Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Estes 2008 Catalog (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=2960)

Rocket Doctor 03-14-2008 02:51 PM

Estes 2008 Catalog

From my sources, the 2008 Estes catalog should be out by the end of April. I don't know how they are going to handle requests though.

If it's the same as last year, they took email requests and mailed out catalogs.

cas2047 03-14-2008 03:15 PM

I emailed Estes yesterday inquiring about the catalog and they emailed me back within an hour telling me that they would mail the catalog to me in late March or early April when it came out.

barone 03-14-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas2047
I emailed Estes yesterday inquiring about the catalog and they emailed me back within an hour telling me that they would mail the catalog to me in late March or early April when it came out.

I asked for a 2007 catalog last year and never got one. Good thing there is a Hobby Lobby nearby

Shreadvector 03-14-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

If they are indeed ready by late March or early April, then we will have at least 4 cases of them at the RCX show at the Fairplex in Pomona CA - to go along with the free Estes rockets. (If all goes according to plan...)

cas2047 03-14-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
I asked for a 2007 catalog last year and never got one. Good thing there is a Hobby Lobby nearby

We don't have any Hobby Lobby's here in the North East. I'm hoping that they will expand into our area at some point.

I'd really like to be able to take advantage of those 50% off coupons that come out from time to time.

Rocket Doctor 03-15-2008 05:50 AM

Quote:
We don't have any Hobby Lobby's here in the North East. I'm hoping that they will expand into our area at some point.

I'd really like to be able to take advantage of those 50% off coupons that come out from time to time.

Have you gone to Michaels? They have 40% off coupons, but, their selection isn't as good as HL.

dwmzmm 03-15-2008 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Have you gone to Michaels? They have 40% off coupons, but, their selection isn't as good as HL.

The Michaels we have near here has a pretty good selection of kits and engines (as well
as accessories, such as wadding, launch rods, etc), almost as good as the Hobby Lobby
(and Wal - Mart) located about a block away....

cas2047 03-15-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor

Unfortunately the Michaels that we have around these parts don't carry rockets or rocket supplies. I do most of my purchasing online these days.

Mark II 03-15-2008 08:41 PM

I usually pick up all my Estes catalogs these days at my "local" independently-owned hobby shop. ("Local", is in just 55 miles away - a trip that takes about 1.5 hours on local roads.) That hobby store (;) completely free and unsolicited plug---> Norwood Hobby Shop, Norwood, NY <---plug ;)) is a pretty good place, too, especially considering that its main business is in model railroad and gas-powered R/C car and boat products. My "local" Michael's (72 miles away) carries Estes rocketry products but never seems to have the catalog.

Mark

Mikus 03-21-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
The Michaels we have near here has a pretty good selection of kits and engines (as well
as accessories, such as wadding, launch rods, etc), almost as good as the Hobby Lobby
(and Wal - Mart) located about a block away....

Ah yes, the Hwy 6 location. But doesn't the Michael's 40% coupon appear much less regularly than the HL 40% coupon? Or am I looking in the wrong place?