Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Mission Control (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   NARAM pics - Fini! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=331)

A Fish Named Wallyum 08-05-2005 05:00 PM

NARAM pics - Fini!

10 Attachment(s)
Not a lot of sun today. (But the sun's buddy humidity stuck around to keep us company.) Not much in the way of flights, either. Most of the action was at the contest range where everyone was watching various plastic model kits destroy themselves by attempting to land on immovable objects. (One guy's PMC entry actually put a hole in the metal top of a vendor's trailer! Can you say "DQ"? Can you say "duct tape"? :D )
With the almost complete lack of business on the sport range, I again found time to fly a few of my birds. This first section will be dedicated to me, from me, in the fervent hope that I'll soon find a new hobby. ;)
I managed five flights on the day, two of which, the Marauder and Star Snoop, I flew because they were vets of NARAM 43. Another was the Groove Tube upscale that I rebuilt after it spent two months in the wilds of the VOA. It's now back home in the wilds of the VOA. The fourth and fifth flights were the Rokitflite Odyssey, which is now much shorter. :(
Enjoy! :cool:

Ltvscout 08-05-2005 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
The fourth and fifth flights were the Rokitflite Odyssey, which is now much shorter. :(

Ouch! What happened?

Did you happen to go to the NARAM auction the other night? If so, anything cool go through?

A Fish Named Wallyum 08-05-2005 05:15 PM

Other highlights

5 Attachment(s)
Not many flights, but some quality birds. ;) I missed the Bomarc launch when I went to lunch. I wasn't happy. :mad: See?

A Fish Named Wallyum 08-05-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Ouch! What happened?

Did you happen to go to the NARAM auction the other night? If so, anything cool go through?

No, I missed it. Too far to drive back up after I got home and I was SICK of driving. Check NARAM Live!

Ltvscout 08-05-2005 05:18 PM

Quote:
Not many flights, but some quality birds. ;) I missed the Bomarc launch when I went to lunch. I wasn't happy. :mad: See?

Who's the chick in the white top with the Bomarc? :D

A Fish Named Wallyum 08-05-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Who's the chick in the white top with the Bomarc? :D

The owners daughter. Very pretty girl, which is why I didn't insist that she move. :rolleyes: I figured someone would notice. Thanks for reaffirming my faith in the male gender. ;)

JRThro 08-05-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:
The fourth and fifth flights were the Rokitflite Odyssey, which is now much shorter. :(

Ouch! What happened? It looks like the chute deployed okay and didn't separate or anything. Now I'm even more scared to fly mine than I already was.

A Fish Named Wallyum 08-05-2005 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
Ouch! What happened? It looks like the chute deployed okay and didn't separate or anything. Now I'm even more scared to fly mine than I already was.

I think it was a combination of things. A hot C6-5 ejection charge and a weak spot on the body tube. I coated the crease with CA, but that may have not been enough. I've got a movie of the first flight, which was a B6-4. If you want, I'll try to send both you and Scott a copy. Pretty cool. :cool:

Ltvscout 08-05-2005 07:26 PM

Quote:
I think it was a combination of things. A hot C6-5 ejection charge and a weak spot on the body tube. I coated the crease with CA, but that may have not been enough. I've got a movie of the first flight, which was a B6-4. If you want, I'll try to send both you and Scott a copy. Pretty cool. :cool:

Sure. Send it to me via email and I'll upload it to the site and put a link to it in this thread.

Ltvscout 08-05-2005 07:28 PM

Quote:
The owners daughter. Very pretty girl, which is why I didn't insist that she move. :rolleyes: I figured someone would notice. Thanks for reaffirming my faith in the male gender. ;)

Hehe. It looks like Tom Pastrick is checking her out vs looking at the rocket. ;)