Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Estes Electro Launch (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4257)

mojo1986 12-06-2008 09:54 AM

Estes Electro Launch

I recently sold two of these on Ebay, and opened the bidding for each at $19.95, which I thought was reasonable. But for each I put a Buy-It-Now of $34.95, and I was surprised to see how fast they sold (both same day). In fact, the second one sold so fast that when I went to my Selling page to check the auction out it wasn't there! Grumbling to myself that Ebay had screwed up, I figured I would have to do the auction over again. But as an afterthought, I checked my 'Sold' page, and there it was! So for any of you guys who still have your old Electro Launch outfits, they seem to be a pretty hot item right now!

Joe

tbzep 12-06-2008 10:18 AM

This Electro Launch?

mojo1986 12-07-2008 11:19 AM

Yep, that's the one!

Rocketcrab 12-07-2008 02:58 PM

Maybe they are so sought after is that they are one of the items from yesteryear that can't be cloned. Kits can, decals can, old catalogs are scanned in and available, you can even make a cloned Estes "Tilt-A-Pad", but you can't clone something like the Electro-Launch.

Got any more? :D

DeanHFox 12-07-2008 04:25 PM

Someone had a clear plastic one (ala the Phantom) available this last year on eBay.

I took one look and knew I didn't have that kind of moolah. :)

Ltvscout 12-07-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanHFox
Someone had a clear plastic one (ala the Phantom) available this last year on eBay.

Do you recall what it went for?

kurtschachner 12-07-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanHFox
Someone had a clear plastic one (ala the Phantom)

Drool, drool.

Those are rare as, well, I don't know what. The Internet lore is that the clear plastic warped much worse than the red stuff, and combined with a lower production number, resulted in very few surviving until today.

Bluegrass Rocket 12-07-2008 11:25 PM

The one clear one that I saw was part of that large Estate Auction that had a bunch of early kits and catalogs but, the guy pulled that auction off E-bay after a few days. Probably sold to some private collector with a bunch of cash.

DeanHFox 12-07-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Do you recall what it went for?
Sorry, Scott, I don't. Once I decide not to bid an auction, I don't pay attention to it. It prevents that whole "tempted to spend money just to be the winner" mentality for me... :D

Sure would like to pickup a red E-L, though...it would look great next to my other pad I have from back then, my Centuri Servo-Launcher. Loved that pneumatic launch system! :)

Mark II 12-09-2008 03:05 AM

The Phantom Electro-Launch was practically a one-off anyway, wasn't it? I mean, something like a total of dozen or so were made, more or less as a stunt, or something like that. Wasn't that the story?

Mark \\.