PDA

View Full Version : pretty cool idea...

Dannycolossus
06-28-2011, 10:04 PM
I took the cloudburst model rocket , a custom design from ebay, which has a clear plastic nosecone, and added a solid plastic bulkhead to the bottom. before I sealed it, i placed a tiny bit of peat soil, and a live dwarf fern, with some water, effectively creating a sealed terrarium. I added tail weight accordingly, and hopefuly as soon as the fern roots a bit better. it should look pretty cool with fire in the rear and a live plant up front in flight, what do you think?

Raygun
06-28-2011, 10:12 PM
I took the cloudburst model rocket , a custom design from ebay, which has a clear plastic nosecone, and added a solid plastic bulkhead to the bottom. before I sealed it, i placed a tiny bit of peat soil, and a live dwarf fern, with some water, effectively creating a sealed terrarium. I added tail weight accordingly, and hopefuly as soon as the fern roots a bit better. it should look pretty cool with fire in the rear and a live plant up front in flight, what do you think?

Pretty rad in my book!

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-28-2011, 10:23 PM
I tried something similar a few years back.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallyum/529124101/
He hasn't grown, but he also hasn't complained about the living conditions, so I'm thinking SUCCESS!!!
Now I have to come up with something for Pokey and the Blockheads so they don't think I'm playing favorites. :rolleyes:

blackshire
06-28-2011, 11:16 PM
I took the cloudburst model rocket , a custom design from ebay, which has a clear plastic nosecone, and added a solid plastic bulkhead to the bottom. before I sealed it, i placed a tiny bit of peat soil, and a live dwarf fern, with some water, effectively creating a sealed terrarium. I added tail weight accordingly, and hopefuly as soon as the fern roots a bit better. it should look pretty cool with fire in the rear and a live plant up front in flight, what do you think?Send a tape of the preparation and flight to David Letterman! Not long after he inaugurated the "Stupid Pet Tricks" segment on his show, he also did a "Stupid Plant Tricks" segment in which someone rolled a potted plant (a begonia, if memory serves) across the stage on a skateboard. I'm *not* saying that your "ballistic terrarium" is stupid, but it is just the kind of unusual thing that might grab his attention.

Dannycolossus
06-28-2011, 11:53 PM
possibly......... but that will have to wait until later, i've been up late sanding and coming off a cafine spike. g'night all

El Cheapo
06-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Sounds like a good science fair project. I've had one if these for a while, still unbuilt. It's going to make for a great night rocket.

mycrofte
06-29-2011, 05:16 AM
I think it would be funnier with Mr. Bill in there and Sluggo painted on a fin.

Oh nooooo..................

STRMan
06-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Could you post a picture of this?

Dannycolossus
06-29-2011, 07:58 AM
as soon as everything is "grown in". i will!

luke strawwalker
06-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Cool! "PLANTSTRONAUTS"... LOL:)

And we don't even have to pay $20 million a seat for them to fly on Soyuz!!!
:chuckle:

Later! OL JR :)

chadrog
06-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Is that guy still selling those "kits"? I haven't seen them on feebay for a while, I kinda want another one.