Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Three day weekend build frenzy (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11181)

A Fish Named Wallyum 05-28-2012 04:51 PM

Three day weekend build frenzy

I dragged out a bunch of old projects and started a few new ones this weekend. Some of these pre-date us living in this house, so I finally decided that I was sick of seeing them sit unfinished. A couple are new builds.

The Pulsar came about because I had a bunch of BT-5, a bunch of PNC-5A, and an old Pulsar decal that I got in an Ebay auction. Should be perfect for B6-4 Field.

Voyager II. Not my build, but a badly beaten Ebay refugee that I got cheap. I've already flown it, but I wanted to get it painted and decaled. It needed two paper shrouds replaced, so I printed new ones on cardstock.

MPC Flare Patriot that I bought in 2001. Also an Ebay bird. Painted it silver, but it looked terrible, so it never flew. I resprayed it white and I'm going to go from there.

A Fish Named Wallyum 05-28-2012 04:59 PM

Custom Matra is coming along fine after a rough start. Engine mount and some fillet work tonight, then I'll decide on how much to trim off of the top section of BT-60.

Explorer Aquarius that Chas brought for me at one of the NARCONs. I've taken it to launch TWICE, only to find NO LAUNCH LUGS. :o Now it at least has one.

Estes Death Star that I built for my nephew. I went out and bought Testors primer and paint today, so I'll have an official paint scheme when I get to take the kids flying again. This paint and primer will also allow me to finish the F-22 Air Superiority Fighter that I've had since 1996. :eek: :rolleyes:

John Brohm 05-28-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
... so I finally decided that I was sick of seeing them sit unfinished. A couple are new builds.

While it looks like you have your work cut out for you, it also seems that you're well on your way. The strays have been herded back in the corral; no doubt they'll turn out well.

Keep us posted!

A Fish Named Wallyum 05-28-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brohm
While it looks like you have your work cut out for you, it also seems that you're well on your way. The strays have been herded back in the corral; no doubt they'll turn out well.

Keep us posted!

Just the tip of the iceberg. There are still a bunch of half-completed projects sitting out there in the shop. The good news is that if I make it to NARAM, I should have an interesting bunch of birds to fly. Or at least some decent B6-4 Field pics. :rolleyes:

stefanj 05-28-2012 05:55 PM

I've been doing some painting this weekend. I had hopes to start a model or two, but a took a really long nap on the couch instead. I don't do that too often, so I let it happen.

RWmarlow 05-28-2012 06:05 PM

Great work man...I did get a tube of glue out today...but never did get around to using it!

A Fish Named Wallyum 05-28-2012 06:07 PM

Part of my day today was spent helping a young girl whose car overheated while in line at Sonic. I was trying to let the steam escape a little, but it blew the cap on me. :eek: Scared the hell out of me and burned my hand and face. The good news was that it let the pressure off. Volkswagons are tempermental as hell.

bernomatic 05-28-2012 07:48 PM

I can remember a time when you wouldn't have had to worry about letting the steam escape from a volkswagon, and we"ve advanced?

A Fish Named Wallyum 05-28-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernomatic
I can remember a time when you wouldn't have had to worry about letting the steam escape from a volkswagon, and we"ve advanced?

It was a Cabrio. According to my son, the VW guru, there is no way to let the steam off except explosively, so I did it right. :o

Chas Russell 05-29-2012 09:53 AM

Glad to see the Aquarius build. Jeez, that NARCON was five years or so ago. I still have one kit in the box.
Remind me to nag you about launch lugs. Here's your sign....

Awaiting future launch picks!

Chas