View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 12:10 AM
Craftsman

They are designed for RC, that was the whole point of coming out with these, since there are lots of unguided boost glider kits. You'd have to work out some sort of mechanism to enable up trim for the gliders after boost.

All three are very similar to boost and fly, you can watch the video on my page and see the flights of all three, they boost and glide in a very similar way and all land pretty easily. Construction is about the same since I do most of the hard work for you. The controls are all just roll/pitch control.

As for the composite motors, they are are really the best because the E-6 gives a nice gentle boost that doesn't stress the airframe and gives you time to react to any wind/trim if needed. For Estes motors you'd need to cap the ejection charge/end with epoxy so that they don't damage the foam and eject the motormodels are already nose heavy on glide, you don't want to make it worse by ejecting the casing. Modifying the motor is not NAR approved if that is a problem where you launch. I've flown them on D-12, E-11, E-9 and E-12 motors this way and they flew fine and the glide was spot on, so cg change from the E-6 motor/casing.

On a price per flight basis there isn't a huge difference than the D/E bp motors versus the E-6 reloads..

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe
I've been watching this thread for a while now and have some questions:

- Is it possible to fly these as unguided gliders or is the r/c equipment required?

- You recommend composite motors, but will they fly decently on 24 mm black powder motors?

- Is any one of three easier to operate than the others or are they all about the same level of complexity?

They're pretty cool! Thanks!