Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Forum Information, Rules, Etc (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   "Make the World Go Away..." (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11696)

Tau Zero 10-05-2012 11:53 PM

"Make the World Go Away..."

Scott, is there any way for you to set up an option for individual users (e.g., yours truly) to prevent the "Free For All" topics from showing up in my "New Threads" list, or even make that subforum "disappear" entirely? (At least in the *virtual* sense.)

Just wondering.

Thanks and cheers,

5x7 10-06-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
Scott, is there any way for you to set up an option for individual users (e.g., yours truly) to prevent the "Free For All" topics from showing up in my "New Threads" list, or even make that subforum "disappear" entirely? (At least in the *virtual* sense.)

Just wondering.

Thanks and cheers,

I'll second that, but i know it's been asked before!

Ltvscout 10-06-2012 10:21 AM

I don't know of any way to do that. Sorry.

Raygun 10-06-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I don't know of any way to do that. Sorry.

Can't you make a button for that? You created this forum right?

tbzep 10-06-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raygun
Can't you make a button for that? You created this forum right?

vBulletin created the forum software. ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum 10-06-2012 05:38 PM

I really don't mind the OT stuff to a point. (God knows I've gone there a time or two.) What I do mind is having some people who post little to no rocketry content dumping every socio-political/racial turd that squeezes out from between their ears in the Free For All section to the point that it outnumbers the rocketry posts 2X over. :mad:

Bob H 10-06-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I really don't mind the OT stuff to a point. (God knows I've gone there a time or two.) What I do mind is having some people who post little to no rocketry content dumping every socio-political/racial turd that squeezes out from between their ears in the Free For All section to the point that it outnumbers the rocketry posts 2X over. :mad:
You have a magical way with words, Bill

I couldn't have said it any finer.

blackshire 10-06-2012 06:55 PM

There is a way to deal with those who post little else on YORF *besides* material that is intended for socio-political agitation (other than simply ignoring their posts). When I was a member of a few USENET groups back in the 1990s, when some interloper dropped in and tossed a "rhetorical Molotov coktail" [deliberately misspelled to evade the "dirty word detector"], the group members would not respond (which was exactly what the agitator wanted); instead, we would follow up his posting in his thread with comments or questions regarding non-group subjects that interested us (gardening, fishing, pie recipes, etc.). They seldom came back to bother us again... :-)

Tau Zero 10-06-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob H
You have a magical way with words, Bill

I couldn't have said it any finer.
Bill's so much more sophisticated and eloquent than I am. :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

A Fish Named Wallyum 10-06-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
Bill's so much more sophisticated and eloquent than I am. :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

That I is. That I is. Me bein' a city mouse and all. :rolleyes: