Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New member (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4165)

Mick Kelly 11-20-2008 08:10 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum just wanted to say hi and I was just wondering if there is a photo section dedicated to showing off members projects. I am always interested in seeing other peoples projects and the techniques they use for building.

Mick Kelly

CPMcGraw 11-20-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Kelly
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum just wanted to say hi and I was just wondering if there is a photo section dedicated to showing off members projects. I am always interested in seeing other peoples projects and the techniques they use for building.

Mick Kelly

Mick,

Welcome to the asylum. You'll understand what that means soon enough... :D

There are several threads where photos are posted, usually in either the "Workbench | Projects" section for general build shots, or in the "Weather-cocked | Mission Control" area, where we like to post flight shots.

Come visit the BARCLONE threads for non-kit designs, not a few of which have flown "in the wild". We've just passed the 500-design milestone, so there should be something there that catches your attention.

tbzep 11-20-2008 08:38 PM

Like Craig mentioned, there is an appropriate place. You can attach photos if they aren't too large. Sorry, I don't remember the maximum byte size. If you want, you can also host them at one of several sites like photobucket.com and link them. If you aren't familiar with linking images, we can help you.

Let's see those projects! Oh....and welcome to YORF. :)

cas2047 11-20-2008 08:55 PM

Welcome Mick! :)

Mick Kelly 11-20-2008 09:01 PM

Thanks Craig, those are some very cool looking designs. I have been building high performance composite high power rockets seems like forever and I have never seen such unique designs such as the ones I just viewed. I am very impressed with the uniqueness of these design. I will have to contact some of the designers to see if they would allow me to use their design in an upscale composite version.

I just happened onto this site from a post I was reading on RP. I glad I decided to come over to this site for a browse, really impressive.

Mick

CPMcGraw 11-20-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks Craig, those are some very cool looking designs. I have been building high performance composite high power rockets seems like forever and I have never seen such unique designs such as the ones I just viewed. I am very impressed with the uniqueness of these design. I will have to contact some of the designers to see if they would allow me to use their design in an upscale composite version.

I just happened onto this site from a post I was reading on RP. I glad I decided to come over to this site for a browse, really impressive.

Mick

If you promise to POST PHOTOS!!! :D

That, and tell everybody where you got the designs! :rolleyes: :cool:

cas2047 11-20-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:
I just happened onto this site from a post I was reading on RP.
Mick

Yes both YORF and RP are excellent forums. You will be treated right by the members, admins and owners of both forums that's for sure.

dwmzmm 11-20-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas2047
Yes both YORF and RP are excellent forums. You will be treated right by the members, admins and owners of both forums that's for sure.

Speaking of Rocketry Planet, I just tried to pull that site up (twice in the last 15 minutes) and get a generic Google page instead. Anyone getting the same?!

CPMcGraw 11-20-2008 09:56 PM

Still off-line at 9:56 PM CT...

Race58 11-20-2008 11:44 PM

Welcome Mick, You will enjoy this place as well at RP when it gets back up.