View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 11:17 AM
That 70's Rocketeer

Scott,

I fully realize you are not done and there are parts to yet create and tweaks to the current parts. And no hurry on you finishing it. For some feedback, the shoulder for the transition is super tight in a BT-60, you have to force it in. I'll sand it down and it will be okay, but you might want to see if you can adjust it a little. The shock cord attachment you incorporated in it is awesome, looks really strong. I'll start a build thread when I get a chance. I'll give you feedback on how it goes. But really super job so far, this is going to make for a great rocket and a really nice size. I saw your Saturn V, looks terrific too, may give that a try. A number of years ago I scratch built a BT-80 based Saturn V with paper wraps and plastruct for the little bits, this 1B will be pretty much the same same scale and a good companion piece. I may build your version 2 of the BT-80 Saturn V as well, I liked the idea in one of the previous posts of printing the wraps in vase mode.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  SaturnV_BT80.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  54.9 KB  

"You know, it, uh, won't fly unless somebody pushes the button." From the movie October Sky.

I am SAM # 0167
NAR 98303 Southwestern Ohio Rocketry Association (SORA) #624
https://www.rocketryohio.com