Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Global Warming is a scam (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=7666)

jetlag 08-30-2010 05:20 PM

Global Warming is a scam

Ok, Dave,

Lets have at it! Please! If nothing else, perhaps you can educate me on how all these 'scientists' have endorsed the global warming theory set forth by the scientists at the University of East Anglia.
Their research was funded by........whom?
Where did the grants come from?
Where is the data? Gone? Lost in the move? How convenient.
Where is the 'debate?' There isn't one because those who believe the earth is warming because of humans cannot back up their claims. They refuse to debate. Hmmmmmm.

What's the specific heat coefficient (J/g*deg. K) of water, Dave?
When you find that answer, please tell me what the specific heat coefficient of CO2 is. I think you will find a huge discrepancy, one that when you picture atmospheric CO2, you will realize CO2 cannot trap heat to the extent we have been told. Physics, my boy.

Your turn, my friend.
Allen

PS. How many carbon credits should I buy for each C6-5 I ignite? Anyone??

Shreadvector 08-30-2010 05:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

:D

jetlag 08-30-2010 06:23 PM

That was funny, Shread. I love Monty Python.

But, I'd like to add this to the discussion: Water Vapor as THE greenhouse gas (GHG).
WV makes up approximately 96% of our atmosphere, while CO2 is significantly lower, on the order of around 2-7%, depending on whom you read. Composition of about 0.036% of all GHG's is, I think most would agree, extremely minute.

Even if we COULD calculate accurately the effects of all GHG's on our atmosphere, and then create an atmospheric AND climatic model that MIGHT give us some insight in to our future temperatures/weather/climate outlook, WHAT KIND OF EFFECT IS THE SOLAR CYCLE HAVING ON ALL OF IT? If it is significant, then our model just got infinitely more complex, because we are now combining climatic/atmospheric weather models of the Earth with those of the Sun... so the variables of uncertainty just keep on growing!!! If you're an advocate for conservation and minimizing fossil fuel consumption/emissions, saving rain forests, preserving habitats, saving animals from extinction, etc., GOOD FOR YOU (I AM), but you may want to re-evaluate your reason. I just love the outdoors, and I like clean air above the city I live in... oh, and I like the idea of giving my hard-earned money to somebody other than an oil company once in a while... so shoot me! As far as Global Warming is concerned, the only noticeable relationship I see between human emissions and Global climate change is the next election.

According to the ice core samples that have allowed dating back over 150,00 years, the Earth's temperature always rose first FOLLOWED by a rise in CO2 levels centuries later, not the other way around.
Science, Dave. Don't be fooled by the leftist hacks upset by the fall of communism.

Allen

o1d_dude 08-30-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
Don't be fooled by the leftist hacks upset by the fall of communism.

Allen

They've all become involved with "transnational progressivism" which I euphemistically refer to as "the opiate of the incompetent". =|

stefanj 08-30-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:
WV makes up approximately 96% of our atmosphere, while CO2 is significantly lower, on the order of around 2-7%, depending on whom you read

Wait . . . what planet are you from? Someplace with an atmosphere that's 96% STEAM (water vapor) and SEVEN PERCENT carbon dioxide?

Admit it: You're an alien agent, and you're ginning up efforts to limit the carbon dioxide emissions SO THAT THE GREENHOUSE EFFECT EVAPORATES EARTH'S OCEANS, turning our fair green world into a duplicate of the hellish place you come from.

We're onto you, you alien *******.

MarkB. 08-30-2010 06:59 PM

Hey!

Who took all the nitrogen!

And its not "global warming" anymore, its now "climate change" based on the realization that some places are going to get warmer and some are going to get cooler, and some wetter and some dryer . . . .

Feyd 08-30-2010 07:35 PM

Read Michael Crichton's book "State of Fear". Excellent read and oddly appropriate in today's environment.

State of Fear

RandyT0001 08-30-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:
What's the specific heat coefficient (J/g*deg. K) of water, Dave?
When you find that answer, please tell me what the specific heat coefficient of CO2 is. I think you will find a huge discrepancy, one that when you picture atmospheric CO2, you will realize CO2 cannot trap heat to the extent we have been told. Physics, my boy.

The specific heat coefficient?????????

Are you asking for the specific heat capacity of water?
OR
Are you asking about the heat transfer coefficient for the phase change from water to steam?

jetlag 08-30-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT0001
The specific heat coefficient?????????

Are you asking for the specific heat capacity of water?
OR
Are you asking about the heat transfer coefficient for the phase change from water to steam?

Heat capacities, grasshopper. The amount of energy required to raise/lower 1 kg of gas 1 degree Kelvin in joules. I thought I put that equation up there..........

"And its not "global warming" anymore, its now "climate change" based on the realization that some places are going to get warmer and some are going to get cooler, and some wetter and some dryer . . . ." Mark B

Yes, the change came about because no one would debate global warming. They just got mad and hrumphed there way out the door. Calling it 'Climate Change' was really genius: Who could ever deny that the climate changes? It fit the political purpose of trying to quiet the non-believers.

Allen

harsas 08-30-2010 08:45 PM

I really hate stupidity.