Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Ask the Doctor (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Question to John Boren (JumpJet) (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=16439)

the mole 01-20-2017 02:44 PM

Question to John Boren (JumpJet)

I have a question for John. I am working on the Cosmic Interceptor and have built an Interceptor-E.
My question to john is, Do you have more designs in the works that use this size tube and the great E size nose cone?
I for one hope so. Thanks .

JumpJet 02-04-2017 04:36 PM

Sorry, but I just saw this question now. NO there are no current plans to use this cone on other designs at the moment.

John Boren

Jerry Irvine 02-04-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
Sorry, but I just saw this question now. NO there are no current plans to use this cone on other designs at the moment.
John Boren
OK how about a similar style kit with any nose cone?

Woody's Workshop 02-04-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

John Boren

John, I've noticed that in some of your rockets you have used your talent in air plane building to incorperate, what I call, frame work. Such as the Asteroid Hunter.
Can we expect more designs using these same skills?
I hope so. I really like the complex builds. You have a great talent.

the mole 02-04-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

John Boren

Thanks John for getting back to me on my question. Sorry to hear nothing in the pipeline using this cone. I guess I'll have to wait for the Intercepter-E to be rereleased again. :chuckle:

JumpJet 02-04-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:
to incorperate, what I call, frame work.

ABSOLUTELY

John Boren

Jerry Irvine 02-04-2017 08:31 PM

There are built-up designs that modern laser cutting makes possible that airplane makers have been doing for decades with stringers and whatever the other thing is called.

Woody's Workshop 02-05-2017 04:05 PM

When...If...I ever have enough money, a small laser or cnc router machine I shall have.
And...a pen turning lathe. Wish I had never sold mine now.

burkefj 02-05-2017 07:39 PM

You can always get cosmic interceptors and design your own, I've built about 19 different rocket gliders and a trident like model , using cosmic parts, I love that nose cone...

Frank

the mole 02-05-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkefj
You can always get cosmic interceptors and design your own, I've built about 23 different rocket gliders and a trident like model , using cosmic parts, I love that nose cone...

Frank

I don't mean to give you bad news but the Cosmic Interceptor and the Trajector are discounted.
Getting them while you can. I'm hoping ESTES make this nose cone so you can buy it by its self.