Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Modelrockets.co.uk Has Some OOP & Vintage Kits (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=623)

snaquin 12-28-2005 05:54 PM

Modelrockets.co.uk Has Some OOP & Vintage Kits
 
I guess this is the right forum to post this since it concerns "who has what?".

Not sure if any of you are familiar with this vendor but he's holding a few Eggspress kits for me. He also has a good selection of OOP & Vintage kits.

To name a few:

2016 Explorer Aquarius
1988 Argosy Intergalatic Strike Fighter
1954 Starbird
2038 Alien Space Probe
1977 Geo Sat LV
2010 Star Rider Intersteller Courier (Can't remember last time I saw that one)

He has 52 products posted in this catagory, all NOS New Old Stock.

http://www.modelrockets.co.uk/shop/...hp?cPath=74_116

Anyone have any experience with this vendor. I just rec'd an email from him concerning the Eggspress kits. His name is Paul Lavin.

He has some B8-5 motors in stock too but I doubt they can be shipped overseas.

A Fish Named Wallyum 12-28-2005 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I guess this is the right forum to post this since it concerns "who has what?".

Not sure if any of you are familiar with this vendor but he's holding a few Eggspress kits for me. He also has a good selection of OOP & Vintage kits.

To name a few:

2016 Explorer Aquarius
1988 Argosy Intergalatic Strike Fighter
1954 Starbird
2038 Alien Space Probe
1977 Geo Sat LV
2010 Star Rider Intersteller Courier (Can't remember last time I saw that one)

He has 52 products posted in this catagory, all NOS New Old Stock.

http://www.modelrockets.co.uk/shop/...hp?cPath=74_116

Anyone have any experience with this vendor. I just rec'd an email from him concerning the Eggspress kits. His name is Paul Lavin.

He has some B8-5 motors in stock too but I doubt they can be shipped overseas.


He has several nice birds that I'd like to have, but I wonder about the exchange rate and shipping. Still, an Explorer Aquarius......... :cool:

snaquin 12-28-2005 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
He has several nice birds that I'd like to have, but I wonder about the exchange rate and shipping. Still, an Explorer Aquarius......... :cool:


Paul informed me in an email that he could ship up to four of the Eggspress kits for about $17 (10) so every 10 price on his site is about $17 US dollars

I also found this site for an easy conversions (as you can see I've been thinking about this):

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Pick United Kingdom Pounds-GBP in the first drop down and US dollars in the second, type in the amount from the site in the box on the left and it will convert for you.

His prices look reasonable and it appears he's been in business six years from one of the banners on the site. I'm going to give him a try after I get paid on the 1st :D

snaquin 01-03-2006 04:34 PM

Also to any forum members here that may be interested, Paul emailed me to let me know that these kits will also be added to the website soon:

Rainmaker
Sizzler
Scout III
Blue Star
Laser
Sparrow
Javelin
Yankee
Viking
Blazer
Micron
Reliant

And there are a few more to come like Army Hawk, Sentinel, Liberty, Skinny Mini & Leprechaun

CPMcGraw 01-03-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Also to any forum members here that may be interested, Paul emailed me to let me know that these kits will also be added to the website soon:

Rainmaker
Sizzler
Scout III
Blue Star
Laser
Sparrow
Javelin
Yankee
Viking
Blazer
Micron
Reliant

And there are a few more to come like Army Hawk, Sentinel, Liberty, Skinny Mini & Leprechaun


Checking the Kit Lists...

Scout III
Blazer
Reliant
Micron

...Are all in RED, indicating that NO ONE has the plans for these anywhere on the internet. Great additions!

CPMcGraw 01-03-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I guess this is the right forum to post this since it concerns "who has what?".

Not sure if any of you are familiar with this vendor but he's holding a few Eggspress kits for me. He also has a good selection of OOP & Vintage kits.

To name a few:

2016 Explorer Aquarius
1988 Argosy Intergalatic Strike Fighter
1954 Starbird
2038 Alien Space Probe
1977 Geo Sat LV
2010 Star Rider Intersteller Courier (Can't remember last time I saw that one)

He has 52 products posted in this catagory, all NOS New Old Stock.

http://www.modelrockets.co.uk/shop/...hp?cPath=74_116

Anyone have any experience with this vendor. I just rec'd an email from him concerning the Eggspress kits. His name is Paul Lavin.

He has some B8-5 motors in stock too but I doubt they can be shipped overseas.


He also has the Astro and the Vagabond kits listed right now. The Astro is another of those few kits that haven't been scanned or posted to the internet. The Vagabond is a Centuri Astro-1 in a silver space suit...

BIGBAR 01-04-2006 01:15 AM

I wounder where all the old kits came from? :)

Ltvscout 01-04-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBAR
I wounder where all the old kits came from? :)

He bought them from someone/company here in the states.

snaquin 01-04-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
He also has the Astro and the Vagabond kits listed right now. The Astro is another of those few kits that haven't been scanned or posted to the internet. The Vagabond is a Centuri Astro-1 in a silver space suit...


I noticed that Vagabond Starter Set too. Like Scott mentioned it states in some of the ads that these are all NOS from a continental hobby dealer. Too bad we couldn't get to that dealer first and shake him down and save on some of the additional shipping charges :D

He's holding a couple of Eggspress kits and he told me shipping on up to four would be about $17 USD and probably about the same for less than four. I don't think the new egglofter Estes is planning to release this year will use the same egg capsule and I already used the two I have to build an EnerJet Egg Crate and EnerJet 1340 so I'll probably get a couple from this vendor since these kits are thinning out at the auctions.

I also noticed the 2231 fin alignment guide there that I used to have years ago but the price in USD is almost $44 :(

Ltvscout 01-04-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
He's holding a couple of Eggspress kits and he told me shipping on up to four would be about $17 USD and probably about the same for less than four. I don't think the new egglofter Estes is planning to release this year will use the same egg capsule and I already used the two I have to build an EnerJet Egg Crate and EnerJet 1340 so I'll probably get a couple from this vendor since these kits are thinning out at the auctions.

Take a look on eBay. Some dude has about four of them listed, all ending on different days. I believe they're around $5. You may want to email him directly to see if he has more. I've seen this guys items in the past and he appears to be buying overstock/leftover stock from someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I also noticed the 2231 fin alignment guide there that I used to have years ago but the price in USD is almost $44 :(

That's about what they go for on eBay now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.