Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Moving (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17449)

shrox 08-15-2018 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernomatic
If you find peace and happiness there, enjoy and be blessed. :)

Thank you. True Northern California is quite beautiful, we'll be 250 miles north of San Francisco, almost Oregon.

leftover 09-02-2018 02:09 AM

One of the most beautiful places in the world
Congrats

Jerry Irvine 09-02-2018 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you make pay check scale income CA pays for your health insurance and has tax credits.

If you earn a generous salary you pay high sales taxes, income taxes, and property taxes. I have three friends that moved out of state to avoid that. I went to Vegas last month off the beaten path and the growth is astounding.

It extends miles to every direction of the strip and notably a whole bunch to the west and south. They are paving the desert. If you go to Vegas go on the stratosphere, sit and have a cold drink for an hour and look out in spiral distances to get an idea of scale.

shrox 09-02-2018 02:32 PM

[We're moving to a little fishing and logging town far north of all that. Oregon is less than an hour north of where we'll be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
If you make pay check scale income CA pays for your health insurance and has tax credits.

If you earn a generous salary you pay high sales taxes, income taxes, and property taxes. I have three friends that moved out of state to avoid that. I went to Vegas last month off the beaten path and the growth is astounding.

It extends miles to every direction of the strip and notably a whole bunch to the west and south. They are paving the desert. If you go to Vegas go on the stratosphere, sit and have a cold drink for an hour and look out in spiral distances to get an idea of scale.

Jerry Irvine 09-02-2018 03:02 PM

You can launch at Brothers/Bend. Great site.

shrox 09-10-2018 10:10 AM

Sold the house!

ghrocketman 09-10-2018 10:31 AM

Great you sold the house.

I gotta ask this though....being in No-Cal you get all the negatives of the high taxes, enviro-whacko-ness, and over-regulation California has to offer, but none of the benefits of So-Cal like great year-round weather.

WHAT is the upside ?

tbzep 09-10-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman

I gotta ask this though....being in No-Cal you get all the negatives of the high taxes, enviro-whacko-ness, and over-regulation California has to offer, but none of the benefits of So-Cal like great year-round weather.

WHAT is the upside ?

Giant Sequoia/Redwood rocket eating trees!

ghrocketman 09-10-2018 01:03 PM

Uhhhhhh....I don't see that as ANY upside whatsoever.
High taxes, over regulation, enviro-whackos, and lousy (cold) winters.....YECHHHHHH.

shrox 09-10-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman

WHAT is the upside ?

All the things you mentioned.