Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   PR: Sunward announces 4 new Model Rocket Kits and new Parts (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=5572)

Sunward 07-13-2009 01:28 PM

PR: Sunward announces 4 new Model Rocket Kits and new Parts

July 13, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sunward announces 4 new model rocket kits and new parts. Now available are 4 kits, from BT50, BT60, and for the first time, a BT80
body tube.

The kits available are:
Tri-force model rocket kit - BT60 with 9 fins and new distinctive design
Mini-Moondance™ model rocket kit - a smaller version of the popular kit
Penguin™ Model Rocket Kit - Sunward's first BT80 design
Gravity Rider - antares class™ - a relaunch of the kit with smaller body tubes, same decal, and can now be built as a single or
cluster kit.

Also available are BT20 connectors, BT20 baffles, and new bulk parts of body tubes and connectors.

The new products are now available for hobby stores, online sellers, and from Sunward.

The model rocket kits are also participating in Sunward's Special Sale until July 31.

For further information, please contact:

o1d_dude 07-13-2009 02:17 PM

The Penguin looks pretty "goony" to me. LOL!

j.a.duke 07-13-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunward
<snip>

Also available are BT20 connectors, BT20 baffles, and new bulk parts of body tubes and connectors.

Angelo,

I don't see the BT20 baffles on the site-did I miss them? I clicked the link to them from the home page but the smallest listed is BT50.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon

Sunward 07-13-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.a.duke
..... don't see the BT20 baffles on the site-did I miss them? ....

Because I forgot to put it in the page :eek:

Now there.

Thanks for the info.

marcsl 07-13-2009 04:34 PM

Limited supply of the Sunward Penguin rockets here :

http://www.rocketarium.com/sunward2.html

Marc

UMRS 07-14-2009 05:59 AM

Shouldnt you do PR for your own site in another thread? Its pretty tacky to advert in another manufacturer/vendors thread.

:confused:

STRMan 07-14-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMRS
Shouldnt you do PR for your own site in another thread? Its pretty tacky to advert in another manufacturer/vendors thread.

:confused:

He's clearly a distributor for Sunward claiming to have the exact same product that Sunward is announcing on this thread. What is tacky about that? Seems like a nice and very appropriate tie in. It isn't as if he said "I have this product from a competitor you might like better". Maybe I'm missing something here.

UMRS 07-14-2009 07:47 AM

Perhaps this will explain it better.

Angelo is not only the manufacturer of the kit he also sells them himself on his own website.

Therefore another post in the SAME thread is tacky. If he wishes to announce hes also selling the same product, it should be done in a seperate thread.

In essence by posting an offer to sell the same product as a competitor right after Angelos,is like saying yeah he has it but the hell with him buy it from me instead.

If Sunward was ONLY a manufacturer I wouldnt have a problem with it.

STRMan 07-14-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMRS
Perhaps this will explain it better.

Angelo is not only the manufacturer of the kit he also sells them himself on his own website.

Therefore another post in the SAME thread is tacky. If he wishes to announce hes also selling the same product, it should be done in a seperate thread.

In essence by posting an offer to sell the same product as a competitor right after Angelos,is like saying yeah he has it but the hell with him buy it from me instead.

If Sunward was ONLY a manufacturer I wouldnt have a problem with it.

OK, I see what you are saying. Very strange. In my business I sell a membership directly to the public. I also have a distributor network that sells the exact same thing. When they do, their commission nets me a lower profit. I don't care. I am happy to direct people to my distributors. Instead of having just one point of purchase, my customers can find my product in multiple places, thereby increasing sales. I didn't see the conflict because of the way I do business.

I know if I had to deal with a manufacturer that wanted to compete aggressively with it own distributors, I would just not conduct business with that manufacturer. What would be the point? In all likeliness, the manufacturer's distributor network would dry up, and they would be standing alone in the marketplace. Not a good place to be in this economy.

The post was made as a MANUFACTURER'S ANNOUNCEMENT, not a dealer's announcement. I guess we can just agree to disagree on this topic. I still see no problem, and up to this time SUNWARD has not expressed any displeasure either. If I made an announcement concerning the product I sold, and one of my distributors jumped aboard in support, I would welcome it.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Can we at least agree these are some pretty cool looking rockets? ;)

Sunward 07-14-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRMan
....I know if I had to deal with a manufacturer that wanted to compete aggressively with it own distributors, I would just not conduct business with that manufacturer...

Wow.

Could you go around and tell all rocketry retailers that?