Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hot Chicks of ST:TOS (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=10092)

gpoehlein 10-17-2011 07:29 PM

Hot Chicks of ST:TOS

Rather than continuing the hijacking of the Egg Nog thread, I thought I'd just start a new one here. A couple of the more notable quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Mariette Hartley is NOT and NEVER HAS been attractive AT ALL unless compared to that ugly trashy dresser on Mythbusters.
Teri Garr on the other hand was at least attractive a LOOOONGGG time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism
GH, I disagree. I thought she was quite attractive as "Zarabeth" in the ST:TOS episode "All Our Yesterdays." However, my all-time favorite ST:TOS guest hottie was Sherry Jackson who played the andriod "Andrea" in the episode "What Are Little Girls Made Of?"

Far as I'm concerned, a couple of the all time hottest chicks of ST:TOS were Angelique Pettyjohn, who played Shahna in "The Gamesters of Triskelion" (I've got a poster autographed by Ms Pettyjohn of her in the setting of the episode, but totally nude - d*** those were some serious ta-tas!.) Sadly, she passed away a number of years back from cervical cancer.

My second nominee is Yvonne Craig (who also played Batgirl) as Marta, the green orion slave girl in the episode "Whom Gods Destroy". To us teenagers in the late sixties, Ms Craig was seriously sexy!

Teri Garr was cute in a slightly bubble headed, girl next door kind of way, but I think Pettyjohn and Craig were both much sexier.

Interesting ST:TOS trivia note - costume designer Bill Theiss was always running up against Standards and Practices during the show, and the two things he couldn't expose were the undersides of the female breast (the top side was OK, but not the bottom side - author David Gerrold surmised that S&P must have though moss grew down there or something) and the navel! When he did the costuming for a later Roddenberry pilot, "Genesis II", Theiss designed all the costumes to show the navel, and Roddenberry had makeup give all the girls an extra bellybutton each!

Other nominees? :D

Doug Sams 10-17-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein

I've always been partial to Susan Oliver from the "The Menagerie". About the only other thing I know her for was playing Audrey Williams in Your Cheatin' Heart.

BTW, found this, which amounts to the "babes of Star Trek" :)
http://www.startrekpropauthority.co...-star-trek.html

Doug

BEC 10-17-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:
Interesting ST:TOS trivia note - costume designer Bill Theiss was always running up against Standards and Practices during the show, and the two things he couldn't expose were the undersides of the female breast (the top side was OK, but not the bottom side - author David Gerrold surmised that S&P must have though moss grew down there or something) and the navel! When he did the costuming for a later Roddenberry pilot, "Genesis II", Theiss designed all the costumes to show the navel, and Roddenberry had makeup give all the girls an extra bellybutton each!

And hence one of Tasha Yar's costumes in "The Naked Now" - an early Next Generation episode that was a follow-on to the TOS episode "The Naked Time".... http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha...ntoxication.jpg which covered just about everything else but the space between the undersides of Denise Crosby's breasts and her navel....

jadebox 10-17-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
And hence one of Tasha Yar's costumes in "The Naked Now" - an early Next Generation episode that was a follow-on to the TOS episode "The Naked Time".... http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha...ntoxication.jpg which covered just about everything else but the space between the undersides of Denise Crosby's breasts and her navel....

And some of the "Dabo Girl" outfits in DS9.

I'm going to meet Yeoman Rand in a couple of weeks ....

-- Roger

luke strawwalker 10-17-2011 09:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Rather than continuing the hijacking of the Egg Nog thread, I thought I'd just start a new one here. A couple of the more notable quotes:

Far as I'm concerned, a couple of the all time hottest chicks of ST:TOS were Angelique Pettyjohn, who played Shahna in "The Gamesters of Triskelion" (I've got a poster autographed by Ms Pettyjohn of her in the setting of the episode, but totally nude - d*** those were some serious ta-tas!.) Sadly, she passed away a number of years back from cervical cancer.

My second nominee is Yvonne Craig (who also played Batgirl) as Marta, the green orion slave girl in the episode "Whom Gods Destroy". To us teenagers in the late sixties, Ms Craig was seriously sexy!

Teri Garr was cute in a slightly bubble headed, girl next door kind of way, but I think Pettyjohn and Craig were both much sexier.

Well, close...

Mariette Hartley played a 'convert' from a group of "superhuman" mutants that had evolved from humans after the nuclear war that destroyed civilization in "Genesis II". The mutant Tyranians were identifiable by their second belly button. The Tyranians were quite Roman-esque-- very brutal and cruel yet dedicated to their "culture" and very much assured of their own superiority over the "mere humans" they enslaved as workers. The "normal humans" were spread around the planet as survivors, and of course populated the "Pax" organization around which the show was based and to which Mariette Hartley had supposedly converted (she was later revealed to have been a spy for the Tyranians).

I love "Genesis II". It's a darn shame that it didn't get picked up as a weekly show. The use of the subterranean 'transport tubes' was as innovative as the Star Trek "transporter" and would have been used as a plot device had the series been picked up to explain how the PAX characters (including Dr. Dylan Hunt-- "Airwolf" co-star Alex Cord) would travel to different areas around the planet "at will" in this post-apocalyptic world "attempting to save the best and most noble of humanity's past" and having weekly adventures along the way. Sorta like "Star Trek" but after a nuclear war and never leaving Earth...

I couldn't disagree with GH more... Mariette Hartley was EXTREMELY HOT as Zarabeth-- course I've always been a leg man LOL :) and she was quite tall and statuesque... and I've always had a thing for tall and statuesque as well... LOL:)

Another VERY attractive young lady on Star Trek was Charlene Polite, who starred in somewhat disappointing episode "The Cloud Minders" as Vanna, a mining slave leading a revolt against the mine overseers which lived in a floating city several miles above the planet's surface. VERY attractive lady, who sadly is also no longer with us, fallen victim to cancer in the 90's.

Later! OL JR :)

bernomatic 10-17-2011 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
BTW, found this, which amounts to the "babes of Star Trek" :)
http://www.startrekpropauthority.co...-star-trek.html

Doug

I was a little disappointed as I couldn't find Khan's and my favorite, Lt. Marla McGivers, aka Madlyn Rhue. I guess I just like red heads. ;)

gpoehlein 10-17-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Well, close...

Mariette Hartley played a 'convert' from a group of "superhuman" mutants that had evolved from humans after the nuclear war that destroyed civilization in "Genesis II". The mutant Tyranians were identifiable by their second belly button. The Tyranians were quite Roman-esque-- very brutal and cruel yet dedicated to their "culture" and very much assured of their own superiority over the "mere humans" they enslaved as workers. The "normal humans" were spread around the planet as survivors, and of course populated the "Pax" organization around which the show was based and to which Mariette Hartley had supposedly converted (she was later revealed to have been a spy for the Tyranians).

I love "Genesis II". It's a darn shame that it didn't get picked up as a weekly show. The use of the subterranean 'transport tubes' was as innovative as the Star Trek "transporter" and would have been used as a plot device had the series been picked up to explain how the PAX characters (including Dr. Dylan Hunt-- "Airwolf" co-star Alex Cord) would travel to different areas around the planet "at will" in this post-apocalyptic world "attempting to save the best and most noble of humanity's past" and having weekly adventures along the way. Sorta like "Star Trek" but after a nuclear war and never leaving Earth...

Later! OL JR :)

Well, yes, that was the SF story justification for it, but behind that was Roddenberry's and Theiss' desire to thumb their noses at the Censors.

Interestingly, Roddenberry and wife Majel did finally resurrect the character of Dylan Hunt in Kevin Sorbo's character in the series "Andromeda". They took the Genesis II concept and took it into space.

mycrofte 10-18-2011 03:04 AM

You are leaving out some good ones!

Who Mourns for Adonais?

Wink of an Eye

Requiem for Methuselah

This goofy thing wouldn't let me post pictures...

Leo 10-18-2011 04:37 AM

Leslie Parrish, arguably the most beautiful woman to ever appear on ST TOS :)

Scotty did have taste :D

Randy 10-18-2011 08:37 AM

All of those ladies are great but for me, Pettijohn hands down then Grace Lee Whitney. I'm reminded of a Benny Hill skit: "A woman like that could ruin a man... if he was lucky!" :)

Randy
www.vernarockets.com