Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Current Kit Talk (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Estes Kits, Discontinued Item & a Re-Release (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1491)

Ltvscout 02-21-2007 07:52 AM

New Estes Kits, Discontinued Item & a Re-Release

Well, it's cool that my hobby industry insider can still get me scoops on Estes products before Estes announces them, even when they have their own message forum. Here's what is coming out and what has been discontinued.

The MaxTrax starter outfit is gone, replaced by the Spin Control Starter
Outfit. There is a spin counter module, and adjustable spin tabs on the
fins.

There is a rerelease of the #1960 Nova Payloader, updated with laser cut
fins (no whoopee for this one).

#2037 is the D-Region Tomahawk. 3 feet tall. Skill Level 1, but D & E
powered.

And the AstroVision Starter set. The rocket is like a Astrocam body with an
Oracle nose cone.

rokitflite 02-21-2007 07:59 AM

Thanks for your input. Keep checking the Estes website for cool upcoming re-releases... :rolleyes: ;)

Ltvscout 02-21-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitflite
Thanks for your input. Keep checking the Estes website for cool upcoming re-releases... :rolleyes: ;)

Hehe. Exactly. ;)

CPMcGraw 02-21-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Well, it's cool that my hobby industry insider can still get me scoops on Estes products before Estes announces them, even when they have their own message forum. Here's what is coming out and what has been discontinued.

The MaxTrax starter outfit is gone, replaced by the Spin Control Starter
Outfit. There is a spin counter module, and adjustable spin tabs on the
fins.

There is a rerelease of the #1960 Nova Payloader, updated with laser cut
fins (no whoopee for this one).

#2037 is the D-Region Tomahawk. 3 feet tall. Skill Level 1, but D & E
powered.

And the AstroVision Starter set. The rocket is like a Astrocam body with an
Oracle nose cone.

Hey, that last one might not be so bad. We all know the AstroCam fits into an ST-13 body tube, so that might open up some possibilities for using SEMROC components...

Skill Level 1 on that Tomahawk? Sounds like a lot of plastic; maybe we can get a good payload section out of it...

Sounds like a big yawn for the rest of it...

Ltvscout 02-21-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Sounds like a big yawn for the rest of it...

Watch for more info coming.

Daniel Runyon 02-21-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ltvscout on TRF!
There is. Some stuff I can't talk about yet. Watch YORF for the latest.

Come on now... the whole point of leaks is defeating such restrictions! Spill it!

None of these interest me (well, the Oracle system would... if they would make a way to get the video onto a little flash memory stick that we could provide on our own for next to nothing... and give more than 30 seconds of video!) so I'm going to have to hold some hope for those secrets you're carrying.

Would you be able to give a simple affirmative or negatory on whether or not there are any space / sci fi oriented kits being whispered? I'm guessing NO on the sci fi, since Rocket Doctor has mentioned that Centuri kits are considered as a completely separate entity than Estes... which honestly makes NO sense to me since the same corporation owns the rights to both, no? Sounds like another instance of someone, somewheres psychological red tape getting in the way of something beautiful happening.

propbeany 02-21-2007 11:27 AM

#2037 was the National Aero Space Plane, or something like that. Or did they reuse numbers and not tell me?

The original D-Region was a skill level 3 (as was the Aero Space Plane).

johnnwwa 02-21-2007 11:29 AM

Estes bable

I check the Estes forum about twice a week . Most of what I see posted is the same O' sameO' Blah Blah Blah.

I might buy the D-Region Tomahawk. But I have no interest in anything else.
Kind of a love/ hate relationship sometimes.

John

CPMcGraw 02-21-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeany
#2037 was the National Aero Space Plane, or something like that. Or did they reuse numbers and not tell me?

Wouldn't be the first time...:o

...or the second time...:(

...or the third...:mad:

ghrocketman 02-21-2007 02:18 PM

The D-Region Tomahawk actually sounds good to me....that was one in the 80's that I always wanted, but never managed to buy for some reason.