be what I needed and exactly too thick. I must have spent a half hour standing there feeling and refeeling each piece of board in the display like a big, bald Goldilocks. It couldn't have been pretty.
Anyway, I made my choice, (went with too thin,) and at the moment it's the only part of the project that's actually in my possession. (Other than fin stock.) I've got Fat Boy cones coming from JonRocket and some BT-80 from Semroc, (along with a 1:1 Vector V kit for inspiration,) and I hope to start on a Vector G upscale later in the week. No pics yet unless you'd like to see my posterboard. :rolleyes:

tbzep
05-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby, armed with a coupon and five bucks. All I needed was a piece of posterboard thick enough to roll into a 4.125" body tube. They had posterboard that was exactly too thin to be what I needed and exactly too thick. I must have spent a half hour standing there feeling and refeeling each piece of board in the display like a big, bald Goldilocks. It couldn't have been pretty.
Anyway, I made my choice, (went with too thin,) and at the moment it's the only part of the project that's actually in my possession. (Other than fin stock.) I've got Fat Boy cones coming from JonRocket and some BT-80 from Semroc, (along with a 1:1 Vector V kit for inspiration,) and I hope to start on a Vector G upscale later in the week. No pics yet unless you'd like to see my posterboard. :rolleyes:

Give me a Vector, Victor! :D

Bill
05-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Shouldn't a 4.125 body tube make it a Vector XV?

Bill

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Shouldn't a 4.125 body tube make it a Vector XV?

Bill

Not in Kentucky. ;)