Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Estes Thor Agena - B (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=3308)

dwmzmm 05-12-2008 08:12 PM

Estes Thor Agena - B

I'm getting ready to order some parts to build a clone of the Estes Thor Agena - B scale
model; already printed the instructions. Does anyone know the exact length of the BT-52
and BT-60 used for this kit?

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Ltvscout 05-12-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
I'm getting ready to order some parts to build a clone of the Estes Thor Agena - B scale
model; already printed the instructions. Does anyone know the exact length of the BT-52

You can buy most if not all of the parts from Semroc. Ask Carl about the items not listed. I'd bet most are available even if not listed as available in this link.

http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts...Parts.asp?ID=30

dwmzmm 05-12-2008 08:53 PM

Thanks, Scott. I was just surfing SEMROC's website and found the Thor Agena - B parts listings when your reply to my posting came in. Just ordered the needed parts and even
added myself another Golden Scout kit!!

As for the balsa pieces, I have plenty of assorted balsa stock that was given to me a while
back by a well known master scale modeler in our area (care to guess?!). This person can
also probably make the Thor Agena - B decals for me.

I'm really excited to get my hands on this project. Plus, I got the 1/70 Saturn 1-B, the
R-7 Vostock/Voshod, 1/70 Apollo Little Joe - II, Astron Farside, etc., I'd like to get to work on. Too many projects and not enough time (nor storage space)!

Royatl 05-12-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

I'm fairly certain that the SPEV kit will get you everything you need in the proper lengths, other than a set of 2060 centering rings instead of the 2070 included.

Mark II 05-13-2008 02:24 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Scott. I was just surfing SEMROC's website and found the Thor Agena - B parts listings when your reply to my posting came in. Just ordered the needed parts and even
added myself another Golden Scout kit!!

As for the balsa pieces, I have plenty of assorted balsa stock that was given to me a while
back by a well known master scale modeler in our area (care to guess?!). This person can
also probably make the Thor Agena - B decals for me.

I'm really excited to get my hands on this project. Plus, I got the 1/70 Saturn 1-B, the
R-7 Vostock/Voshod, 1/70 Apollo Little Joe - II, Astron Farside, etc., I'd like to get to work on. Too many projects and not enough time (nor storage space)!

Yeah, sure - go ahead and gloat! ;) :D (And do a little dance, too!! :D :D :D )

The Thor Agena - B is on my list of 1967 catalog models to build, too. Now I know where I will be able to get all the parts! (Woo-hoo!) :) (The Farside/Farside-X is also on that list. As is the Saturn 1B - and I do know where I will be able to get one of those... :cool: )

Mark

tbzep 05-13-2008 05:02 PM

I picked up the nosecone, transition and BT-52 on my last Semroc order. I turned those balsa parts plus the 60-70 transition for my SPEV clone right before Semroc announced the kit :rolleyes:, but thought I'd take the easy way out for the Thor-Agena. :)

Mark II 05-13-2008 05:45 PM

Dave, you WILL post build pics of your TA-B, won't you (please)?

Mark

Race58 05-13-2008 07:04 PM

How did you navigate to that page at Semroc? I can get there from the link you posted but can't find out how to get to it from in the Semroc site itself for this rocket or others like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
You can buy most if not all of the parts from Semroc. Ask Carl about the items not listed. I'd bet most are available even if not listed as available in this link.

http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts...Parts.asp?ID=30

Mark II 05-13-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race58
How did you navigate to that page at Semroc? I can get there from the link you posted but can't find out how to get to it from in the Semroc site itself for this rocket or others like it.

Go to the Semroc home page. Look for the box on the right side of the page that says "The Classics 1954-1995" and click on it. The list is in chronological order, starting with the very first model rocket kit ever produced. Either scroll down to find the kit that you are interested in, or else enter a search term in one of the boxes at the top of the page, underneath each heading. When you find the kit that you are interested in, click on the first box on that line, all the way over on the left side. That will bring up a page with kit information, a link to online plans, and a parts list for building a reproduction of the kit (not all kits have plans online or complete lists of repro parts yet, though). It is a good idea to click on the "Legend" link at the top left corner of the master list page, to see what the symbols in the boxes mean. And, optionally, you can also vote if you think that Carl ought to produce a Retro-Repro reproduction of this kit! (See the latest vote rankings of the kits by clicking on the "Queue" link at the top of the master list page.) Just one of the very cool things on the Semroc web site! :)

Mark

dwmzmm 05-13-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race58

I actually got to that page by accident; using Yahoo Search I kept scrolling down (got many
pics of the real Thor Agena - B while I could) until I happen to hit one that took me straight
to the SEMROC page listing all the parts on hand for the Thor Agena - B model. It was while
I was doing this Scott's message came in at the same time. Heck, since SEMROC (and BMS)
already has done most of the work for us, we can safely say the Thor Agena - B kit is available!