Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Plan Submission Guidelines (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=235)

Eagle3 06-22-2005 08:04 AM

Plan Submission Guidelines

Hey folks, I've taken on the task of organizing the plans being sent in to Scott. This is just a friendly reminder to please follow the guidelines as stated HERE. When plans come in that are scanned with these guidelines it's a snap to get them processed and passed on to Scott. When they aren't and they require some Photoshop work they get put on the backburner until I have the necessary time to do the work.

If you have any questions about the guidelines either post them here or send them directly to me in a PM.

Thanks!

ShieldWolf 06-22-2005 11:15 AM

My flatbed scanner will only do A4 (just a little bigger than 8.5x11). Most of my header cards are too long to fit. How should I handle that?

Randal

Eagle3 06-22-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShieldWolf
My flatbed scanner will only do A4 (just a little bigger than 8.5x11). Most of my header cards are too long to fit. How should I handle that?

Randal

Excellent question. Scan it in two pieces. I can merge the two together.

Thanks Randal!

Fore Check 09-25-2005 05:23 PM

I sent some scans to you this morning, but I scanned the "header card" stuff at 150 dpi, because I cannot go at 75. 72 is the closest, and I seemed to remember that the last time I sent scans y'all wanted me to send them at 150 and that you guys would "reduce" them from there.

If you want me to re-scan the box stuff from what I sent at the 72dpi, let me know.

Eagle3 09-26-2005 11:52 AM

Hi ForeCheck,

I downloaed the files and they look fine. 150 is fine on the box cover. I can reduce it.

johnnwwa 01-01-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle3
Excellent question. Scan it in two pieces. I can merge the two together.

Thanks Randal!

I'm guessing here the same would go for Decals such as Super Nova Payloader.

BAR
JOHN

Ltvscout 01-03-2007 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnwwa
I'm guessing here the same would go for Decals such as Super Nova Payloader.

That is correct, sir. ;) If you would, send scans that need "joining" to the plans@rocketshoppe.com address. That would go directly to Buzz who handles that for me. Thanks.

johnnwwa 01-12-2009 09:26 PM

Estes #1311

Scott
Scans sent for #1311

John

Ltvscout 04-10-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnwwa
Scott
Scans sent for #1311

John

Hey John,

Guess what I'm working on today? :D

Buzz was able to join all the two-part scans you sent me as well such as decals and header cards.

I appreciate all the plans people have sent me in the past, and I look forward to many more submissions in the future from our members. After nearly a 3yr break, I started last month with getting Ye Olde Rocket Plans up to date with all the submissions I've received during that period. A daunting task to say the least. ;)

johnnwwa 04-24-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Hey John,

Guess what I'm working on today? :D

Buzz was able to join all the two-part scans you sent me as well such as decals and header cards.

I appreciate all the plans people have sent me in the past, and I look forward to many more submissions in the future from our members. After nearly a 3yr break, I started last month with getting Ye Olde Rocket Plans up to date with all the submissions I've received during that period. A daunting task to say the least. ;)

Scott
That's great news. I'll try to scan some of the boxes and Fins that are missing from some of the scans I sent you.

John