Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   My Rocket Room (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=5172)

John Brohm 04-26-2009 09:43 PM

My Rocket Room

4 Attachment(s)
My rocket building has been impacted lately by too much business travel, and the need to re-model (actually, more like rehabilitate) the portion of the basement previously used by my son's band, once my son was promoted to the rank of Full Time Tax Payer. Fortunately, the Supreme Commander authorized the space for my personal use, and this is what I've been able to make of it.

John Brohm 04-26-2009 09:49 PM

My Rocket Room

4 Attachment(s)
It's also provided me some space to lay out a few of my favorite relics and models...

John Brohm 04-26-2009 09:58 PM

My Rocket Room

2 Attachment(s)
But along the way, I actually did build and finish a model. I managed to wrap up an early version of TMRK's new 1:20 size, semi-scale OSC Pegasus. An absolute joy to build - great materials and super quality throughout the kit. Thanks to Mark and Scott for a very satisfying construction project.

sandman 04-26-2009 10:27 PM

John, that is too clean. :mad:

I'm sorry I just can't talk to you anymore. :rolleyes:

CPMcGraw 04-26-2009 11:00 PM

I concur with Sandman...

That workbench photo is just sick. No one should be allowed to keep their bench in that condition! :o :D

Royatl 04-26-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brohm
My rocket building has been impacted lately by too much business travel, and the need to re-model (actually, more like rehabilitate) the portion of the basement previously used by my son's band, once my son was promoted to the rank of Full Time Tax Payer. Fortunately, the Supreme Commander authorized the space for my personal use, and this is what I've been able to make of it.

That room is just disgusting!!!
:D

stefanj 04-26-2009 11:37 PM

Yes. Too clean. Much too clean.

I think that this is really a highly sophisticated computer graphic.

You work for Pixar, don't you John?

tbzep 04-27-2009 07:23 AM

That's a nice rocket santuary. I cleaned my rocket room once. The next day it was covered in balsa and primer dust again. Did I mention I hate sanding? :rolleyes:

John Brohm 04-27-2009 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj
Yes. Too clean. Much too clean.

I think that this is really a highly sophisticated computer graphic.

You work for Pixar, don't you John?

Hey Guys -

It's just a matter of perspective. The Supreme Commander sometimes has a different view when she visits for the occasional spot inspection!

My wife has been really good about the space, it largely being her suggestion to finish it this way. Although it came with a price, a reminder of my position in the Food Chain:

DeanHFox 04-27-2009 07:59 AM

John --- love the GI Joe Astros in the cabinet above your PC. I've been trying to figure out how/where to display mine...now I know! :)