Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Estes Saturn V Replacement Parts (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=16337)

JumpJet 11-18-2016 03:40 PM

Estes Saturn V Replacement Parts

1 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to let you guys know that you can now purchase a replacement Apollo Capsule and the New Injection Molded Plastic Fins for your New or Old Estes Saturn V kits.

John Boren

jeffyjeep 11-18-2016 04:35 PM

That's Wonderful!!

ghrocketman 11-18-2016 09:20 PM

That's AWESOME, John !
My 2001 Saturn V escape tower has been busticated beyond repair for years.

sandman 11-19-2016 11:26 AM

Like I tell my wife just because it's on sale doesn't make it a bargain.

I have four sets (without the fins) but with extra F1 nozzles, capsules, towers and misc. Plastic Saturn V parts I got from Christine about 15 years ago.

So maybe I'll just order some fin sets.

I use to feel special about this...but not any more. :(

ghrocketman 11-19-2016 11:44 AM

Price seems pretty reasonable to me.

johnpursley 11-27-2016 02:55 PM

Wonderful to see replacement plastic parts kits! I'm going to "push" folks especially to the plastic fins since its the fins that almost everyone goofs up on...the wood AND the vacuformed versions.

And for those who want to easily add even more detail as well as easy the finishing of their Saturn...

I am releasing the first of several "mission specific" Saturn V "skin kits" check eBay (search for "Estes Interceptor" and you will find more than just my Interceptor wrap kits) for a sample of what my sking kits are about or for just a peek at some of my skin kits visit Accur8 . I'll be expanding the web site soon.

As of this time,. the 1/100 Saturn V skin kit will be a "mixed media" skin kit with a combination of metal foil wraps, water slide decals, and full tube wraps for all the stages with the markings and other details printed on the wraps. In addition to perfect positioning and alignment of markings, the skins also cover the body tube spirals. There will also be detailed skins to cover the multi-segmented "systems tunnels" on all stages.

Drop me a note at johnpursley@accur8.com

I have other "scale" skin kits for the Estes Little Joe II, Estes Mercury Redstone (MR-1, MR-7, MR-8), and for Gemini Titans using BT-80, BT-70 and BT-60. Also check out my Trajector, Cosmic Interceptor, Interceptor (both 1250 and E versions), and Vindicator skin kits on eBay.

My web site is still a "work in progress" so visit it (or drop me an email) to find out about more skin kits and custom skin design.

rocketpunch 09-29-2017 12:02 PM

John, will Estes ever make the vac form wraps available as a replacement purchase?

JumpJet 09-29-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:
John, will Estes ever make the vac form wraps available as a replacement purchase?

It's not up to me so I have no clue. I can ask though.

John Boren