Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Building Techniques (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Centuri body tube list (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17626)

hcmbanjo 01-26-2019 08:35 AM

Great work Jay! Your work will help us all.

I always like the Centuri body tube sizing by diameter and length,
Not just random letters like with the Estes parts.

Ltvscout 01-26-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
Here's my first rough draft, which I hope will be helpful until I can make more progress on this project.

67 Centuri rockets so far, if I counted correctly.

Any feedback or pertinent comments are welcome.

Thanks!

Jay,

When you have a "final" version or are close to it make a new post in the Plans forum and post it there. I'll then make it a sticky.

LeeR 01-26-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:
Today I'm looking for body tube lengths for the Centuri "Argus" 5039 / KB-9.

Jay,

Sandman has an Argus kit for sale. Maybe he could measure the tubes, provided they can be easily measured in the bag?

Unless you are wanting the kit, in which case for $80 you get the kit, and the measurements! ;)

Tau Zero 01-28-2019 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Jay,

Sandman has an Argus kit for sale. Maybe he could measure the tubes, provided they can be easily measured in the bag?

Unless you are wanting the kit, in which case for $80 you get the kit, and the measurements! ;)
Lee,

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, I'm short on cash due to looming hospital bills (wife had her gall bladder removed). :eek: ;) :)

Also, this message below is all I get. (There is no joy in Mudville...)

Tau Zero 01-28-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
When you have a "final" version or are close to it make a new post in the Plans forum and post it there. I'll then make it a sticky.
LTV "Scott" ;) ,

Will do! :D :cool:

BEC 01-28-2019 12:42 AM

Jay,

Sandman's site is only up for ordering during the day when he can "manage" the inventory manually.

Also...you can add the Viking, catalog #5440 (one kit) or #5441 (box of 12 kits) with the same parts as the Akela-1 to the body tube list.

....and, best of luck to you and your wife with respect to the gall bladder surgery. My wife went through the same thing a couple of years ago. It was "interesting" for a few days. Don't be afraid to stay ahead of the pain.

LeeR 01-28-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:
Lee,

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, I'm short on cash due to looming hospital bills (wife had her gall bladder removed). :eek: ;) :)

Also, this message below is all I get. (There is no joy in Mudville...)

Sorry Jay! Hope your wife is doing well.

I find it’s best for me to only try to visit Gord’s site at night. I’ve saved a lot lately ... ;)

Tau Zero 01-28-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:
Lee,

I sent Gord a PM, and he was kind enough to take measurements for me. ;) :D :cool:

Tau Zero 01-28-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmbanjo
Great work Jay! Your work will help us all.

I always like the Centuri body tube sizing by diameter and length,
Not just random letters like with the Estes parts.
Thanks, Chris! I appreciate the vote of confidence. :D

Back in the day, I remember discussing body tube "names" with an Estes fan.

The best they could come up with was, "You can put three BT-20s in a BT-60, and have a three-motor cluster. See? It *does* make sense!"

--I *still* wasn't convinced.

However, it depends on how you were conditioned. ;) :D

Tau Zero 01-28-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
....and, best of luck to you and your wife with respect to the gall bladder surgery. My wife went through the same thing a couple of years ago. It was "interesting" for a few days. Don't be afraid to stay ahead of the pain.
Quote:
Sorry Jay! Hope your wife is doing well.

Yep, it's been a couple of months, so she's doing *much* better.

Quote:
I find it’s best for me to only try to visit Gord’s site at night. I’ve saved a lot lately ... ;)
:D