Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Enerjet 1340 Fin Can : Group Buy? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4074)

werewolf 10-26-2008 05:51 PM

Enerjet 1340 Fin Can : Group Buy?

Hey guys,

I'm somewhat new to this forum ... well, long-time lurker but new poster.

I'm VERY interested in purchasing multiple quantities of the classic Enerjet 1340 plastic fin can (also used, as you guys know better than i, in the Phoenix Bird, Challenger II, Maniac, LongShot & Eliminator). I'm having real trouble getting meaningful info from Estes these days about purchasing spare parts. And while you can still buy the Eliminator, i've found that the fin cans tend to stress-warp a bit over time at the bottom of the hanging bags.

SO ... i thought maybe we could get a list together of anyone interested in this fin can, and perhaps other Enerjet 1340 parts, and approach Estes with a pre-order "group buy". I'm not sure if we can get enough interest to have Estes actually do a production runs of these parts, but what the heck ... it might be worth a shot, Estes already has the molds, right?

Anyway, i'd certainly buy a couple dozen fin cans (preferably molded in black or white) for clone & astrocam projects. Anyone else?

And does anyone have really good, deep contacts at Estes to approach with a "group buy" idea?

Thanks guys, happy to be here! I hope this is posted in the right sub-forum.

Jeff S.

tbzep 10-26-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf
And while you can still buy the Eliminator, i've found that the fin cans tend to stress-warp a bit over time at the bottom of the hanging bags.

Heat the fin can up in very hot water and straighten it. Heating with a hair dryer might soften it enough to straighten also.

However, if the fin cans could be purchased cheap, I might like a couple or three. :)

Ltvscout 10-26-2008 07:07 PM

I'd buy some.

Isn't this the nosecone you need?

http://www.brshobbies.com/catalog.p...NC_56_Nose_Cone

werewolf 10-26-2008 07:27 PM

Thanks guys!

Yes, i think that's the nosecone ... but i'm way more interested in the fin cans :)

Good tip on heating & straightening warped fins on the can, thanks!

SEL 10-26-2008 07:28 PM

I'd take a half dozen or so.

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf
Hey guys,

I'm somewhat new to this forum ... well, long-time lurker but new poster.

I'm VERY interested in purchasing multiple quantities of the classic Enerjet 1340 plastic fin can (also used, as you guys know better than i, in the Phoenix Bird, Challenger II, Maniac, LongShot & Eliminator). I'm having real trouble getting meaningful info from Estes these days about purchasing spare parts. And while you can still buy the Eliminator, i've found that the fin cans tend to stress-warp a bit over time at the bottom of the hanging bags.

SO ... i thought maybe we could get a list together of anyone interested in this fin can, and perhaps other Enerjet 1340 parts, and approach Estes with a pre-order "group buy". I'm not sure if we can get enough interest to have Estes actually do a production runs of these parts, but what the heck ... it might be worth a shot, Estes already has the molds, right?

Anyway, i'd certainly buy a couple dozen fin cans (preferably molded in black or white) for clone & astrocam projects. Anyone else?

And does anyone have really good, deep contacts at Estes to approach with a "group buy" idea?

Thanks guys, happy to be here! I hope this is posted in the right sub-forum.

Jeff S.

jdud 10-26-2008 09:57 PM

I might buy a few if they were relatively cheap. I picked up a clearance Eliminator from Hobby Lobby last week and am transforming it into an Energet 1340.

Mark II 10-27-2008 12:53 AM

Didn't I read somewhere recently that Estes no longer sells directly to individual customers? (You have to buy from one of their distributors, instead.)

Mark \\.