Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ok (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=10228)

Daddyisabar 11-14-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raohara
I'll admit ignorance. Who is shrox?

- Rich

Shrox, his arm covered in the purest shimmering samite, held a loft FireFox from the bosom of Rocsim, signifying by divine providence that I, Daddyisabar, was to carry a stable airplane rocket to pad. That is why I am a BAR and am not digging in the muck, even though I do spy some lovely filth just outside my window.

Search out his name on the forums and you too shall see the light. Blessed are those who eat the white pasty glue.

shrox 11-14-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

- Rich

I am the uncontested Master of the Dark Art of Model Rocketry.

Daddyisabar 11-14-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrox
I am the uncontested Master of the Dark Art of Model Rocketry.

Many things you can learn about the art of model rocketry from the Dark Master and NOT from the Jedi. Did you know of the Sith legend of Darth Sparky, so power full with the Dark Side was he that he could shoot lighting bolts through his fingers and successfully ignite both High Power and Micro Max clusters at safe distances with out the use of an expensive launch control system. So powerful that the midi-chlorians would tell him if the rocket was stable, and would bring spent copperheads back to life. Never underestimate the Power of the Dark Side. Just keep building black super plane rockets from the evil empire and all will be well.

shrox 11-14-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyisabar
Many things you can learn about the art of model rocketry from the Dark Master and NOT from the Jedi. Did you know of the Sith legend of Darth Sparky, so power full with the Dark Side was he that he could shoot lighting bolts through his fingers and successfully ignite both High Power and Micro Max clusters at safe distances with out the use of an expensive launch control system. So powerful that the midi-chlorians would tell him if the rocket was stable, and would bring spent copperheads back to life. Never underestimate the Power of the Dark Side. Just keep building black super plane rockets from the evil empire and all will be well.

Yeah, I don't do that...the whole LARP speak thing...

A Fish Named Wallyum 11-14-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyisabar
Golly gee, we have enough trouble with the Monty Python crowd, we don't need any Sweathog hijackers adding to problem. Did I ever tell you the one about my Uncle Lester, where he got thrown off the forum for typing all his posts to sound like Ahh-nol'd HOR-shaaak.

Hey, when the Sweathog is the ranking forum deity, it's all good. :D

A Fish Named Wallyum 11-14-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

- Rich

THIS.............

.....is SHROX!!!
(Well, at least as I see it. ;) )

dyaugo 11-14-2011 04:03 PM

It doesn't take much to design rockets...there's a lot of builders out there that put together some nice "ORIGINAL" scratch builds in other forums.

With a lot of the software out there today you are only limited to your imagination. There's nothing more rewarding than designing, building and flying your own rocket you built from scratch. The thing that is so cool you don't end up spending a small fortune on a kit.

Most of the designers out there do some variation of existing kits and they slap their name on it and say its theirs..what a joke.

Most of the kits out there today are way over priced anyway. I would never shell out $50 for balsa and cardboard..if the kit used plywood parts such as rings and fins or fiberglass...then yeah it would be worth it!

Just my two cents :D

jadebox 11-14-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

[Spoiler]
http://www.payloadbay.com/article-shrox.html
[/Spoiler]

-- Roger

jadebox 11-14-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyaugo
It doesn't take much to design rockets...there's a lot of builders out there that put together some nice "ORIGINAL" scratch builds in other forums.

With a lot of the software out there today you are only limited to your imagination. There's nothing more rewarding than designing, building and flying your own rocket you built from scratch. The thing that is so cool you don't end up spending a small fortune on a kit.

Most of the designers out there do some variation of existing kits and they slap their name on it and say its theirs..what a joke.

Most of the kits out there today are way over priced.

Just my two cents :D

Apparently, there's a great business opportunity available to you. If you can design, develop, and market quality model rocket kits at lower prices than the ones available from other vendors, you should do well. :-)

-- Roger

dyaugo 11-14-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadebox
Apparently, there's a great business opportunity available to you. If you can design, develop, and market quality model rocket kits at lower prices than the ones available from other vendors, you should do well. :-)

-- Roger

I'm already doing it right now. I have a few proto-types I am working on.