Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Forum Information, Rules, Etc (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why is CMR (Competition Model Rockets) Logo Missing? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=581)

dwmzmm 12-01-2005 07:01 PM

Why is CMR (Competition Model Rockets) Logo Missing?

A question here for some of you guys: Under the "Ye Olde Rocket Forum" at the top of this
website, there's logos of six modroc companies from years past. Why isn't CMR among them? I personally have CMR built kits that I still have in my fleet (Buzzard, Orbitron, and
Manta) that I still fly at NAR Sanctioned contests (as recently as November 20, 2005) and
still have the CMR D Region Tomahawk (in the bag) scale kit awaiting assembly. I've always
thought CMR, and Howard Kuhn, had excellent quality stuff from those days, and certainly
the company and Howard deserves a place under the masthead...

Eagle3 12-01-2005 07:44 PM

Dave, if I had a good scan of the CMR logo it would have been in the banner. The logo on the catalog I have is unusable.

jflis 12-02-2005 09:05 AM

I'll see what I can do about getting a good scan later this weekend.

jim

Leo 12-02-2005 11:50 AM

I just scanned my catalog.

Would this help?

dwmzmm 12-02-2005 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
I just scanned my catalog.

Would this help?

That's perfect!! Brings back many great memories! Thanks!

tbzep 12-02-2005 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
A question here for some of you guys: Under the "Ye Olde Rocket Forum" at the top of this
website, there's logos of six modroc companies from years past. Why isn't CMR among them? I personally have CMR built kits that I still have in my fleet (Buzzard, Orbitron, and
Manta) that I still fly at NAR Sanctioned contests (as recently as November 20, 2005) and
still have the CMR D Region Tomahawk (in the bag) scale kit awaiting assembly. I've always
thought CMR, and Howard Kuhn, had excellent quality stuff from those days, and certainly
the company and Howard deserves a place under the masthead...

If you ad CMR, you need to add AVI, CNA Systems, MRC, AAA Aviation Fuels, Kopter Rockets, Crown, Composite Dynamics, Enerjet...and the list goes on. We would run out of room! :p

Ltvscout 12-02-2005 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
If you ad CMR, you need to add AVI, CNA Systems, MRC, AAA Aviation Fuels, Kopter Rockets, Crown, Composite Dynamics, Enerjet...and the list goes on. We would run out of room! :p

Hehe, exactly!

dwmzmm 12-03-2005 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep

That "excuse" still doesn't cut it...look at how much space is available on the right half side
of the masthead...we model rocketeers are supposed to be creative, aren't we?!

Ltvscout 12-03-2005 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
That "excuse" still doesn't cut it...look at how much space is available on the right half side
of the masthead...we model rocketeers are supposed to be creative, aren't we?!

The logo is only as wide as the Centuri Space Shuttle.

Eagle3 12-03-2005 01:55 PM

I "could" make it wider.
I "could" add more logos.
if I "could" clone myself. ;)

I just don't have the time right now. I still have a handful of plans to process for YORP. Maybe I can work on it during the Christmas break. I have some of the logos tbzep mentioned, but some are pretty obscure. I'll try to post a 'need' list in the next week.