Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dr Zooch (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17676)

leftover 01-06-2019 03:41 AM

Dr Zooch

Was wondering if anybody has a complete list of all he kits Dr Zooch sold before he shut dow last year.

I have many and thought it would be nice to get them all but don’t know what ones I am missing

hcmbanjo 01-06-2019 08:39 AM

Here's a list of Zooch kits pulled from reviews from rocketreviews.com:

Dr. Zooch R-7 Sputnik
Dr. Zooch R-7 Luna
Dr. Zooch Soyuz

Dr. Zooch Ares I-X
Dr. Zooch Ares 1
Dr. Zooch S.D.L.V. (The Stick)

Dr. Zooch Titan IIIC SLV5
Dr. Zooch Mercury Little Joe
Dr. Zooch Mercury Redstone (BT-60 sized)
Dr. Zooch Mercury Redstone (BT-50 sized)
Dr. Zooch Mercury Atlas

Dr. Zooch Atlas Agena
Dr. Zooch Discoverer Thor
Dr. Zooch Explorer I Jupiter C

Dr. Zooch Saturn C-5
Dr. Zooch Saturn IB Apollo 5
Dr. Zooch Saturn I Block II SA-5
Dr. Zooch Saturn I Block II SA-6 to SA-10
Dr. Zooch Saturn IB

Dr. Zooch Saturn V 500-F
Dr. Zooch Saturn V
Dr. Zooch Skylab Saturn V

Dr. Zooch Return to Flight Space Shuttle
Dr. Zooch SLS
Dr. Zooch Falcon Heavy

Dr. Zooch Mark II

There was also a short run of the X Prize Vanguard Eagle,
and a gumball launcher payload model, a sport flyer design.

There may be more kits produced, but this is what came up on rocketreviews
and a few I had built.

DeanHFox 01-08-2019 09:15 AM

Missed a few...

Wes also produced the following kits:

Juno II
Jupiter-C

Mercury Little Joe
Titan IIIC MOL

Orion EFT-1
SLS

Vostok

Crumman C3C
CRV Lifting Body

I know that his Saturns were already listed, but just FYI, here's the list of Saturn 1/1B variants as I recorded them from the labels on the boxes:

Saturn 1 Block II
Saturn 1 SA-5
Saturn 1B
Saturn 1B Apollo 5
Saturn 1B AS-203
Saturn 1B ASTP
Saturn V
Saturn V - Skylab

Hope this helps you towards completing your set of his kits! They truly were awesome. At the end, he was working on a 747 SCA/Shuttle; man, I wish that had made it to kit stage. It looked truly amazing. :)

LeeR 01-08-2019 06:01 PM

Wow, that list is impressive. I bought a Saturn I SA-5 last year. Looks like I’ve got a ways to go to complete the collection ...

:)

leftover 01-14-2019 11:45 AM

Thanks Dean
it helps alot
I just wish Inhad bought them all when he was running full out.

jetlag 01-14-2019 03:49 PM

Soyuz 19 ASTP (sold with the Saturn 1B ASTP)
Vanguard Eagle

Allen

jeffyjeep 01-14-2019 06:04 PM

Jeez! I didn’t know Zooch was shut down! I better hang onto my Zooch MR Little Joe.

leftover 01-15-2019 05:25 PM

Wes shut down for personal reasons but he did reach an agreement with Erockets to take over production of some of the more popular kits like the Falcon Heavy and Saturn V, both of which are listed on their website now.
it remains to be seen what other ones Randy may bring back.
In the meantime Zooch kits are selling for 3-4 times their original pricre on ebay now.

luke strawwalker 10-09-2022 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
Jeez! I didn’t know Zooch was shut down! I better hang onto my Zooch MR Little Joe.

Yeah Wes shut down and sold out a few years back. Hated to see it... most original and neatest "builder kits" in rocketry at the time. AND priced right! I miss building the beta kits for him and posting the build threads. Wonder if the one I built for him is still in the gift shop at CCSFS?? He had me build a couple for him and box them up and ship them back to send there for displays-- they were selling his kits in the gift shop!

He really had some great and innovative ideas on how to construct kits, that's for sure. Really fun to build and fun to fly, without costing a fortune. Glad I got most all of them before he shut down. OL J R :)

luke strawwalker 10-09-2022 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerHawk
Dr. Zooch Rockets Gumball Lofting Vehicle, Gb-LV

My daughter's first rocket!!! She and I did the beta-build on that kit for Wes before he released it, and did a build thread on it which we posted here and on TRF... I did really detailed build threads on all the Zooch beta builds I did for Wes, replete with tons of pictures and tips/tricks. They're all here in the archives I suppose, and on that other rocket forum.

GbLV is a fun little sport flyer... great for kids because they can put whatever "payload" they want in the gumball canister nosecone, and recover it separately on a parachute... the rocket comes down by streamer. I even picked up a BIG gumball canister to modify to fly on it, by gluing a bit of tubing on the bottom to fit the centering ring that the small capsule rides on...

Later! OL J R :)