PDA

View Full Version : Frontline - The Warning...

Cohetero-negro
06-15-2011, 12:08 AM
"We didn't truly know the dangers of the market, because it was a dark market," says Brooksley Born, the head of an obscure federal regulatory agency -- the Commodity Futures Trading Commission [CFTC] -- who not only warned of the potential for economic meltdown in the late 1990s, but also tried to convince the country's key economic powerbrokers to take actions that could have helped avert the crisis. "They were totally opposed to it," Born says. "That puzzled me. What was it that was in this market that had to be hidden?"

If you consider yourself an informed and intelligent citizen, you better watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3HmV43Zs-M

I am still fuming over this and ready to act in any way necessary.

Jonathan

Der Red Max
06-15-2011, 01:24 AM
"...ready to act in any way necessary.
Hopefully that means utilizing the second of your dual citizenships and hightailing (or should that be "tail-between-the-leg"ging) the heck out of here.:chuckle:

At least you are a "Frontline" viewer which means there is still hope for you yet.;)

mycrofte
06-15-2011, 05:27 AM
There were people saying this in 1980 and no one listened. Except me...

Cohetero-negro
06-15-2011, 07:55 AM
There were people saying this in 1980 and no one listened. Except me...

Its frightening ... like a woman who knows in a few hours, the drunk husband will be back home and its round 2 :(

J

mycrofte
06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Not quite sure what that means, but...

I have been beating my head against the wall over this since it started. To many stupid people that think because they have a job at any given time, that the economy must be OK...

Therefore, whatever I say to the contrary, my be wrong. And now that it is to late, all these gofers stick up their head and say; "why didn't anyone tell us!"

Dannycolossus
06-15-2011, 06:53 PM
"well, cleatis, you've been busy sticking your head in the sand to notice" is what I want to say when someone says that.

luke strawwalker
06-16-2011, 12:43 AM
Interesting program... just goes to show how broken the system really is... that and most of these 'smart guys' aren't nearly as smart as they think they are...

Ya know it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure out the way our government has been deficit spending for years and with the gigantic national debt which has grown to absolutely incomprehensible proportions (as the deficit spending has) that sooner or later things WILL implode...

I read a book almost 20 years ago by Larry Burkett (The Coming Economic Earthquake) that really laid out the issue-- he painted the picture that one day the US's debt would be SO enormous that it couldn't even pay the interest, and at that point BANG! we're economically dead...

I'd say we're getting there pretty darn fast when the Fed is having to print money to buy our debt because nobody else will, which undermines the value of our currency and gives more cause for those holding our debt and dollars to dump them as fast as possible... I read that China is slowly divesting themselves of as much US debt holdings as they can as quickly as they can without triggering a massive selloff and collapse, which would render whatever they still hold with "US" on it totally worthless...

It's coming... like a storm on the horizon, it's just a matter of time, sooner or later, it'll be here, and there's NOTHING we can do to stop it...

I've said since the US pundits have been breaking their own arms patting themselves on the back for "winning" the Cold War that "we didn't really win; the Soviets just WENT BROKE FIRST". Reagan "won" the Cold War by "outspending" the Soviets, forcing them into an arms race for SDI (Star Wars) and such which they couldn't win... but ran up TRILLIONS in debt for us as well... that along with the trillions racked up in the constant state of WAR we've had throughout the 21st century IS going to come back to bite us at some point... probably sooner than most folks think...

Later! OL JR :)

Dannycolossus
06-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Move to Europe, Canada, Japan, or S. America. at least they have better economic standing than the US of A, and better environmental track records to boot. so, it seems like everyone around the US is doing alright, but the center of the geographic circle is dead.