Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kosdon & USR (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11819)

Chr$ 11-04-2012 07:13 PM

Kosdon & USR

1 Attachment(s)
Is there any want for Kosdon hardware? I have some 29mm and 38mm kosdon hardware. PM if interested.

I also have some US Rockets 29mm hardware. Any takers? PM if interested.

5x7 11-04-2012 09:47 PM

Pm sent

ghrocketman 11-05-2012 08:52 AM

Can you get ANY loads for that stuff anymore or is it strictly for EX use now ?

Jerry Irvine 11-05-2012 01:37 PM

In one case a known illegal but certified company had the owner die. In the other case a shipping and new product being provided to the cert agency month after month company was decertified for no good reason. Both had certification firm cover-ups associated. So since opening that fact base would necessarily embarrass the certifying agency, they will never be recertified despite dozens of attempts. Availability is immediate in the other jurisdictions.

Just politics is everywhere Jerry

ghrocketman 11-05-2012 02:14 PM

I HATE the requirement that ANY motors have to be certified for ANY reason.
MARKET forces should determine what products the CUSTOMERS deem to be safe ENOUGH.

Certification is a bunch of AS-ININE BS.

Jerry Irvine 11-05-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I HATE the requirement that ANY motors have to be certified for ANY reason.
MARKET forces should determine what products the CUSTOMERS deem to be safe ENOUGH.

Certification is a bunch of AS-ININE BS.
Almost. NAR should "certify" that is to say test for reliability and performance, any motor legal anywhere in the USA (or any country they service such as Canada and UK) under any circumstance, not cull out their made-up enemies and illegally approve their made-up friends like TRA does.

MR motors are now ATF exempt, and whether or not they can be mailed USPS, any propellant with a 1.3C approval or even categorization is "legal".

BTW I believe only the NAR or TRA has standing to ask the federal judge to apply the ruling that APCP is not an explosive and is a slow burning solid, be applied to DOT as well since APCP burns at a rate below that of the Flammable Solid threshold and thus is an unregulated plastic.

That said, this thread is for a guy selling a few casings for propellant he has used all up in his jurisdiction.

Jerry

USR casings fit AT parts and propellant. 7 less leaks.

Bill 11-05-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
USR casings fit AT parts and propellant. 7 less leaks.

So Jerry, why are you not trying to get your casings certified as alternative hardware for AT reloads? Other companies have done it and no hazmat hassle is involved.

Bill

Jerry Irvine 11-05-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
So Jerry, why are you not trying to get your casings certified as alternative hardware for AT reloads? Other companies have done it and no hazmat hassle is involved.
Bill
To paraphrase Gary, casings are a necessary evil. Since i am indifferent I would cooperate with any such effort someone else does.

Doug Sams 11-05-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Troll ;)

Doug

Chr$ 11-05-2012 08:01 PM

Well, it was 50-50 that Jerry would bring THAT up again... LOL.

A lot of folks use these for EX and some homebrew propellants, so therefore, I'm hoping I can find a home. Already have some PM's...