Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Alway Saturn V returns! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17272)

Vanel 05-22-2018 09:26 PM

The Alway Saturn V returns!

BMS will be rereleasing Peter Alway’s 1/195 Saturn V in early July. According to the website, this will be a limited run of this most excellent kit, and Bill is taking pre-orders now. I am stoked! I have been wanting one of these for years.

Looks like the 50th moon landing anniversary stuff is beginning to get underway!

And I already know how you feel about pre-orders, GH - but I put my money down for one. If you can’t trust BMS, you can’t trust anyone.

kevinj 05-23-2018 09:45 AM

Love this kit. Glad it's coming back for the anniversary builds.

Cue a rant about not pre-ordering anything in 3, 2, 1....

astronwolf 05-23-2018 10:28 AM

Good build-off subject

ghrocketman 05-23-2018 12:24 PM

One of very few companies I would ever consider a pre-order. That, Semroc, and Roachwerks.

mojo1986 05-23-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj
Love this kit. Glad it's coming back for the anniversary builds.

Cue a rant about not pre-ordering anything in 3, 2, 1....

:chuckle:

rocket.aero 05-23-2018 08:28 PM

"Step 88: When nobody is around, set your model upright on the table and count down from 10. Make roaring noises and slowly lift the model."

Magnificent!

Sheryl@Semroc 05-24-2018 01:54 AM

Alway Saturn V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
One of very few companies I would ever consider a pre-order. That, Semroc, and Roachwerks.

Thank you, GH. That is a very high compliment. When Carl, Bruce, and I had Semroc, we never would take pre-orders. If it wasn't ready to go out, we just couldn't take money. Maybe we should have though, sometimes we made too many and lost money. That's when Carl started the "what kit would you like to see" section. The kits with the highest interest would be worked on first. Worked out pretty well and got everyone involved.

Sheryl

Ltvscout 05-24-2018 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl@Semroc
Thank you, GH. That is a very high compliment. When Carl, Bruce, and I had Semroc, we never would take pre-orders. If it wasn't ready to go out, we just couldn't take money. Maybe we should have though, sometimes we made too many and lost money. That's when Carl started the "what kit would you like to see" section. The kits with the highest interest would be worked on first. Worked out pretty well and got everyone involved.

I really miss the customer participation with Semroc that Carl utilized. Something that is no longer done. :(

Scott_650 05-24-2018 08:01 AM

I procrastinated until all of the last run of Estes Saturn Vs were gone so I'm not missing out on these - preorder is placed (though I'm sure Estes will crank out another batch). Just hope I can get it built in time for one of the anniversary launches!

ghrocketman 05-24-2018 12:49 PM

I miss that aspect of Semroc the most.