Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   EPIC FAIL ! Russian Diver scores 0.0 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=16169)

ghrocketman 08-16-2016 03:36 PM

EPIC FAIL ! Russian Diver scores 0.0

A Russian Diver at the Olympics in Rio scored a 0.0...an ACTUAL ZERO !
It was a HILARIOUS EPIC FAIL !

He VEERED WILDLY LEFT on takeoff from the board and VIOLENTLY SMACKED the water with at least 3/4 of his entire body upon water entry.
I honestly think he may have been DRUNK !

This guy is supposedly a "World Champion"
It was a TOTAL RIOT leaving me laughing uncontrollably.
MUCH better than any POWR-SHANKK by a Golfer into a pond or a Bowler throwing a Gutter-Bawl.
ALMOST as good as a gymnast directly smashing into a pUmmel-horse right off the spring-board ramp.
WORSTTT DIVE EVERRRRRR !!!!!!

tbzep 08-16-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
A Russian Diver at the Olympics in Rio scored a 0.0...an ACTUAL ZERO !
It was a HILARIOUS EPIC FAIL !

He VEERED WILDLY LEFT on takeoff from the board and VIOLENTLY SMACKED the water with at least 3/4 of his entire body upon water entry.
I honestly think he may have been DRUNK !

This guy is supposedly a "World Champion"
It was a TOTAL RIOT leaving me laughing uncontrollably.
MUCH better than any POWR-SHANKK by a Golfer into a pond or a Bowler throwing a Gutter-Bawl.
ALMOST as good as a gymnast directly smashing into a pUmmel-horse right off the spring-board ramp.
WORSTTT DIVE EVERRRRRR !!!!!!

She was lucky that's all that happened to her. She was going for max height on the spring step and almost missed the board, catching it at the very corner. She may have even had a toe or three hanging off. To be honest, with the board throwing her out like that, she did a pretty dang good job of trying to hang on and complete dive. Shooting off that way cost her a couple feet of height, which is about how much she came up short on entry. The entry was about a "can-opener" angle. I was expecting belly-flop when I read the post.

Oh... A he? That means there were two! I saw the Russian girl. I'll hit Youtube and look at his.

Ltvscout 08-16-2016 10:58 PM

This link shows all the "flops."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/spor...-390356752.html

Ltvscout 08-16-2016 11:02 PM

Another epic fail. Walsh-Jennings/Ross just lost to the Brazillian chicks.

Joe Wooten 08-17-2016 06:36 AM

None of those were as funny as the Japanese pole vaulter though.....

https://i.imgur.com/SOnDtsL.mp4

tbzep 08-17-2016 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Another epic fail. Walsh-Jennings/Ross just lost to the Brazillian chicks.

Walsh-Jennings had a horrible game. The only thing that puzzled me was why the Brazilians ever served to Ross after the first 4 or 5 volleys. They would have annihilated the US had they served consistently to W-J after seeing she couldn't make a simple pass in the first 4 or 5 volleys of the first set. It took them too long to realize W-J was out of it...well, not too long cause they still won, but they could have absolutely dominated had they done it. Ross used multiple shots and was accurate. If not for her, they would have lost without hitting double digits in points. W-J cranked and fired every time she was set except for two touch shots. The Brazilians were too good at blocking her and she was too predictable in addition to not being able to hit the ball where she wanted. The Brazilians also mixed their spikes and touch shots throughout, basically castrating W-J's blocking prowess.

tbzep 08-17-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Blocked at work....as usual. They've even blocked my proxy server. :mad:

tmacklin 08-17-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wooten
None of those were as funny as the Japanese pole vaulter though.....

https://i.imgur.com/SOnDtsL.mp4

The Agony of Defeat! Ouch!

ghrocketman 08-17-2016 03:42 PM

I was extremely disappointed by the performance of Walsh-Jennings/Ross last night.
W-J did seem REALLY out of it.
They were SUPPOSED TO WIN GOLD, period...
Although they got beat by the Brazilians, there is NO WAY they should have been ranked below either of those teams as a #3 seed. that was purely politics ranking the 'home girls' higher.
Honestly, this was the WORST performance I have EVER seen by Kerri Walsh-Jennings, and I actually follow Beach Volleyball and watch it when it is on.
Many years ago (in my mid 20's to early/mid 30's) I used to play competitive beach volleyball in several summer leagues. I have a cousin that played semi-pro. He can jump-serve similar to the stuff shown on TV.
I played both 4-person and 2-person beach leagues. One night I had to recruit my semi-pro cousin for our 4-man team as we were one person short. The other team just sat down in the sand after about 5 serves from my cousin....lol.

neil_w 08-17-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:
I was extremely disappointed by the performance of Walsh-Jennings/Ross last night.
W-J did seen REALLY out of it.

I agree, I only saw the first set but when she was shanking all those passes you could see that something was wrong.
Quote:
They were SUPPOSED TO WIN GOLD, period...

They're also human beings.
Quote:
Many years ago (in my mid 20's to early/mid 30's) is used to play competitive beach volleyball in several summer leagues. I have a cousin that played semi-pro. He can jump-serve similar to the stuff shown on TV.

It's the indoor men jump-serves that really blow me away.

tbzep 08-17-2016 05:57 PM

They are "only human" but I also didn't like the strategy. W-J was having a bad night serving, spiking, setting (passing). That happens. Nothing can be done about the physical side of it. The Brazilians eventually picked up on it, but should have even sooner than they did.

Here's where I fault the USA team, including coach Karch Kiraly. W-J continued to spike, spike, spike, spike and spike some more. The Brazilians continued to effectively block, block, block, block, and block some more. W-J only made two (that I can remember) soft lobs/touches (whatever you want to call them) all night, which meant the Brazilians could exclusively attack the net and block agressively, effectively shortening the length of their court to just a few inches (most blocks take place within a few inches of the net). The Brazilians mixed their shots effectively, making the US team defend the whole court. Ross did a much better job with accuracy and variety, but the Brazilians eventually got smart and quit hitting it toward her so she didn't have as many chances.

ghrocketman 08-17-2016 09:42 PM

Karch Kiraly is NOT the women's BEACH volleyball coach.
He coaches the women's INDOOR volleyball team.
Karch actually is doing a GREAT job.

tbzep 08-17-2016 10:20 PM

Quote:
Karch Kiraly is NOT the women's BEACH volleyball coach.
He coaches the women's INDOOR volleyball team.
Karch actually is doing a GREAT job.

I guess he was just there watching the other night. Whoever makes the decisions for the team made bad decisions last night.

ghrocketman 08-17-2016 10:52 PM

THANKFULLY Kerri Walsh-Jennings and April Ross redeemed themselves and beat the #1 seeded team from Brazil.
This matchup should have been for the GOLD medal but only was for Bronze.

Although they lost the first set, they played as a team and looked a LOT more like what is EXPECTED.
Congrats to K-W-J and A-R !

tbzep 08-18-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:
THANKFULLY Kerri Walsh-Jennings and April Ross redeemed themselves and beat the #1 seeded team from Brazil.
This matchup should have been for the GOLD medal but only was for Bronze.

Although they lost the first set, they played as a team and looked a LOT more like what is EXPECTED.
Congrats to K-W-J and A-R !

W-J still didn't hit or pass as well as she's capable of, but she was considerably better than she was in the semi match. Their strategy was a little better, and from what little I saw of it, Ross "the new kid" was again the most solid of the 4 on the sand.

Ltvscout 08-18-2016 07:49 PM

The US Women's Indoor Volleyball team laid a giant turd today, too. Lost to Serbia so now the best they can do is Bronze.

Doug Sams 08-18-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:
The US Women's Indoor Volleyball team laid a giant turd today, too. Lost to Serbia so now the best they can do is Bronze.
I watched that match. It was a heck of a match. It was tied 12-12 in the 5th game. The Serbians played very well and deserve respect.

I will concede, the Americans had a key player who sat out due to injury. But I still gotta give the Serbs some credit. They showed lots of game.

Doug

ghrocketman 08-18-2016 10:29 PM

This TOTALLY SUCKS DOG-POOP.
The USA should have swept GOLD for all 4 Volleyball events; Women's Beach/Indoor and Men's Beach/Indoor.
Everyone else should have been also-rans for SILVER. This is a pathetic JOKE.